Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Spyders in the Ozarks

Lamont we would love to come...We would love to see it happening in early or mid September because we would be coming from Canada....It would be nice to have it for three days....Thursday , Friday and Saturday....Looking forward to more info as it comes together....

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder in the Ozarks

Great idea. We vote for Thurs, Fri, Sat.. Us and some of our TN friends are planning to attend Red Rock Spyder Rally in Utah Sept. 27 thru 30. It would be great to be able to stop in the Ozarks on the way to or from. May be called convenient for others as well. Just my .02
    Never saw a hearse with a trailer hitch!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Great idea I would be more inclined for a three day event. It makes travel easier to justify than two days

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Since moving here to Springfield MO I've never been able to pull-off a Lamonster BBQ like I did in East TN. I think I had about 350 or so Spyders and fed over 600 at the last BBQ I had at my place in TN. This was all done free of charge and we paid for the meal from your donations. It worked out just fine every year, sometimes to the dollar.

I had some people contact me about taking over and promoting Spyders in the Smokies but to be honest it needs to be run by someone local. The original Spyders In the Smokies was run by Marc Pukos from SpyderTalk and it was always a struggle for him living in New York. I don't want to face the same challenges even know I know and love the area and could probably pull it off, just not as good as it deserves.

So after living here for a couple years now I've learned that the riding here is amazing! I loved riding in East TN and it does have some iconic roads but don't count out Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas. Joan and I have some favorite rides we like to do and they can take all day or just a few hours depending on how much time we have to play. We would love to share these rides with you all. This would be a different format than Spyderfest and I'm looking to have it in the beginning of September.
    http://motorcycleozarks.com/

The plans are to find a host hotel where we can setup the vendors for free. If I can't do that there are other options I can look into. I haven't talked to too many folks about this yet but I did talk to Spyderpops and Pitbull and they are in. I'll contact some of the good Spyder vendors and see if they can make it too. The plan is a no cost event with plenty of self-guided rides and a place to hang out with vendors to support your farkle needs. I've contacted a BBQ guy that has the best BBQ I've ever had in Springfield and he's game too. I do know some of the vendors want to ride too so it won't be all work and no play.

This is not a replacement for Spyderfest in any way. Keep your expectations low and you'll be fine. This isn't an event like Spyderfest, it's more like a friendly get together of riders like it was at my BBQ. The vendors are a sideline to the fellowship and the riding and of course the food.

So here are my questions for you all.

I'm thinking somewhere around the first of September but I can adjust either way. September is some of the best weather for riding here I'm told.
    UPDATE- or October seeing this has the popular vote right now
    Should this be a two or three day event?
    What days would work best for those who would like to come?
    Thursday/Friday?
    Friday/Saturday?
    Thursday/Friday/Saturday?

So what do you guys think? Are you in?
    Love the Ozarks!! I'm in for Sept OR Oct!! I can do either days.....I like the 3 day option!

Spyder Garage

Three days sounds like a good idea and early October to take advantage of the fall colors!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Default Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Mid October as I would luv to ryde the fall colors. Early Sept ok but not as "enticing ". 3 days. Yep keep it simple for you as well as ryders!!
    I agree 3 days for those that come further. Middle of sept. Or early oct.

Might not be good around labor day though with all that traffic.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would prefer early to middle September or mid to late October as we are having the inagural Red Rock Spyder Rally in St. George, UT on the 27th through the 30th of September.

We will be there as long as it doesn't conflict with the Red Rock Rally.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default Colors

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Mid October as I would luv to ryde the fall colors. Early Sept ok but not as "enticing ". 3 days. Yep keep it simple for you as well as ryders!!
    We--Missouri-- didn't get the colors until the last week of October this year.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm with Anne. I'll be there as long as it doesn't conflict with Red Rocks or Twisted Sisters.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Looks like the dates are narrowing. Same here as long as it doesn't conflict with the Red Rock Spyder Rally.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default Spyders in the Ozarks....here we come

[QUOTE=murphybrown;1061165]Mid October as I would luv to ryde the fall colors. Early Sept ok but not as "enticing ". 3 days. Yep keep it simple for you as well as ryders!![/QUOTE

Late September gets our vote and Thursday, Friday Saturday sounds good to us. Although we'd probably come earlier and make a week out of the trip as it's not next door for us. Having been to a few of the Lamonster BBQs in the past we would look forward to the BBQ in the new venue

Spyder Garage

Cathyjo and I will be there.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a great idea. My vote would be three day, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Last week of Sept or first week of October. I'd drive that far for great bar b que
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I'd love to come over from Australia for one of the Spyder Owners events and this could be a great one to do it. I would have to source renting a Spyder for a week to enable participation.

So I'll keep an eye on the progress of this event, look for accommodation in the area etc etc etc.

Cheers

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After Labor Day to early Oct. We wouldn't do the Sisters or SW Utah, although both are great riding areas based on personal experience. We would likely ride more days than just the day of the BBQ. We enjoyed the format in TN but didn't really dig the high humidity and heat. There are great roads in MO and AR (AR/MO 125, MO 19)are just sweet to ride. Someone mentioned AR 7-another great road. Alphabet roads abound. You know all of this, but maybe some of the others don't.

