Thread: Highway. Pegs

Spyder Garage

Default Highway. Pegs

I worry that when I have my feet on them my foot would be to far from the brake pedal. I also ride a motorcycle so I'm use to a front brake lever. I have look at the front brake lever kit but, $1300 its not happening. My wife only rides the spyder so it is no big deal to her.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scott k View Post
    I worry that when I have my feet on them my foot would be to far from the brake pedal. I also ride a motorcycle so I'm use to a front brake lever. I have look at the front brake lever kit but, $1300 its not happening. My wife only rides the spyder so it is no big deal to her.
    Yes, that can be a problem. You just have to stay alert and not tailgate when you have your feet up. You do get used to it.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default Same Concerns

I have the same concerns, but will eventually be forced to get highway pegs, which I will only use when away from traffic. I am also much more cautious already in intersections to accommodate for some of the delay in getting my foot to the single brake. I also added a full size brake pad which helps me a lot.

-Bill
    2019 Black F3-T

Spyder Garage

I really like my highway pegs, but do not use them in traffic, it does get exciting when you have to get to the brake in a hurry.

David

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Spyder Garage

The highway pegs are really only to be used when your driving on an open highway such as Interstates or 4 lane roads. If you were driving on a 2 lane road, me personally would not put my feet on the pegs. A lot of 2 lane roads have some blind curves and raises and dips in the road that can obstruct your view. Never know if someone will pull out in front of you or be stopped in the road for whatever reason and you not giving enough time to react to using your brakes. Just my opinion or 2 cents.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Great on the highway and open roads. Not used in traffic of any kind even at highway speeds.

But I would not be without them! They are a must have for long highway rides!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

It's not traffic I worry about its the four leg ones that don't check before they cross. We ride mostly back two lane roads.

Spyder Garage

That's why I added the ISCI hand brake. Riding in any kind of traffic with my foot no where near the brake was a bit scary to me. Now I rarley use the foot brake.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Still Shopping - For Spyder Highway Pegs

RE: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S Highway Pegs – Frame Mounted Brackets.

Do you know of any alternative to Lamont's Lamonstergarage Highway Pegs for the 2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S?

His metal seems too thin at 1/4" [at least for my purpose].

I have seen Rivco floor board ones with much thicker steel and would like to discuss pros/cons with anyone who has installed them, but prefer a frame mounted solution. I need STRENGTH so I can modify to make two heights - 4 pegs. Thanx in advance for yoru assistance.

jimbannon306@gmail.com 815-540-5683 SKYPE: jimbannon306

Spyder Garage

We are planning on going to spyderfest next year so I should be able to see the different ones there. The wife is already working her shopping list.

Spyder Garage

Highway Pegs, yes thats why their called "highway Pegs". Otherwise they would call them "Street Pegs". I wish Spyders had forward pegs (controls) like some of the Harleys. Very comfortable and no need for "highway Pegs".

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Large Brake Pedal for Spyder RT

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBill View Post
    I also added a full size brake pad which helps me a lot.

-Bill
    Can you please supply a part number for the LARGE brake pedal pad?? How about a link for ordering?

Thanx,

Jim

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Hand Brake -- IF reasonably priced

Quote Originally Posted by scott k View Post
    $1300 its not happening...
    DITTO.... Who pays these kinds of prices?
    How do their wives allow it?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BumbleBeeAZ View Post
    Can you please supply a part number for the LARGE brake pedal pad?? How about a link for ordering?

Thanx,

Jim
    Go to TricLEDusa.com and under products, miscellaneous products, you'll find the "Full size brake pedal for all spyders"... It's $50 but worth it.
    Brian Kay - Kennesaw, GA
    2014 RT-S SM6 Pearl White (KHAOS)
    TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Lights - TricLED Turn Signals - TricLED Side Fender Lights - Airhawk R Seat Pad - Smoothspyder Belt Tensioner - JT's Dash Mount - JT's USB and 12v Power Unit - Stebel 139dB Multi Sound Horn - Lamonster NBV Highway Pegs - BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors - Cal-Sci Stock Extra Wide Windshield - Baja Ron Sway Bar - WrapMySpyder 1330 Triple decals - Ultimate Tallboy Seat - BRP Sat Radio - ELKA Stage 2 Front Shocks

Spyder Garage

Default HIGHWAY PEGS

ISCI Has highway peg kits that mount to the cross members on the 2013 and newer spyders, or you can just buy the brackets and build your own highway pegs.
    they take about a hour to install and can be put on without taking the panels off.

Spyder Garage

Default Highway Pegs

Please Take a look at our highway bracket and foot pegs that we have available. Steel support bracket mounted under your Spyder. Visit our web site for mounting instructions and more pictures.
    Thanks, Mike
    Baker Built
    www.bakerbuilt.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Looking for Pegs with hardware

I have an 2015 RT Limited. I would like to get some hyway pegs for it. just not sure who to go through...dont want to spend an arm and a leg.

Spyder Garage

I have Lamonts "NBV Highway Pegs", and The oversized brake pedal on my RT I use my highway pegs about 90% of the time, with the oversized brake pedal i do not have to take my foot off the pegs to brake, i simply use my heel to apply pressure on the brake pedal ....................... Try it, it works.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer