Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Corbin Bags for F-3

Beware if you are considering the purchase of Corbin bags for your F-3. They are beautiful but may also be nonfunctional and Corbin does not care. Issues include: One bag could not be mounted because holes did not match mounting studs. latches nonfunctional on both bags. Lid on one bag will not stay open. Stand off is 1" different between left and right bag. Several design details are not true mirrors between right and left bag. A week after I sent complaint message and photos I was advised that "all features were within acceptable tolerance for this type of product". For $2000 I got bags that won't latch and don't match.

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin Bags for F-3

Checkout Spyderpops page. He's selling good looking, and functional bags for the F-3. Under $700. check it out

Spyder Garage

I have two sets with none of those issues. Do you have pictures?

Spyder Garage

Whaaaaaat

That's not an acceptable answer.
    I would push the envelope on that. Talk to supervisor

Spyder Garage

My son (Netzley Tire) just installed a set Sunday, and they looked amazing.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Similar issues with the new Corbin Slingshot saddlebags. Except they are a bit more pricey ($3,300).

http://www.slingshotforums.com/threa...ingshots.8362/

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderF-3 View Post
    Beware if you are considering the purchase of Corbin bags for your F-3. They are beautiful but may also be nonfunctional and Corbin does not care. Issues include: One bag could not be mounted because holes did not match mounting studs. latches nonfunctional on both bags. Lid on one bag will not stay open. Stand off is 1" different between left and right bag. Several design details are not true mirrors between right and left bag. A week after I sent complaint message and photos I was advised that "all features were within acceptable tolerance for this type of product". For $2000 I got bags that won't latch and don't match.
    Get some pictures up.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting..!!

Seems something is amiss..not worried about the slingshot but seems they worked well for some not so much in your case. Could there be a mounting hardwear issue that you could exchange..??
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

That doesn't sound like a positive customer service experience from a company that gets complimented A LOT on this board...
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13

Spyder Garage

Have made many purchases from Corbin. Never an issue with the items or the quality thereof.

Pictures would be nice as mentioned above.

--I see this is your first post on the site.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I ve read of many quality control and customer service issues at Corbin. Some other folks have had some initial problems with the bags but most seem to be happy. I hope you get it worked out.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default thanks for interest

Sorry but I lack access to photos from this machine. Will send next week if interest continues. I too though that quality or the support of quality was a given with a Corbin product. It does appear that they do shield the upper management from direct customer contact, but the person I communicated through was responsive and professional. With respect to asking for a supervisor you need to understand that Mike Corbin sits on the Product Quality Panel that determined my complaints to be w/o merit. Even latches that do not latch were determined to be within acceptable fabrication tolerance. I did ask for a set of mounting struts that were actually a matched set, and offered to mill slots in the correct location if they would provide me with blank striker plates. I bought these as a gift for my wife "greenspydergirl" who posts often, and the balance of the features that make these less than mirror images were caught by her eye. I reluctantly used a grinder to wobble out the mounting holes to get the right bag to fit and moved on. I spent a week of careful and thoughtful presentation to Corbin, and their official response was "no problem here".
    Guess I'll be looking at Mustang when the stock saddle on my Road King craps out.

Spyder Garage

You just list California for a location. Corbin is in Hollister, if you are just 3 or 4 hours away, ride up and show them the problem. Maybe they will be willing to work with you.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

+Arrrgg.. Now you have me worried. I have a set of bags, smuggler and seat on order. so far they said it will take a lot longer because of the holidays. They take a week off for Thanksgiving and 2 weeks for Christmas. I called them yesterday to make sure they have the order right because I ordered the fleetliner bags on a different day. I also told them I wanted 1 key for all three bags. He said the locks only come in pairs. I think he make a note to key them all alike. I also told him to mix the paint once for both orders. He made note all that. He said the main machine that does their Fiberglass work broke down and they are having to do everything by hand. That is probably the source of your issues.
    Last edited by AY4B; 12-11-2015 at 09:46 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Sorry to read this and I hope you have better results with them than I did.
    I never ordered bags from them, but after 2 seats (MotoGuzzi & BMW) that I had issues with I finally learned to never purchase anything from Corbin again.
    Good luck!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Hey, the Polaris Slingshot Corbin bags are $3,300 and folks have been reporting the same type of issues!

Spyder Garage

I'm thinking the bags I ordered in Oct. should be arriving any day now. You guys are NOT making this easy!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default over due

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    +Arrrgg.. Now you have me worried. I have a set of bags, smuggler and seat on order. so far they said it will take a lot longer because of the holidays. They take a week off for Thanksgiving and 2 weeks for Christmas. I called them yesterday to make sure they have the order right because I ordered the fleetliner bags on a different day. I also told them I wanted 1 key for all three bags. He said the locks only come in pairs. I think he make a note to key them all alike. I also told him to mix the paint once for both orders. He made note all that. He said the main machine that does their Fiberglass work broke down and they are having to do everything by hand. That is probably the source of your issues.
    I waited 10 weeks for my bags after being quoted 4-6 weeks. Was told mine were late due to issues in the paint shop. No mention of proper machinery needed to make the bags being broken.
    It's close to 5 hours up the I-5 to their shop and I would not ride it but would have put the bike on a trailer had they made any mention of interest to help rectify some ofthe problems.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I have two sets with none of those issues. Do you have pictures?
    This is the easiest item to display. This is the minimum relocation of the striker plate required to get the latch to engage. It should and will be relocated about 1/8" farther back when I remake the striker plates. As you can see this location is well beyond the limits of adjustment and rotated slightly CCW. Same situation with left bag, to slightly smaller degree. The plates are held w/ machine screws. Tapped plate is embedded in the glass work, So filling and drilling new holes is not an option. I asked for a set of blank striker plates so I could put the slot in the correct location. That request was ignored.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I was going to say, "I hope you used a credit card to pay for them". But then I saw you "modified" them to fit. That takes Corbin off the hook. I also bought from Corbin for my Victory when I had it. The seat would not fit unless I made some modifications. Their reply was, " you mounted it. Now it's used. No returns." Corbin customer service sucks! Plain and simple! Sorry you got scammed. And by a "sponsor" no less. They deserve to be dropped! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems. I love my Corbin bags on my F3.
    2015 F3s White

BRP Drivers and Passenger backrest
    Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Spyder Garage

Mine work well and are very handy. They also look OEM.
    2019 Rally , Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I was going to say, "I hope you used a credit card to pay for them". But then I saw you "modified" them to fit. That takes Corbin off the hook. I also bought from Corbin for my Victory when I had it. The seat would not fit unless I made some modifications. Their reply was, " you mounted it. Now it's used. No returns." Corbin customer service sucks! Plain and simple! Sorry you got scammed. And by a "sponsor" no less. They deserve to be dropped! Tom
    Plate shown in the photo is not modified. i took no action until they advised that Mike Corbin was satisfied with the product they delivered and intended to provide no support. It took two mods to make the plates work, but I just installed them and the bags now latch and lock as they should. I have access to a full service metal working shop and it was required to make the latches work. I did use a credit card, but the bags were ordered 3 billing cycles ago and I've already paid for them. Bottom line is I want the bags and expected that Corbin would want me to be pleased about my purchase

Spyder Garage

Wow, that stinks. No product should be causing issues; definitely not a $2k product. Great job making them work though!
    2015 Spyder F3-S SM6

Spyder Garage

Plate shown in the photo is not modified. i took no action until they advised that Mike Corbin was satisfied with the product they delivered and intended to provide no support. It took two mods to make the plates work, but I just installed them and the bags now latch and lock as they should. I have access to a full service metal working shop and it was required to make the latches work. I did use a credit card, but the bags were ordered 3 billing cycles ago and I've already paid for them. Bottom line is I want the bags and expected that Corbin would want me to be pleased about my purchase
    It really does kind o' suck that Corbin charges your credit card when the bags "go into production" rather than when they are shipped, which is a more standard practice with companies that ship items. I ordered my bags the middle of October AND WAS CHARGED. Still waiting and hoping!