Thread: Hay Colorado

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Hay Colorado

Is any one out there going to do the Children's Hospital Toy run it's Dec 6 you have to get registered at any Denver area Harley as they are the major sponsor jtpollock

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don’t think there is a "Spyder" group organized to go. But you can join the Colorado Spyder Riders Meetup site if you haven’t already and organize a trip.

http://www.meetup.com/Colorado-Spyder-Ryders

I went one year and decided not ever to go again. They put you in a staging area for over an hour and then organize groups of about 40 to be release at a time. There were thousands of bikes and when all those Harley's fired up it was very toxic.
    Last edited by Tazzel; 11-18-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    I don’t think there is a "Spyder" group organized to go. But you can join the Colorado Spyder Riders Meetup site if you haven’t already and organize a trip.

http://www.meetup.com/Colorado-Spyder-Ryders

I went one year and decided not ever to go again. They put you in a staging area for over an hour and then organize groups of about 40 to be release at a time. There were thousands of bikes and when all those Haley's fired up it was quite toxic.

Thanks for your comment BUT this is one of the best organized Toy run I have ever done and one of the safest.
    I can not access the meetup site from my office computer and by the time I get home I don't want to be on the Computer........

Back to the Toy run it's a great cause it's fun and how doesn't want to ride in December I have never hade a bad time, Oh Ya my first toy run is where I meet Ann and her husband and is one of the reasons I joined the meetup group. The reason I use this site is the Name says it all SPYDERLOVERS what else can you say!!!!!
    The ride is for fun the toys are for the KID'S jtpollock

Colorado needs just a little more of what they have in Mo like PITBULL and LAMONSTER GARAGE the dealership is OUTSTANDING.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Never said it was not a good cause or that it was not safe. Just saying to be prepared to be trapped in a staging area with no way out, no bathrooms and a lot of exhaust fumes for up to 2 hours

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Toy run

Well Sunday morning 6:00am 25 Degrees it's going to be a cold ride to get to the Park just a short ride down the highway 40 miles. Stopped to get a bite before heading to the park opining at 8:00 I was in the second row.

Remembering that this is sponsored by Harley I could not believe all the different motorcycle, choppers bikes with sidecars standard trikes from Harley and Honda I was only able to find two other Spyder's Not a very good showing from the Colorado Spyder Ryder's.

The bikes were parked 7 deep from the row behind me all the way around the park, besides getting to ride on a Sunday in December was to looks on the kids faces when we pulled in at the Hospital... What a DAY jtpollock.

Spyder Garage

I was invited to go by another Spyder Ryder but being -8 in the mornings when I'd have to leave and 5" of snow on the ground.........that's just a little too much for me to get on and ride.. I think my riding is over until Spring..

Be safe..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amusher View Post
    I was invited to go by another Spyder Ryder but being -8 in the mornings when I'd have to leave and 5" of snow on the ground.........that's just a little too much for me to get on and ride.. I think my riding is over until Spring..

Be safe..
    Ya that's a little beyond my safety zone... I will ride down to 17 but after that It's the car and I don't ride in the snow if I can help it. Maybe see ya on the road Happy Holidays Always ride Safe jtpollock