Spyder Garage

Default New 2015 RT is finally here - thanks Imotorsports

Finally got my new 2015 RT from imotorsports last night. Pearl White. comes close to matching my Yamaha. Seems like perfect condition so far (was night when it delivered), but no issues with it i could see so far. SOO much more comfortable than my 08 GS. So far very glad i updated. One thing that cracks me up is they put the rubber stopper in the front trunk while having the wires to put the 12v plug already there. I bet the rubber stopper cost as much as the plug so why not just put it in? Anyway i had already bought one and got that installed in 5 minutes just reaching my hand through the battery box to put the nut on. Will need something up front to keep stuff from just rattling around on the plastic. I had already bought the hapnel rear trunk bags and put those in too, for now i just need to raise the passenger floor boards and im ready to roll. I was going to install the battery tender cable tonight but thinking the 12v plug is there can i just charge through that or because its on the keyswitch it wont work right?

Hats off to Imotorsports and Jason. Dealt with all my constant emails and questions and not only had a good price on it but gave me a good amount for my trade in which the same driver took back to them in IL all at no cost. The only test that remains is at the DMV and seeing if there is any problems getting it registered. Unfortunately i have to go out of town for work tomorrow but will be taking it on a good test ride this weekend for sure as the temp is supposed to be 80.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats!

Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You're gonna LOVE it!
    (Don't forget to brush your teeth after each ride!)

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Glad we can help another out of state customer! Jason is great to work with, but hey our whole staff is.

I got to your PM a little late due to being out of town but Jason already had it under control.

As far as registration, the 1330 engines are 50 state legal there is no Cali model.

Haider
    BRP parts discount to all Spyderlovers members!

Free delivery for new Spyders to the lower 48!
    http://www.imotorsportsinc.com
    sales@imotorsportsinc.com

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations..!!

Nice color..congrats on the new ryde.. let the miles of smiles and rock star magic begin...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Great choice in ,I traded my '11RS for the same Pearl White '15 RT on May 1st,LOVE IT,My wife having a smoke a '14 RTL and we sold our cars,so we ryde everyday!
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

on your new The "classy" color.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Hmmmmm

Sent Jason email 2 days ago no response

Must be Busy !!!

Spyder Garage

Default wel....

Well i might have been a little early in heaping on massive praise to imotorsports. Dont get me wrong they did give me a good deal and the bike arrived in great shape. Couple issues i ran into though. The DMV insisted on an inspection both there and at the CHP (not sure if this is for CA only or all states do this for out of state bikes). Finding the engine # was the hardest part but i called imotorsports and they crawled up under one and told me where to crawl to see it (Vin # was easier). If your inspector is an ahole and wont either crawl under with a flashlight or let you crawl under and read the number then your in trouble because you would have to remove all the side panels. Luckily my inspector was a little older so he let me crawl up under and read it to him then crawled under himself just so he could see the plate. Then i had to take it to CHP for inspection which took about 3 minutes. DMV would not accept the emailed copy of the odometer reading from the dealer so i had to mail the dealer a new form to fill out and sign in ink as an original and send it back to me. Now that i have all that i should be able to return to the DMV and get the registration completed. They should make sure and inform everyone of the couple extra steps you have to take when purchasing out of state (at least in CA). The only thing that was NOT an issue was the emissions as they were correct that all 2015 RT meet CA emission standards. Also imotorsports assured me that i would only have to pay tax minus my trade in amount, of course CA is one of 5 states that dont allow that so i had to drop an extra 435$ i was not expecting in tax. While that probably would not have stopped me from making the deal i think they should be aware of the regulations and not give incorrect information. I dont think it was intentional at all just lack of knowledge. All in all i would have still gone through with it because it was easy and again they gave me a great price on my trade. They also offered to sell me the extended warranty at cost to make up for the time and money spent i was not prepared for. So in summary i would still recommend them and do it again, just maybe drop their rating to 4 stars instead of 5. Assuming of course registration is completed on wed. Will let you know lol. Meanwhile here are some more pictures of it on the actual road (angeles crest highway)
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YOU WERE WARNED

Quote Originally Posted by latony007 View Post
    Well i might have been a little early in heaping on massive praise to imotorsports. Dont get me wrong they did give me a good deal and the bike arrived in great shape. Couple issues i ran into though. The DMV insisted on an inspection both there and at the CHP (not sure if this is for CA only or all states do this for out of state bikes). Finding the engine # was the hardest part but i called imotorsports and they crawled up under one and told me where to crawl to see it (Vin # was easier). If your inspector is an ahole and wont either crawl under with a flashlight or let you crawl under and read the number then your in trouble because you would have to remove all the side panels. Luckily my inspector was a little older so he let me crawl up under and read it to him then crawled under himself just so he could see the plate. Then i had to take it to CHP for inspection which took about 3 minutes. DMV would not accept the emailed copy of the odometer reading from the dealer so i had to mail the dealer a new form to fill out and sign in ink as an original and send it back to me. Now that i have all that i should be able to return to the DMV and get the registration completed. They should make sure and inform everyone of the couple extra steps you have to take when purchasing out of state (at least in CA). The only thing that was NOT an issue was the emissions as they were correct that all 2015 RT meet CA emission standards. Also imotorsports assured me that i would only have to pay tax minus my trade in amount, of course CA is one of 5 states that dont allow that so i had to drop an extra 435$ i was not expecting in tax. While that probably would not have stopped me from making the deal i think they should be aware of the regulations and not give incorrect information. I dont think it was intentional at all just lack of knowledge. All in all i would have still gone through with it because it was easy and again they gave me a great price on my trade. They also offered to sell me the extended warranty at cost to make up for the time and money spent i was not prepared for. So in summary i would still recommend them and do it again, just maybe drop their rating to 4 stars instead of 5. Assuming of course registration is completed on wed. Will let you know lol. Meanwhile here are some more pictures of it on the actual road (angeles crest highway)
    Way back when you said you were doing a deal with IMotorsports , I told you CALIFORNIA had some very different rules about registrations for out of state purchases...........IMHO IMotorsports has absolutely gone the extra mile for you and then some ......the problem is not with them it's with .....CALIFORNIA.....and you just happen to live there....If your DMV is breaking your B*LLS it's not IMotorsports that is to blame.......I bought a Spyder in Illinois and registered it in Vermont and had NO PROBLEMS... I am sorry you had problems, but I don't think it's fair to lay it on IMotorsports........just sayin.......Mike

Spyder Garage

You have to do the same thing here in AZ for all out of state vehicles.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default out of state woes

every state has different laws to confuse the public , but its still better here than anywhere else in the world and I covered a lot of it.
    I bought a 2014 RT in Tennessee and registered her in Illinois [ where two of our governors are in prison] and had no hassle whatsoever. very unusual
    got a ticket for 94 mph in a 70 zone in Ky at midnight bringing her home, but that is totally irrelevant to this post, but it makes for a god story
    Andy
    My wife and I circumnavigated the globe on our trimaran sailboat, gone 8 years
    Cushman Eagle, 1954 Corvette, 1964 Corvette with Duntov cam, 1996 Corvette, Chrysler 300 Hemi,
    2003 1800 Gold Wing with Hannigan sidecar
    2014 Spyder RT
    IBA41956
    DS446

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Way back when you said you were doing a deal with IMotorsports , I told you CALIFORNIA had some very different rules about registrations for out of state purchases...........IMHO IMotorsports has absolutely gone the extra mile for you and then some ......the problem is not with them it's with .....CALIFORNIA.....and you just happen to live there....If your DMV is breaking your B*LLS it's not IMotorsports that is to blame.......I bought a Spyder in Illinois and registered it in Vermont and had NO PROBLEMS... I am sorry you had problems, but I don't think it's fair to lay it on IMotorsports........just sayin.......Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I was not blaming Imotorsports for California BS in any way. Im just saying they should have told me what to expect since they told me they have sold several spyders out here just recently. They told me as fact there would be nothing required to register but the two papers they sent me and assured me no tax on the trade. Maybe none of their CA sales have traded in anything so they werent aware of the tax law but everyone has to do the inspections. I dont think it would have stopped me from going through with it i just would have known better what i was getting into. Anyway i hope its all over with come wed so wish me luck!
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

Crazy hoops you had to jump through but
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up iMotorsports experience

I am very happy with our used 2014 RT Limited we purchased from iMotorsports. They did a nice job with delivery. The problem I had had to do with a delay in getting the title and then the state of NC wanted the paperwork notarized by iMotorsports. Not sure if was my county or something else. Bottom line, make sure all the paperwork has all the "i"s dotted and the "t"s crossed. Paperwork can be a bear. But loooove the RT! Very happy and would do it again due to the good price, the condition and the delivery service.
    Greg Gorgone
    Franklin, TN
    gpg28712@gmail.com
    828-708-2681

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default iMotorsports experience

I purchased my 2015 RTL from Jason at iMotorsports, he and they were GREAT to deal with!! I had no problem because MI is one state that IL can collect taxes for.
    Jason was very sharp on information on the Spyder. I had done a lot of research about the Spyder and this site was a great resource. It amazed me that so many salesman new so little about what they were selling compared to the info available here. Jason showed me things that I had not found out yet, like the frunk opening with the bike running, or shut off, the breakaway floorboard, and the fact that the glove box locks.
    I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    I purchased my 2015 RTL from Jason at iMotorsports, he and they were GREAT to deal with!! I had no problem because MI is one state that IL can collect taxes for.
    Jason was very sharp on information on the Spyder. I had done a lot of research about the Spyder and this site was a great resource. It amazed me that so many salesman new so little about what they were selling compared to the info available here. Jason showed me things that I had not found out yet, like the frunk opening with the bike running, or shut off, the breakaway floorboard, and the fact that the glove box locks.
    I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.
    wait the glovebox locks? He didnt mention that to me, how? what is a breakaway floorboard and why would i want to break it. i did know about how to open the trunk with it running at least!. i do miss the electronic open button they used to have on the RT though.
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

Update: Registration complete! i am excited. They actually tried to give me a problem because the odometer statement said zero and they are like, we cant put in zero. Let me go ask my manager if i can put in 1. After what seemed like a forever wait she comes back and is like well.... they wont let me put in 1, however if this paper were to say 10 on it i could go ahead. I whisked the paper out of her hand, wrote a 1 in front of the zero and said look, it does say 10. She said good enough for me and completed the registration and gave me plates. Yay i am now legal in CA!

I still want to know how you lock the glovebox though
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats

Glad your legal now!

i beleive if you turn the handlebar all the way to the left you can then turn the key to a different position prior to removing it and it will lock the glove box. I discovered quickly that was a giant pain and I just keep items I need to take out in there.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I was not blaming Imotorsports for California BS in any way. Im just saying they should have told me what to expect since they told me they have sold several spyders out here just recently. They told me as fact there would be nothing required to register but the two papers they sent me and assured me no tax on the trade. Maybe none of their CA sales have traded in anything so they werent aware of the tax law but everyone has to do the inspections. I dont think it would have stopped me from going through with it i just would have known better what i was getting into. Anyway i hope its all over with come wed so wish me luck!
    Not sure why it would be Imotorsports job to warn about registering a bike in another state. Nothing you wrote seems to be their fault. You do have a nice ryde though. Relax and enjoy that thing.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

If you turn the handlebars all of the way to the right or left and the key to the left, you will lock the steering and glove box.