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by noboot View Post
    I'd love to come over from Australia for one of the Spyder Owners events and this could be a great one to do it. I would have to source renting a Spyder for a week to enable participation.

So I'll keep an eye on the progress of this event, look for accommodation in the area etc etc etc.

Cheers
    Australia, dang!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Open to what happens. I will attend unless harvest gets in the way. As many know, that is a moving target depending on the weather.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would love to see the famous Lamont's BBQ return to the schedule. Always enjoyed the ones in Tennessee. I think 3 days would be good and am open to anything after Labor Day.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Default I'm In

End of September or first of October would be great. Thursday, Friday, Saturday sounds great so we can get some good rides in. 3,000 mile round trip for me and wife so I want to make it worth the trip, see the area and meet some new riders/friends. Looking forward to updated information. Let us now when and how to make donations to the event.
    Current Modes of Transportation:
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT LTD / Pearl White
    2014 Can Cam Commander 1000 Side X Side / Yellow and Black
    2007 Kawasaki Nomad Cruiser 1600 / Black with lots of Chrome
    2006 Ford F-150 Bronze and Chrome
    2014 ASICS Gel-Nimbus Running Shoes / Blue and White

Spyder Garage

3wheels so 3days. Also gives bugger window for anyone a state or two away to still catch some event. Vendors handy but 1in demand would be the laser alignments. Bbq contest
    maybe?. Im game by all means

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Spyders In The Ozarks - Need your input

We stayed at The Hub Motorcycle Resort about half way between Jasper and Harrison, AR off of Route 7 the middle of October this year. If you want an area that is close to good riding and has lots of room for camping, motel, and huge parking area, this is it. You can google it and check out the owners who are very nice people and go out of their way to make everyone feel welcome. It was a beautiful time of the year to be in the area with the fall colors. I would suggest at least two days and if people can stay longer, that's great. This is centrally located to all the wonderful roads around Harrison, Jasper, Mountain View, Eureka Springs, and Branson. Thanks. Terry
    2015 RT LTD , Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My vote is for 3 days either before, or preferably after, Red Rocks but no later than the second weekend in October. Those who travel to the Northwest have to cross the Rockies and crossing them starts to get real iffy after mid-October. Last year on my way home after the BBQ at the Lamonster garage I had to wait a day in Denver for snow to clear off of I-70 over the Rockies.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default BBQ

I'm in provided my work schedule cooperates.
    3 days please.
    Keep me advised of CAMPING opportunities in the area.
    Cheers,
    David C.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Lamonster;1061086]Since moving here to Springfield MO I've never been able to pull-off a Lamonster BBQ like I did in East TN. I think I had about 350 or so Spyders and fed over 600 at the last BBQ I had at my place in TN. This was all done free of charge and we paid for the meal from your donations. It worked out just fine every year, sometimes to the dollar.

I had some people contact me about taking over and promoting Spyders in the Smokies but to be honest it needs to be run by someone local. The original Spyders In the Smokies was run by Marc Pukos from SpyderTalk and it was always a struggle for him living in New York. I don't want to face the same challenges even though I know and love the area and could probably pull it off, just not as good as it deserves.

So after living here for a couple years now I've learned that the riding here is amazing! I loved riding in East TN and it does have some iconic roads but don't count out Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas. Joan and I have some favorite rides we like to do and they can take all day or just a few hours depending on how much time we have to play. We would love to share these rides with you all. This would be a different format than Spyderfest and I'm looking to have it in the September/October timeline.
    http://motorcycleozarks.com/

The plans are to find a host hotel where we can setup the vendors for free. If I can't do that there are other options I can look into. I haven't talked to too many folks about this yet but I did talk to Spyderpops and Pitbull and they are in. I'll contact some of the good Spyder vendors and see if they can make it too. The plan is a no cost event with plenty of self-guided rides and a place to hang out with vendors to support your farkle needs. I've contacted a BBQ guy that has the best BBQ I've ever had in Springfield and he's game too. I do know some of the vendors want to ride too so it won't be all work and no play.

This is not a replacement for Spyderfest in any way. Keep your expectations low and you'll be fine. This isn't an event like Spyderfest, it's more like a friendly get together of riders like it was at my BBQ. The vendors are a sideline to the fellowship and the riding and of course the food.

So here are my questions for you all.

I'm thinking somewhere around the first of September but I can adjust either way. September is some of the best weather for riding here I'm told.
    UPDATE- or October seeing this has the popular vote right now
    Should this be a two or three day event?
    What days would work best for those who would like to come?
    Thursday/Friday?
    Friday/Saturday?
    Thursday/Friday/Saturday?

So what do you guys think? Are you in?

I love the idea but unfortunately September is football season and I have my priorities with my Huskers??????
    BIG F

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I would like to see it early September and a 3 day event. Been to your BBQ.s in Tennessee and really enjoyed it.. I think the vendors are a great idea for those of us that want to add extra's to our Spyders