Spyder Garage

Default New wiring Harness Needed

Purchased my F3 in Aug. Day 1 after riding about 15 miles and fueling up it was running rough and check engine kept flashing. After sitting about 30 minutes everything was fine and I rode for hours. About 500 miles later in NY at SpyderQuest it happened again. I made it back to the hotel and trailered home. It would run on 3 cylinders then 2 and check engine kept flashing. At home dealer found a loose wire on injector 3. All went well until 500 miles later at Spyders In The Smokeys and it started again. It kept going from 3 to 2 cylinders and then by the time we got home it was totally on 2. Took it to Mountain Motorsports in Kodak, Tn. They tried a new ECM, new injector, loose wires, etc. Nothing worked so BRP said do a new Wiring Harness. That was the fix! Picked it up today and it is running great. Love my F3 and my dealer and BRP didn't let me down. Ignore pictures tried to delete them. Sorry!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Barbwire; 11-21-2015 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Attachments are wrong
    Never accept "no" from someone who does not have the authority to say "yes".

Spyder Garage

So there are other 'good outcome' stories out there!! It often seems all we get to see is the bad stuff!! Even if it started out not so great, I'm glad your story (so far) ended well, now you can get out there & keep on racking up the miles'n'smiles!!

Dunno why you'd want to delete the pics, they look fine down here in Austraya... Altho admittedly the 2on the right are heading north, but almost everywhere's North from here, so no biggie!?

(I'm told they load here like that cos you took them on your telephone with the 'phone on its side or upside down, & you didn't rotate them to 'upright' before loading them. )

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool There ya go, Barb!

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Thanks for fixing my pictures!
    Never accept "no" from someone who does not have the authority to say "yes".

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks..!!

Thanks for the follow up. Aways good to hear the rest of the story... glad they took care of it for you and for hangging in there. Now enjoy your ryde..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black