Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default New member from New Orleans

Got off work yesterday early and decided to go the dealer to start the paperwork on the spyder since I was already pre approved for the loan. Didn't take much negotiating as they dropped a lot of the price for not assisting me when I came in last saturday to look at the spyder and coming back to do business with them. Got all the loan paperwork finished with my bank over the phone but I have to wait for the check in the mail then bring it to them. Hopefully I get it tomorrow or saturday but hard to tell since today is Thanksgiving day. So, I was not able to ride the spyder back home but I am one step closer. Its pretty much mine they just need the check! Heres a pic the dealer took of me sitting on my spyder.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mini73; 11-27-2015 at 03:13 AM.
    Retired U.S navy Seabee! "CAN DO"
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

nice...sounds like a winner...I saw that machine sitting there so lonely and am so glad she now has a home

BE SURE YOU HAVE THE B.E.S.T. WARRANTY IN HAND BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE SHOP WITH HER

a windshield might be the first and most necessary accessory you need...the rest is gravy
    Last edited by PatriotRider; 11-26-2015 at 07:40 PM.
    let's ride safe & be careful out there,
    Mike in Nawlins'
    2014 Black SE6 Limited "Charlotte"
    New Orleans Ride Captain
    Patriot Guard Riders

Spyder Garage

Best color

Spyder Garage

Got the spyder home. It rides nice. Plenty of power for me. Rides sort of like my seadoo rxp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

Been riding the Spyder every time I needed to go some where since yesterday. This thing is a blast! I'm always getting looks and questions when ever I stop or in a parking to. Got to get the motorcycle endorsement on my license now. How many questions is on the test? Is the skills test hard? Is there any kind of study material that I can study for the test?
    I also spent the day putting things on the Spyder. Made up my own iPhone 6 mount from all the old ram mounts that I have from the RXP and my Xterra. Might just eventually get the one that one of the vendors on here sales. It will work for now. Also installed some amber led lights in the side ducts so if the turn signals are left on I know to turn them off and hopefully the drivers on the side of me know when I am changing lanes . Put a white led strip in the grill also just because it kind of looks cool at night. Would like to get some daylight running lights eventually. I had also seen where someone solder some wire to their garage door opener and installed a push button in the console somewhere to open in close the door. I did not mount the push button anywhere but I did run the wire for it up through the steering and ran it with the other wires on the left side of the bar. Now I don't have to stop, get off, open the front trunk to get the remote. Thanks for all the help with the questions! I have some more mods soon!!!
    Last edited by mini73; 11-28-2015 at 09:14 PM.
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

Default You

Quote Originally Posted by mini73 View Post
    Got off work yesterday early and decided to go the dealer to start the paperwork on the spyder since I was already pre approved for the loan. Didn't take much negotiating as they dropped a lot of the price for not assisting me when I came in last saturday to look at the spyder and coming back to do business with them. Got all the loan paperwork finished with my bank over the phone but I have to wait for the check in the mail then bring it to them. Hopefully I get it tomorrow or saturday but hard to tell since today is Thanksgiving day. So, I was not able to ride the spyder back home but I am one step closer. Its pretty much mine they just need the check! Heres a pic the dealer took of me sitting on my spyder.
    S
    Sure look good, welcome!

Spyder Garage

Had to take the Xterra to work yesterday because I had to go and get the little one from school early. Felt funny not riding the spyder. Been riding it everyday since getting it. Rode it this morning to work though. It was pretty cold but managed to get to work in one piece. I just bundled up for the ride. Before leaving the wife asked me if I was going to ride it to work, and asked if I was cold. I told her "Hell yeah I'm going to ride it!!!" Wouldn't mind looking at getting the Route 129 WS or even the Gauge spoiler but they are costly. Still I am loving this F3s!!!!!!!
    2015 Spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

Went to the dealer over in kenner yesterday. Wanted to get the #5 shifter and brake linkage. (Thinking it would feel better than the factory set position) Was going to buy then put it on at home but the darn thing would not fit in the trunk! Good thing I had thought about that before leaving the house. I brought some tools just in case it would not fit and I pretty much figured they would not fit. Boy, what a difference. A lot easier to get to the brake and the shifter!
    2015 Spyder F3-s

New Orleans Westbank - Belle Chasse, La 70037
    Spyder Garage

Default Hey Joey

I'm new too. Joined several years ago but didn't have a spyder then. Last Thursday I saw a 2015 F3s for sale at Crown Buick car dealership on Craigslist of all places. They had a fair price on it, about $2k less than KBB (Kelly blue book) retail. To make a long story short - I bought it and it had 2 months warranty left on it so I immediately took it to powersports in Kenner to have a full service (it's FIRST) done on it which cost $650 and Crown buick picked up the bill which made be very happy. I've driven it a lot since I got it back from Powersports on Sat (4/1) and it drives like a dream. I'm short on funds now but I'm excited to get a lot of accessories and stuff. I'll send you a pick. Hope all is well with you and all. Let me know how your doing with your spyder and are there any others or a riding group in the area? I live on the westbank in Belle Chasse but on the Gretna side of the BC tunnel.
    Jimmy20170329_123120.jpg20170329_123129.jpg