Thread: Cooling fans

Spyder Garage

Default Cooling fans

Why do two cooling fan types exists for the SE5? Is one an upgrade?

Part number 709200242 and 709200124

Notice the fan types while looking for the part number for the cooling bottle.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by powerbyaj View Post

I only find one fan type in the Spyder parts list, the 124.
    Where were you searching to get the other part number?
    A member of the rabble in good standing.
    A happy owner of a yellow SE-5.
    NMN Risers, Mudflap Lights, Fender Tips, Center Brake Light w/ Triple Play, Throttlemeister, Madstad Robo-brackets, Madstad windshield, CHAD windshield, Canisterectomy, Exhaust wrap.

Spyder Garage

Try this link: http://12.2.215.22/pub/default.asp?S...rands=ROADSTER

Go to the parts section.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by powerbyaj View Post

They are shown as belonging to different models of the SE5. Your model designation is shown in the VIN# and can be seen on your data plate on the right side of the swingarm. I'm not sure of the newr model designations, but early designations for the SE5 differentialted between Premier and standard editions, and between North American and Euro units.
    -Scotty

MetroAsian

BRP needs to improve on their cooling fan technology....I find that my spyder gets very hot in the summertime. I have also had coolant that just dumped onto the pavement. Dealership told me this happens when the coolant overheats and needs to purge it out of the system. Happen to me about five times now and dealership says my bike is fine.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MetroAsian View Post
    BRP needs to improve on their cooling fan technology....I find that my spyder gets very hot in the summertime. I have also had coolant that just dumped onto the pavement. Dealership told me this happens when the coolant overheats and needs to purge it out of the system. Happen to me about five times now and dealership says my bike is fine.
    Don't take the dealer's word for it. Many dealers have installed the coolant caps only to the first (safety) notch, and have not tightened them all the way. The result is coolant overflow. Another result is prematurely boiling over, due to insufficient system pressure. Everyone should check their coolant cap to be sure it is fully seated, even on a new Spyder. Be careful, it is tricky to tell that it is right, until you get the hang of it.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Don't take the dealer's word for it. Many dealers have installed the coolant caps only to the first (safety) notch, and have not tightened them all the way. The result is coolant overflow. Another result is prematurely boiling over, due to insufficient system pressure. Everyone should check their coolant cap to be sure it is fully seated, even on a new Spyder. Be careful, it is tricky to tell that it is right, until you get the hang of it.
    -Scotty

Another result = overheating. I do believe the overwhelming majority of overheating complaints is directly related to this!

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder: