Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone buying a Camera this year?

There are so many cameras’ out there. Really hard to choose. We have done some comparisons and gotten a lot of feedback over the years. Put together some details and specifics on some of the most popular ones and thought I would share them. GoPro gets lots of attention, but there are some other great cameras out there. Take a look and let me know your thoughts.

http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/blog...right-for-you/

May help as you are looking for gift ideas!

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

If you're looking for something different, this might produce interesting motorcycle video.

http://www.amazon.com/Ricoh-Theta-Di...=ricoh+theta+s

Saw a video review of it this morning.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Pragmatic Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting this. I'm thinking of getting one and this roundup will come in handy.

Pam

Spyder Garage

As a professional photographer, I've found that sometimes the best experience comes from having a common camera. I don't know these cameras well enough to comment on what is best, but I know GoPro puts all of its attention into their cameras (in their particular nitch). I don't know with other brands if a particular camera is a one-off, or if it will be popular enough to have all the options that something like a GoPro has.

Small differences in features of quality usually amount to far less in the practical world that versatility, availability, and confidence in a system that will continue to grow.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

GREAT article!!

As a very UN-professional photographer; I just bought a GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition.
    So far; I've managed to make just about every editing mistake possible; I'm going to go shoot some more video this afternoon, and see what else I can do wrong...
    (Note to self: SAVE the project!!)
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 12-05-2015 at 03:16 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

The info lined is cool to read. I do not own a GoPro, but will say that there is power in numbers when you need help or options.

I have had Contours before, neat stuff with he rotating lens for alignment and lasers to set the positioning.

All that said, I have remained old school and prefer my old VIO POV 1.5 setup. Lipstick cam with a cables. Small and easy to mount most times, but the recording device is kind of a pain. All up though, for non HD they do very well on gathering good images, the lens angles do not fishbowl bad, and being non HD, they do not stall the computer when editing.

I learned HD really is a benefit for those that watch on an HD TV monitor. Once posted to You Tube or Vimeo, those sites degrade the quality.

Saying all this though, if I was seriously looking, just based on how many people have them, how many mounting options exist and the available knowledge from users, I would be buying a GoPro.

PK

Spyder Garage

I have the Drift Ghost S.
    I've had a couple of other Drift cameras. I like the Ghost S a lot, and it has a remote control.
    I also take it skiing.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default Sena 10c

I have the Sena 10c. Have now used all the features on this video recording, video tagging, taking pics, telephone and music all great
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame