Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=threefingers2;1103645]
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Whether or not to purchase a bar is completely up to you. But I can say that most dealerships will install a sway bar kit. However, price can vary greatly so it is wise to check that aspect before getting the work done (as with anything else).

1-1.5 hrs. shop labor rate is about the upper limit of what they should charge you.

Congratulations on your 'New' Spyder![/QUOTEHi BajaRon we just got our 2014 RT Limited and the wife and i have taken it out a few times and really noticed the dipping in the corners. I watched a video on how to install your swaybar but i did notice that he took one off to put yours on. What is the differnce between the factory one and yours if you don't mind me asking? Thank you Sir. Craig & Lori
    The Spyder does come with a sway bar from the factory. I've ridden a Spyder with no sway bar and it's pretty comical, to say the least! The install process removes the stock sway bar and replaces it with mine. My bars are made with thicker, stiffer steel giving you more control. This keeps the Spyder flatter in turns and more stable in all conditions. Because of the way a Sway Bar works with the suspension, this is accomplished without giving you a stiff or harsh ride. The ride straight ahead remains unchanged. Visually, it doesn't seem like much of a difference between the 2 bars. But functionally, it can be quite impressive.

I hope this answers your question.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=BajaRon;1103704][QUOTE=threefingers2;1103645]

The Spyder does come with a sway bar from the factory. I've ridden a Spyder with no sway bar and it's pretty comical, to say the least! The install process removes the stock sway bar and replaces it with mine. My bars are made with thicker, stiffer steel giving you more control. This keeps the Spyder flatter in turns and more stable in all conditions. Because of the way a Sway Bar works with the suspension, this is accomplished without giving you a stiff or harsh ride. The ride straight ahead remains unchanged. Visually, it doesn't seem like much of a difference between the 2 bars. But functionally, it can be quite impressive.

I hope this answers your question.[/QUOTEThank you Ron for talking time out of your day to answer my question, and yes it did help.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mail man just showed up with my new bar and shock adjusters. Hope to be turning wrench's early next week on the RTL. Just want to say thanks to Ron for the outstanding service.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I put my Baja Ron's sway bar in myself last fall. I have two artificial knees and NO KNEELING order from my surgeon so any low down work is a PITA to say the least.

That said, it was a fairly simple unbolt and bolt job all the while sitting on my butt beside the bike.

The only problem I had was raising the bike enough to thread the replacement bar in place, before bolting it all back together. Believe me when I say the bike had to have been on at least a 35 degree angle to make it work.

Far more of an angle than any ramp could make it without a bit of "help" with stacked 2x4's placed at exactly the right spot on top of my ramp ...

Far more than I want to attempt again all on my own.

My safety Jack Stands were also at their limit and so I didn't want to spend any more time on my back under the thing than absolutely necessary ...

The result however was nothing short of remarkable. I no longer get the feeling I am about to be bucked off of the thing at every second turn. Truly worth the investment.

Spyder Garage

We just got our 2014 RT and it was the first thing my wife and i noticed was the leaning in the corners , it kind of scared us at first. But i'm wondering when they charge $30,000 plus for a machine why the factory dosn't put the correct one on in the first place? It looks to me that seeing all the things a Spyder owner has to do that the Factory should have made standard is quite alot. Just a newbies observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkreig View Post
    I put my Baja Ron's sway bar in myself last fall. I have two artificial knees and NO KNEELING order from my surgeon so any low down work is a PITA to say the least.

That said, it was a fairly simple unbolt and bolt job all the while sitting on my butt beside the bike.

The only problem I had was raising the bike enough to thread the replacement bar in place, before bolting it all back together. Believe me when I say the bike had to have been on at least a 35 degree angle to make it work.

Far more of an angle than any ramp could make it without a bit of "help" with stacked 2x4's placed at exactly the right spot on top of my ramp ...

Far more than I want to attempt again all on my own.

My safety Jack Stands were also at their limit and so I didn't want to spend any more time on my back under the thing than absolutely necessary ...

The result however was nothing short of remarkable. I no longer get the feeling I am about to be bucked off of the thing at every second turn. Truly worth the investment.