Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: POLICE SUPPORT

Spyder Garage

Default Police Veteran

I agree with Cruzr Joe, you need to be careful with those Blue Line stickers. If you haven't earned it, you should not display it. It's like having an Airborne or USMC patch on your jacket without actually being one. It may also attract the attention of bad guys and get you hurt. The "Police Supporter" blue line sticker is appropriate.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Default ok

ok, i'll take the THIN BLUE LINE off..... all i was try'n 2 do was show a little respect... so much for that huh.....
    but i've got to say 1 thing... if a leo were to get upset by this, they don't deserve to be wearing a badge....
    dan p

Spyder Garage

Default Nice !!

Very nice gesture... don't have that color but sure I can find some...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    ok, i'll take the THIN BLUE LINE off..... all i was try'n 2 do was show a little respect... so much for that huh.....
    but i've got to say 1 thing... if a leo were to get upset by this, they don't deserve to be wearing a badge....
    dan p
    KEEP IT ON >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> READ ON

Which ever one of these stickers that you choose to display is proper.

From time to time a Law Enforcement Officer may inquire as to what the sticker means, (they already know), but that is your invitation to tell them that you are a

1) Active or retired Law Enforcement Officer (you may be asked for your credentials at this point, don't get caught impersonating a Police Officer).
    2) A family member of a Law Enforcement Officer
    3) A supporter of Law Enforcement in general

None of these answers entitle you to any special privileges, But if your offense was minor it might make the Officer a little bit more understanding.

As a Retired law enforcement officer (Police Chief) I will tell you that no law enforcement officer has any authority to ask or order you to remove one of these stickers from your vehicle.

This sticker simply implies that you are a supporter of Law Enforcement in general.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll display it, and let the chips fall where they may...
    I'm just a strong supporter of the Law Enforcement effort!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder Smyles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

http://www.kxxv.com/story/29936884/w...allen-officers

Link to story about why it started.
    CURRENT: 2015 Yellow RT-S SE6 "Smiling All the Way"
    CB, Satelite Radio, BRP Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Handwings, Cup Holder, EZ Pass Holder, Side Saddle Cargo Nets, Smiley Face FLO, Smiley Flower Face Decals, Tri Axel Handlebar's, Corbin Heated Seat, Baker Built Upper/Lower Air Wings, BumpSkid, High Third Brake/Running Light, Brake/Running Light/Turn Signal License Plate, Turn Signals in Mirrors.

PAST: 2013 Yellow RT-S SE5 - Loaded with lots of goodies.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting it!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    dan p
    Leave it on, it isn't just or active duty LEOs it shows overall support. In any profession there are going to be a few...ahem...less then capable workers, whom may have bad attitudes or are totally clueless, could be a cop, waitress, cashier or car salesman, point is that one or two who object are the very small minority. Show your support, let the haters hate.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Another LEO was just arrested today for murdering a teen.............

http://news.yahoo.com/source-chicago...090806427.html

Who is supporting the families of these victim's ?????? Unfortunately , its only known because of technology consisting of dash cams and cell phone vids.......

Sometimes the "bad press" is deserving.......

Please think.........., Everyone shares some responsibility for today's screwed up world we live in........
    Only wishing for change here !!!!!!
    Pro-tip/life hack: Dont get high on PCP and carry a knife around and the whole situation doesn't happen.

Ever deal with anyone high on PCP?! I have. They have abnormal strength, are completely numb to pain, and are unaware of their surroundings which means they don't follow commands, and are often extremely hostile. Everyone wants to be an arm chair quarterback!

Spyder Garage

Default SPYDER SMYLES

I HAVE RECEIVED A RATHER SUBSTANTIAL NUMBER OF PM's FROM MEMBERS SUPPORTING MY INITIAL PROPOSAL...
    MY BLUE LINE IS BACK ON THE REAR FENDER OF MY
    F3-S, AND THERE IT WILL REMAIN...
    THANKS TO ALL THE VERY GOOD PEOPLE THAT RECOMMENDED THAT I STAND MY GROUND, AND THANKS TO
    SPYDER SMYLES FOR POSTING THE STORY OF THE WOMAN THAT STARTED THIS EFFORT... HOPEFULLY, THIS WILL CATCH ON, AND SANITY WILL RETURN TO OUR GREAT NATION...
    DAN P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I had that as a ribbon on my first Spyder for 4 years:

I have also had a Police Department shoulder patch on the front of my riding vest for 5 years:

I have never heard an unkind word from any LEO that I have met. I ride with many cops and have interacted with hundreds while setting up WWR Welcome Home rides. I have a stack of business cards from officers who told me to give them a call if I need any assistance in their jurisdiction.

Like Joe said, keep showing your support.

They need it now more than ever.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Spyd3r

Any support, no matter how big or how small, is a symbol of solidarity with those of us who decide to forgo birthdays, holidays and anniversaries. Those who have seen the best of people and the worst of people. Those of us who shed tears at the end of our tour because the child struck by the car didn't make it. Or the sight of a victim of a horrible crime. Those of us who had to say goodbye, to brave men and women, who never made to home to see their families. And those of us who suffered devastating injuries leaving us unable to do the job we loved.
    If I was still active, and after stopping a vehicle and insuring my safety was not as risk, I would absolutely inquire about any indication the occupant was supporting, or against, a particular person or group. Sad fact is, some of the evil in this world will apply these type of stickers just to see how the officer will react. If the officer will let his or her guard down.
    Many municipalities have cards, stickers and shields, given to supporters and family members. And one group I belong to constantly reminds members when selling their cars, to remove the sticker identifying the operator as a member.
    If you want to show your support, that's fantastic. I applaud your actions. And ther may even be an occasion when an officer shows their gratitude. It's good versus evil, more than ever, and every little bit helps.
    Thanks.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Default I like it

I like that idea. Mind if I steal it and use it on my spyder. State would be Utah though. I currently just have a blue line on the trunk, have had for a while now but I like your idea better. If your ok with it I'm going to have a bunch made up for my retired and active LEO friends. I retired two years ago after 37 years in the business. Still working but doing Code Enforcement in a civilian position. Wife won't let me stay home and my hobbies are too expensive not to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    My "BLUELINE" Sticker, The BlueLine through my state shape

Plus i always fly my Blueline Flag opposite my American Flag

Cruzr Joe
    Current Modes of Transportation:
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT LTD / Pearl White
    2014 Can Cam Commander 1000 Side X Side / Yellow and Black
    2007 Kawasaki Nomad Cruiser 1600 / Black with lots of Chrome
    2006 Ford F-150 Bronze and Chrome
    2014 ASICS Gel-Nimbus Running Shoes / Blue and White

Spyder Garage

Default Leave it on

I did 37 years as a law enforcement officer and I always appreciated those that supported and appreciated us. Leave it on. There is no known rule to me in all my years about only LEO's flying The Thin Blue Line. Fly it proudly my friend and thanks for support.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoovOpRatoR View Post
    Leave it on, it isn't just or active duty LEOs it shows overall support. In any profession there are going to be a few...ahem...less then capable workers, whom may have bad attitudes or are totally clueless, could be a cop, waitress, cashier or car salesman, point is that one or two who object are the very small minority. Show your support, let the haters hate.
    Current Modes of Transportation:
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT LTD / Pearl White
    2014 Can Cam Commander 1000 Side X Side / Yellow and Black
    2007 Kawasaki Nomad Cruiser 1600 / Black with lots of Chrome
    2006 Ford F-150 Bronze and Chrome
    2014 ASICS Gel-Nimbus Running Shoes / Blue and White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Utah Geezer View Post
    I like that idea. Mind if I steal it and use it on my spyder. State would be Utah though. I currently just have a blue line on the trunk, have had for a while now but I like your idea better. If your ok with it I'm going to have a bunch made up for my retired and active LEO friends. I retired two years ago after 37 years in the business. Still working but doing Code Enforcement in a civilian position. Wife won't let me stay home and my hobbies are too expensive not to work.

Utah Geezer

This is not my design and i know of no trademark or patent infringement if you do some with the UTAH state design.

Fly it freely and proudly.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I show my support to our local police by smiling, being polite, saying thank-you etc. when I meet them. Just a shame it only tends to be when they are writing me ticket for speeding but we make sure that doesn't sour our relationship.

Actually a mate of mine, who is a cop, said the best support he could have was being treated like a person e.g. not being introduced as 'This is Paul, he's a policeman' where everyone else is just introduced by name.

Spyder Garage

Default Every good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    If nobody knows about it, how much support are you showing?
    Every good idea started somewhere small until it caught on and spread.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I just ordered 6 stickers for 4 of my vehicles and a couple for other family members. I have a nephew who was shot in the Line of Duty and his partner killed in a shoot out a couple of years ago (RIP Officer Rolando Tirado).

We should always respect our "Thin Blue Line".
    I went to Policetees.com and selected the AZ Blue Line stickers.

Spyder Garage

Default IN SUPPORT

HERE IS A CONVERSATION I HAD THIS MORNING WITH THE SHERIFF HERE IN PICKENS COUNTY, SC:

Sheriff Clark;
    As you will see by the attached thread I started on our SPYD3R website,
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?88168-POLICE-SUPPORT
    I received some negative feed-back... However, I received much more positive feed-back, and also many Personal Messages from members, both LEO's and non-LEO's that support this effort...
    What is your view on this matter...? If you are apposed, I will remove my THIN BLUE LINE....
    Dan P

Dan;
    I think that is great!!!! You could give away money and someone would be negative about it!!!! Now that I think about it, I have never seen a Spyder pulled over????

Thanks for doing that,
    Rick

I THEN ASKED HIM IF I COULD USE HIS REPLY, AND THIS WAS HIS ANSWER:

Yes

SO, AT THIS POINT, I FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE IN DISPLAYING THE THIN BLUE LINE....
    and i especially like his comment about
    "never seeing a Spyder pulled over"...
    THX EVERYONE....
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING...
    DAN P
    SPY3R F3-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can tell him that Spyders have been pulled over in the past...

The charge?

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    You can tell him that Spyders have been pulled over in the past...

So, Bob, how much did that ticket cost you, for "riding while awesome"?
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It wasn't mine...

It was posted in here right after SpyderFest 2013; I just grabbed a copy of it for safekeeping!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It wasn't mine...

It was posted in here right after SpyderFest 2013; I just grabbed a copy of it for safekeeping!

That ticket was issued to KMORT (Kevin) while we were at Spyderfest by a local (Springfield, MO) Officer who was really impressed by the Spyders running all over town.

Cruzr Joe