Spyder Garage

Default Rifle windshields owners

I've read a lot of good things about the CalSci windshields and how they perform. I have read very little though on the Rifle windshield being used by Spyder riders. Are there any Spyder riders out there that have a Rifle windshield installed (or had a Rifle) installed that would like to share how the performance of this shield works? I'd like to know your height and the height of the shield that you use. I'm torn between the CalSci and Rifle shields on which one to get. I'm 5' 6.5" tall, would like to look over (not through) the shield. So any Spyder riders that have or have had a Rifle shield please share your experience with it. TIA

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    I've read a lot of good things about the CalSci windshields and how they perform. I have read very little though on the Rifle windshield being used by Spyder riders. Are there any Spyder riders out there that have a Rifle windshield installed (or had a Rifle) installed that would like to share how the performance of this shield works? I'd like to know your height and the height of the shield that you use. I'm torn between the CalSci and Rifle shields on which one to get. I'm 5' 6.5" tall, would like to look over (not through) the shield. So any Spyder riders that have or have had a Rifle shield please share your experience with it. TIA
    I went from CalSI to Rifle.. Not because it was bad,, but it didn't have the height I wanted.. Calsi is a great shield.
    The Rifle I had them extend the height, (custom) for me and it now does what I expect.
    I am 6'2", have to sit up straight due to back and hip problems, To give you an idea how high my Rifle is, measure from the ignition key straight up to 193/4 inches..
    Hope this helps.

Spyder Garage

Thanks effgjamis for your insight. Looks as though not many, if any, spyder riders are using the Rifle shield. I know that Rifle was a later comer into the spyder market so that may be the reason there not widely used as yet. At 5' 6.5" I'm looking at the CalSci Med or the Rifle 14" or 15 1/2" shield. Still a toss up for me. Again, thanks for responding.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm 5-10 and use the calsci large, wouldn't want it any shorter, another inch taller would be nice. I can easily see over it. I also don't like windshields you have to look through. Got caught in a storm on the Blue Ridge Parkway a few years back, riding on 6000 ft mountains, on a H-D Hertiage Classic, had to keep looking around shield to see where I was going, then could only see 30 to 40 ft. When I got home I had the shield cut down.

Wayne