Spyder Garage

Default BahaRon Swaybar Rocks!

Just got back from having the BahaRon Swaybar installed at Power Yamaha with great results. It really is worth it on the 2015 RT-S Special! As a bonus, the dealer told me that the air system on the bike is not working and to schedule an appointment to get it looked at. It is throwing the "MANUAL" code for me, he couldn't get it to do that but he also never heard the system function on his test ride either. We'll schedule that for when the Corbin seat arrives.
    Jack & Carol Jo Stewart
    2015 Spyder RT-S SPECIAL
    TBR Slip On Exhaust
    Corbin Heated Lemonster seat with back rest
    Semi Hard Luggage
    BahaRon Swaybar
    JT's Dash Mount
    TricLED Front Fenders
    XenonDepot LED Headlights

More to follow! Lol

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats..!!

Another happy customer. That bar does make a difference. As for the suspension it is a nagging problem hope they can get that fixed up for you...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Another happy customer

Welcome to the Baha Ron fan club. You made an excellent choice. May you have many curvy miles of smiles.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Burped View Post
    Welcome to the Baha Ron fan club. You made an excellent choice. May you have many curvy miles of smiles.
    PLENTY of turns in the Oregon Cascades!
    Jack & Carol Jo Stewart
    2015 Spyder RT-S SPECIAL
    TBR Slip On Exhaust
    Semi Hard Luggage
    BahaRon Swaybar
    JT's Dash Mount
    TricLED Front Fenders

More to follow! Lol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on being another satisfied customer!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin on, Air Ride fixed.

Got the Corbin Seat installed and Power Yamaha Fixed the Air Ride system as well. Found a bad connection. One side affect is the Headlights were aimed into the ground since the rear is now sitting much higher. Re aimed them. Also noted that the Spyder is not as twitchy with the new ride height. They are apparently Sensitive to that.
    Jack & Carol Jo Stewart
    2015 Spyder RT-S SPECIAL
    TBR Slip On Exhaust
    Semi Hard Luggage
    BahaRon Swaybar
    JT's Dash Mount
    TricLED Front Fenders

More to follow! Lol

Spyder Garage

Default Who is Baha Ron?

Is Baha Ron a relative of Baja Ron?

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Default Baja Ron Sway Bar

We have a 2010 RT-S SE5 with the Elka Stage 5 shocks and Pit Bull's shock locator. Recently we had Baja Ron's sway bar installed and it has improved the ride and stability of our Spyder. Very happy with the addition of this sway bar. You can tell a noticeable difference in how the Spyder handles.

Reese
    Last edited by rcantrell52; 12-21-2015 at 12:22 PM.
    2010 RT-S SE5 Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pampurrs View Post
    Is Baha Ron a relative of Baja Ron?

Pam

3rd cousin on aunt Fannies side

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Smile Will a dealer install Baja Ron's sway bar

Hello, I am a newb. Just purchased a 2012 RT SE 5. I have a disability and not able to install it myself. Wondering if a Spyder dealer will do it and at what cost. And is it advisable to purchase the bar for the 2012 RT?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rukpub View Post
    Hello, I am a newb. Just purchased a 2012 RT SE 5. I have a disability and not able to install it myself. Wondering if a Spyder dealer will do it and at what cost. And is it advisable to purchase the bar for the 2012 RT?
    Whether or not to purchase a bar is completely up to you. But I can say that most dealerships will install a sway bar kit. However, price can vary greatly so it is wise to check that aspect before getting the work done (as with anything else).

1-1.5 hrs. shop labor rate is about the upper limit of what they should charge you.

Congratulations on your 'New' Spyder!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=BajaRon;1101223]Whether or not to purchase a bar is completely up to you. But I can say that most dealerships will install a sway bar kit. However, price can vary greatly so it is wise to check that aspect before getting the work done (as with anything else).

1-1.5 hrs. shop labor rate is about the upper limit of what they should charge you.

