Spyder Garage

Default New York State Finger Lakes Region - Lodging Recommendations?

There is a possibility that a group of us will be heading up to the New York Finger Lakes region in 2016 to spend a few days ryding the area. Can anyone here recommend places we could stay that would be a good hub for multiple rydes, so we aren't packing up and changing hotels everyday?

Thanks

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hello fellow NY Spyder riders,
    This is BigSmoke from Norwalk Connecticut,
    The finger lakes has been on my bucket list for a long time.
    If it's at all possible can you include me in the group for this ride.
    Would love to join the group.

Mike

Spyder Garage

You may want to PM "Upstater" he is up in the Finger Lake region and we are also planning a spring ride with him. He should have some helpful info for you.
    Maybe we can make it a nice event and all get together when you come our way.

Link: http://www.fingerlakes.org/things-to-do/events
    Last edited by FieldTester; 11-13-2015 at 05:03 PM.
    2016 RT Special & 2017 RTS Pearl
    CATSKILLS SPYDER RIDERS - ADM

www.catskillsspyderryders.com & www.facebook.com/groups/catskillsspyderryders

[/url]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    There is a possibility that a group of us will be heading up to the New York Finger Lakes region in 2016 to spend a few days ryding the area. Can anyone here recommend places we could stay that would be a good hub for multiple rydes, so we aren't packing up and changing hotels everyday?

Thanks
    I can't be much help on hotels, although when I do stay in a hotel I usually stay in the Horseheads, Elmira, Bath area. You will have to make reservations early as they fill quick. There are a couple of rides in July in that area. Check out "TroopRide", which is usually the last Sat. in July, rooms are real hard to get then. Also a ride "Route 38 Tribute ride" around the middle of July last year, don't think it takes up a lot of rooms. Good riding in that area & plenty of it. Also Watkins Glen, Geneva Area would be good kick off areas. Sure others will have a list of good places as a kickoff place. Let us know when you plan to make the trip & we will try to ride with you for a day.

Spyder Garage

dan,
    in watkins glen there is a real nice place to stay. a little pricey, but worth it.(if you're sharing rooms, maybe tolerable!) it's called harbor house and we have stayed there before during wine festivals. maybe you can get a group rate.
    chuck
    ps. it's on seneca lake

Spyder Garage

Thanks
    Hello!
    The Finger Lakes are spread out. Having a "hub" is doable, but would probably be best from north of the lakes. If you look at a map you will see that the lakes spread out in a southerly direction.
    Geneva, NY would probably make the most sense. There is a new Hampton Inn and an older but very well maintained Ramada. Check rates on-line. There are many smaller motels, etc. but you really get what you pay for. If you have a specific budget, let me know. I can negotiate a group rate if I have a limit or range.
    At the top of the budget would probably be Bellhurst Castle (still in Geneva). It's reasonable for sheer attraction. Check the web site. It's very cool. I've stayed there many times.
    Keep the dialogue open and we can narrow it down along with dates. Having a date range is the first priority for negotiations. Feel free to PM me if needed.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Limited - Lava Bronze
    - Baja Ron Sway Bar - SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner - Air Modification Kit - Motorcycle Dave's gel seat inserts
    - Rivco Floorboards - Show Chrome Trunk Rack - Bad Boy Wolo Air Horn
    - FZ-1 Fuzeblock - Hopnel Lid Nets - Monster Graphics

Spyder Garage

The Falls Motel in Montour Falls. Just south of the town of Watkins Glen.
    http://www.thefallsmotel.com/

I stayed there for years when I was doing my racing thing.

Edit: Stay up stairs or in the newer section next to the office.
    Last edited by Sam Mac; 12-18-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Fingerlakes Ride

Hello--Nice to see that you are going to visit the finger lakes region. I would recommend either Hammonds Port or just down the road, Bath NY. It's in WINE country and you could visit many of the wineries around Keuka Lake. Lots to do and many places to see.
    I would love to join you if possible.

Spyder Garage

Thanks
    HI,
    When/time frame are you thinking of riding in the New York Finger Lake Region?

Send me a pm with info. I might be interested depending on the time that you are doing the ride. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

The Penn Yan area has some wonderful riding spots and is central to the wine country of the finger lakes and between some lakes as well. If you can venture west down Interstate 86 and stay in the Olean NY area an hit the PA Kinzua Bridge Area and Allegheny National Forest on Rt. 6, its a ride you'll always remember. If you get this way let us know we would be happy to meet up with some fellow riders.
    2016 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Default Angelica?

Quote Originally Posted by michrick View Post
    The Penn Yan area has some wonderful riding spots and is central to the wine country of the finger lakes and between some lakes as well. If you can venture west down Interstate 86 and stay in the Olean NY area an hit the PA Kinzua Bridge Area and Allegheny National Forest on Rt. 6, its a ride you'll always remember. If you get this way let us know we would be happy to meet up with some fellow riders.
    I have a place over on BakerValley rd, rt2b. Was just down a couple weeks ago.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Just around the corner from us we live right in town
    2016 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Default Small world

Quote Originally Posted by michrick View Post
    Just around the corner from us we live right in town
    The more I see of it the smaller it gets. We'll have to touch base sometime and do a ride.
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Yes definitely let us know we could meet up at the Canteen Resturant on Main St. My wife has the Spyder a 2014 ST I have a Victory Cross Country Tour both are Pearl White.
    2016 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Default Will do!

Sounds good. I may be heading down in April and leaving from there to Spyderfest. Still formulating the plan. Is the canteen across from the Legion, or closer to the American hotel?
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I live about 30 mins west of Cortland, NY which is on the eastern end of the finger lakes region. Cortland and Ithaca are both "college towns" and generally have many options from chains to B&B's. Ithaca has a lot of beautiful scenery and plenty of photo ops with all of the gorges and waterfalls. If you run into any issues, there is a can am dealer in Cortland, and one in Weedsport (which is just north of Skaneateles). If you would like to explore Central NY a bit, do not hesitate to contact me. I love to show people how beautiful it is up here.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Glad to see this one moving along. Hope to make it up there for your visit as well.
    2016 RT Special & 2017 RTS Pearl
    CATSKILLS SPYDER RIDERS - ADM

www.catskillsspyderryders.com & www.facebook.com/groups/catskillsspyderryders

[/url]