Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Need to find a new gun store...

Got my gun permit yesterday, then went over to the local gun shop to get a small 9mm for home protection.
    When I was ready to pay by credit card for the gun and bullets, the cashier said, "Strip down, facing me."
    Making a mental note to complain to the NRA about the gun control wackos running amok, I did as she had instructed.
    When the hysterical shrieking and alarms subsided, I found out she was referring to how I should place my credit card in the card reader.
    I've been asked to shop elsewhere in the future.
    They need to make their instructions to seniors a little clearer.

Spyder Garage

I love it
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Yes

Very funny.

For those of us in the latter years of life, todays language interpretations/definitions can be a challenge for sure.
    My wife told the grandchildren she was going to lunch with her girl friend. You should have seen the looks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Good one..!!

even in my advanced age and lack of the modern language would have asked at least one more question......
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Taking what people say "literal" can lead to some very interesting situations.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Think what it's like for me when I visit you guys!!

Many, many words you say don't mean the same as they do here and it's not limited to car parts!

In the UK " I'm going outside to have a fag " means " I'm going outside to smoke a cigarette "!

You'd get some strange looks in England if you're a man and said " I'm going to need to adjust my suspenders! "

UK speak for the things that hold up your trousers, sorry, pants is "braces." "Suspenders" hold up a woman's nylons.

Fortunately for me my mother spent much of her childhood in Buffalo NY and I was brought up with her using

US English......used to say things in my early childhood like Sure! That's swell!

I'm just getting used to the idea that "sick" now means "excellent" rather than "depraved" or "unwell"!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by OJ UK; 12-12-2015 at 03:54 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post

Many, many words you say don't mean the same as they do here and it's not limited to car parts!

In the UK " I'm going outside to have a fag " means " I'm going outside to smoke a cigarette "!

You'd get some strange looks in England if you're a man and said " I'm going to need to adjust my suspenders! "

UK speak for the things that hold up your trousers, sorry, pants is "braces." "Suspenders" hold up a woman's nylons.

Fortunately for me my mother spent much of her childhood in Buffalo NY and I was brought up with her using

US English......used to say things in my early childhood like Sure! That's swell!

I'm just getting used to the idea that "sick" now means "excellent" rather than "depraved" or "unwell"!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
    Our language can be very interesting when compared with those from other countries.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Our language can be very interesting when compared with those from other countries.

Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post

And just like when arranging a date with a lady a whole different meaning between here and there when you say, "I'll knock you up tomorrow evening!"

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)