Congratulations on your 'New' Spyder![/QUOTEHi BajaRon we just got our 2014 RT Limited and the wife and i have taken it out a few times and really noticed the dipping in the corners. I watched a video on how to install your swaybar but i did notice that he took one off to put yours on. What is the differnce between the factory one and yours if you don't mind me asking? Thank you Sir. Craig & Lori

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=threefingers2;1103645]
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Whether or not to purchase a bar is completely up to you. But I can say that most dealerships will install a sway bar kit. However, price can vary greatly so it is wise to check that aspect before getting the work done (as with anything else).

Congratulations on your 'New' Spyder![/QUOTEHi BajaRon we just got our 2014 RT Limited and the wife and i have taken it out a few times and really noticed the dipping in the corners. I watched a video on how to install your swaybar but i did notice that he took one off to put yours on. What is the differnce between the factory one and yours if you don't mind me asking? Thank you Sir. Craig & Lori
    The Spyder does come with a sway bar from the factory. I've ridden a Spyder with no sway bar and it's pretty comical, to say the least! The install process removes the stock sway bar and replaces it with mine. My bars are made with thicker, stiffer steel giving you more control. This keeps the Spyder flatter in turns and more stable in all conditions. Because of the way a Sway Bar works with the suspension, this is accomplished without giving you a stiff or harsh ride. The ride straight ahead remains unchanged. Visually, it doesn't seem like much of a difference between the 2 bars. But functionally, it can be quite impressive.

I hope this answers your question.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=BajaRon;1103704][QUOTE=threefingers2;1103645]

The Spyder does come with a sway bar from the factory. I've ridden a Spyder with no sway bar and it's pretty comical, to say the least! The install process removes the stock sway bar and replaces it with mine. My bars are made with thicker, stiffer steel giving you more control. This keeps the Spyder flatter in turns and more stable in all conditions. Because of the way a Sway Bar works with the suspension, this is accomplished without giving you a stiff or harsh ride. The ride straight ahead remains unchanged. Visually, it doesn't seem like much of a difference between the 2 bars. But functionally, it can be quite impressive.

I hope this answers your question.[/QUOTEThank you Ron for talking time out of your day to answer my question, and yes it did help.

Spyder Garage

Mail man just showed up with my new bar and shock adjusters. Hope to be turning wrench's early next week on the RTL. Just want to say thanks to Ron for the outstanding service.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I put my Baja Ron's sway bar in myself last fall. I have two artificial knees and NO KNEELING order from my surgeon so any low down work is a PITA to say the least.

That said, it was a fairly simple unbolt and bolt job all the while sitting on my butt beside the bike.

The only problem I had was raising the bike enough to thread the replacement bar in place, before bolting it all back together. Believe me when I say the bike had to have been on at least a 35 degree angle to make it work.

Far more of an angle than any ramp could make it without a bit of "help" with stacked 2x4's placed at exactly the right spot on top of my ramp ...

Far more than I want to attempt again all on my own.

My safety Jack Stands were also at their limit and so I didn't want to spend any more time on my back under the thing than absolutely necessary ...

The result however was nothing short of remarkable. I no longer get the feeling I am about to be bucked off of the thing at every second turn. Truly worth the investment.

Spyder Garage

We just got our 2014 RT and it was the first thing my wife and i noticed was the leaning in the corners , it kind of scared us at first. But i'm wondering when they charge $30,000 plus for a machine why the factory dosn't put the correct one on in the first place? It looks to me that seeing all the things a Spyder owner has to do that the Factory should have made standard is quite alot. Just a newbies observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkreig View Post
    I put my Baja Ron's sway bar in myself last fall. I have two artificial knees and NO KNEELING order from my surgeon so any low down work is a PITA to say the least.

That said, it was a fairly simple unbolt and bolt job all the while sitting on my butt beside the bike.

The only problem I had was raising the bike enough to thread the replacement bar in place, before bolting it all back together. Believe me when I say the bike had to have been on at least a 35 degree angle to make it work.

Far more of an angle than any ramp could make it without a bit of "help" with stacked 2x4's placed at exactly the right spot on top of my ramp ...

Far more than I want to attempt again all on my own.

My safety Jack Stands were also at their limit and so I didn't want to spend any more time on my back under the thing than absolutely necessary ...

The result however was nothing short of remarkable. I no longer get the feeling I am about to be bucked off of the thing at every second turn. Truly worth the investment.