Spyder Garage

Default Have you ever lost this?

I went for a ride for a couple of hours, got home, was walking back into the garage, glanced at the rear fender of my Spyder and the cover for the tag light was gone!
    Has anyone else had this happen?? Just the light cover is not available, so I had to order the whole fixture, and it was not a $2 part!!!!!
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I knocked off the tag light once when it was in our trailer. Luckily it was easy to crazy glue it back together.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

if it is the same as the RS/GS and RSS they sell them online for twenty bucks. I ordered one that works as a running light and tag light. Have the original if anyone else is missing one...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Have heard of few going missing before, who how & when I dont know. Glad you spotted instead a cop letting you know with a ticket

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

The light cover is available separately from Custom Dynamics for $20. Actually thiers is an improved version that is also a tail light instead of a reflector. Its only held on with one screw. I have lost 3 of them until i glued the last one on.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I've had two RS's, both had that light fall off within the first 2000 miles! Suggest you glue it on if replaced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default HOT GLUE

B4 U GLUE IT ON, GIVE CONSIDERATION TO THE FACT THAT 1 DAY U MAY NEED 2 REPLACE THE BLUB....
    what a mess that will be....
    what i did was, take the little screw out, then with my
    HOT GLUE gun, i added a tab of hot glue to the screw and screwed it back in b4 it solidified.... kind'a like LOCTITE without the permanency... now if you ever need to replace the bulb, it will be easy to unscrew that little bugger without a big mess or braking the housing...
    jmho
    Dan P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Happened to me

It happened to me, but the taillight cover had a little help coming off as my gal parked the ST-L in the garage, but the taillight was too close when the garage door came down and cracked it. I took the opportunity to replace it with the TricLED lighted taillight cover as it was better and cheaper than the OEM. You are not alone with this problem, my friend...

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the ideas! I am going to take a look at the new one to see what I will do to try to keep it from coming apart again. I like the light instead of a reflector idea!
    Y'all ride safe!!

Registered Users blaqnaturalnappy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I lost mine also...wasn't gonna pay 50.00 for the whole brake light,jus to take the cover off! So I jus went AM (after market)

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

OK, I picked up the tag light assembly yesterday. I forgot there is a screw in the middle (sort of) of the lens(only I didn't pay attention to it as I was not expecting it to fall off).
    Anyhoo, if it has a screw "holding" it to the fixture, why does it fall off????? I have not spent any time looking at this yet, so when I figure something to "fix" it, I will share my "solution" for anyone that might be interested.
    Has anyone tried a blob of silicone on the end of the lens screw? I will see more when I take the new one apart.

Have a great day! Those who can, time and weather permitting, ride!
    Y'all ride safe!!!!

BTW: While out riding yesterday I saw a record (for me) number of other Spyders out and about! 5 RTs of various colors.

Update: well after further examination I think the lens of the tag light suffered Vibration Fatigue. The screw is still in the fixture and there is a small round piece of the old light fixture still there under the screw head. So that is why it fell off, now to kill the vibration. I know this is a suspenseful situation, try to be patient. (<-- this is the funny part)
    Last edited by ingramwc; 12-01-2015 at 11:40 AM. Reason: update problem info...

Spyder Garage

OK, I replaced the tag light cover, but I put "GOOP" glue on the vertical edges and on the inside of where the screw anchors to the fixture. I hope this lasts longer than the 1st one.