Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I am quite fond of Speed Bleeders as they make that job ridiculously simple and a solo act to boot. Anyone here ever try them on a Spyder?
    http://speedbleeder.com/
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Get a quote from another shop. Those that have tried on their own, with experience of properly bleeding brakes, have done far more harm and expense than if they simply paid to have the task accomplished.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    I am quite fond of Speed Bleeders as they make that job ridiculously simple and a solo act to boot. Anyone here ever try them on a Spyder?
    http://speedbleeder.com/
    Downside of Speedbleeders is any compromise at the threads, that allows the entry of air, creates issues to obtain a proper bleed. With the amount of fluid needed to be pulled through the entire system, vacuum bled, done correctly works very well. Vacuum bleeding is also primarily a single person task, however I do complete every vacuum bleed with a few pump type bleeds at each bleeder fitting as the final bleed before topping up the reservoirs.

Spyder Garage

I have the Speed Bleeders on my V-Max and they seen to work perfect. Good, tight lever every time. I draw out most of the old flluid from the resivour with a turkey baster first then add new fluid . Rince and repete. Job done. I may get them for the Spyder. Thanksgiving turkey tastes funny though.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Downside of Speedbleeders is any compromise at the threads, that allows the entry of air, creates issues to obtain a proper bleed. With the amount of fluid needed to be pulled through the entire system, vacuum bled, done correctly works very well. Vacuum bleeding is also primarily a single person task, however I do complete every vacuum bleed with a few pump type bleeds at each bleeder fitting as the final bleed before topping up the reservoirs.
    Sounds as though you have not used Speed Bleeders. They have a sealing compound on the threads that prevents air from passing and a check valve that allows only the outward flow of fluid. I have never experienced such firm brakes until I started installing Speed Bleeders. At $7 a wheel, they are a bargain.
    I'm looking for someone who HAS put Speed Bleeders on their Spyder and what they have to say about doing the job?
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

my speed bleeder was my wife.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

I have BUDS and used it to flush my system at the 2 year mark (15 RTL). Following the BUDS procedure, the fluid that came out of the ABS module was much darker and dirtier than what came out of the calipers. Without BUDS, I'm not sure that all that fluid could be changed, since BUDS is the only way to get the ABS module to activate. Dark colored DOT 4 is an indication of absorbed water. Absorbed water will cause corrosion. Corrosion can cause an ABS failure. ABS module is expensive. Since it's only required every 2 years, I think it's a reasonable thing to have done properly to avoid what could be a far more expensive repair later, or worse, a collision in the event of an ABS failure. JMHO
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You could lock your brakes a few times on a slippery parking lot, have the ABS kick in and then bleed them conventionally.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    You could lock your brakes a few times on a slippery parking lot, have the ABS kick in and then bleed them conventionally.
    What page in the manual is that procedure?
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Any one have a problem where break indicator light stays on after you release the breaks. The breaks will release and lock, when I turn bike off it beeps as if the breaks are not on even though the breaks are locked

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison55 View Post
    Any one have a problem where break indicator light stays on after you release the breaks. The breaks will release and lock, when I turn bike off it beeps as if the breaks are not on even though the breaks are locked
    There's a micro switch down by the parking brake motor. It probably needs adjustment.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!