Spyder Garage

Default 2013 RT-S 'heat' recall complete, & damage to left panel next to new intake...

Overall, I'm known as a very happy Spyder owner - 7 years+ and counting, with about 93,000 miles logged.
    Got my Spyder back last Wednesday with the recall work and other work completed.
    I'm digging the new air scoops! It runs great, and I'm waiting to experience a little better mileage, as well.
    But; after cleaning it up, I noticed around 6 dings below the left scoop. Looks like the saw they used danced on the panel while they were enlarging the hole.
    I've already notified the dealer. This is kind of obvious. They will replace the panel or whatever it takes to make it right.

Things happen.
    - Greg

2013 RT-S Circuit Yellow Metallic

Previously owned...

2008 Spyder GS (Full Moon) 32,800 miles
    2011 Spyder RS-S (Magnesium/Black) 31,230 miles

Spyder Garage

Nice to see you're still around and riding the Spyder. Haven't seen you post for quite awhile.
    Hope they get you taken care of.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

Default Good dealer....

glad they're owning up and making it right. To bad the tech didn't or they would have replaced it before they returned it to you... things do happen....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Arm View Post
    Nice to see you're still around and riding the Spyder. Haven't seen you post for quite awhile.
    Hope they get you taken care of.
    Indeed!
    I really don't like finding these things a day later. Nobody does. But; I called them on Friday to let them know. So; it's up to them to make it right. Sure. That means another trip back to the shop! At least; it's the time of year when I'm not riding as much as usual. But; still an inconvience.
    It's pretty bad that when each time you visit the dealer, you hold your breath hoping they don't screw something up.
    - Greg

Previously owned...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    glad they're owning up and making it right. To bad the tech didn't or they would have replaced it before they returned it to you... things do happen....
    Yeah! Head banging, for sure! They haven't actually owned up as of yet. After my call in, I did send a couple of photos, though. But; I'm sure they realize they did, in fact, mess up. Why they didn't let me know when it happened is beyond me. They know me, and know full well that if something isn't right, I'll know.
    - Greg

Previously owned...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Greg H. View Post
    Yeah! Head banging, for sure! They haven't actually owned up as of yet. After my call in, I did send a couple of photos, though. But; I'm sure they realize they did, in fact, mess up. Why they didn't let me know when it happened is beyond me. They know me, and know full well that if something isn't right, I'll know.

Good Luck with you're buddy down there. Sales guys are good. Service guys .... well ... mmmm ....uhhhhhh .... mmmmm ... momma said if you can't say something nice then don't say nothing at all. momma was right.

Hope they get it resolved for you soon.
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that they're stepping up to the plate on this one...

And I STILL dig your avatar!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Just curious as to what dealership did the work for you. If you don't want to post it here just send me an PM. I use the one here in Memphis and they seem to be honest people. Had a Triumph before the Spyder and always treated me fair. Glad they are going to correct the situation.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting about the fix. Most seem very happy with the results on the 2013's. Also good to hear a dealer willing to step up to the plate, admit to an error, and then fix it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I spoke to my dealer yesterday, and they do have a new body panel on order.
    - Greg

Previously owned...

Spyder Garage

Greg, as we've discussed, it sucks that they did that, and didn't correct it before returning it to you. That aside, however, I am really looking forward to your first "shakedown cruise" and your comments regarding the way your Spyder runs, post-recall.

You know my experiences, and I want to see if yours are similar - my MPG improved, dramatically, and my 2013 RT LTD runs like a different machine, BRP really hit a homerun on this fix, as far as I am concerned.

Even though it won't be until 2017, I am really looking forward to our "Ryde to Wichita!" It is going to be a great time!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Good morning, Dan.
    I know what you mean. Like you mentioned; the very thing happened with a few others when getting the recall done. The service manager told me yesterday, that cutting those body panels was tough. I told him; I sure wouldn't have wanted to attempt it. Ha!
    Looks like this Saturday, I'll get some miles logged. Weather looks to be in the lower 60s! Maybe, I can get 100 or more miles in. Yay!
    Very much looking forward to the Kansas ride, as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    Greg, as we've discussed, it sucks that they did that, and didn't correct it before returning it to you. That aside, however, I am really looking forward to your first "shakedown cruise" and your comments regarding the way your Spyder runs, post-recall.

You know my experiences, and I want to see if yours are similar - my MPG improved, dramatically, and my 2013 RT LTD runs like a different machine, BRP really hit a homerun on this fix, as far as I am concerned.

Even though it won't be until 2017, I am really looking forward to our "Ryde to Wichita!" It is going to be a great time!
    - Greg

Previously owned...