Thread: Spyder Sales

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Sales

Anyone know what the overall Spyder sales are like? A lot of the dealerships I called are saying sales are slow this year.....

Spyder Garage

Dealers you "talk to" will tell everyone sales are SLOW. Making you think they are desperate to make a sale,
    so they MUST be giving you the best deal possible. Obvious tactic.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup! As much as I like my dealer; I only believe what I can independently verify...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks, that is what I figured, especially from what I am seeing on this site. On my last leg on getting my new 2015 RTL.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let us know when you get it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

April 30th 2015

Spyder Garage

Default Shopping...

pressure them...there are deals to be made but its a two ways street...hold your ground..congrats on your choice, hope you find that best deal for you..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I will be getting my '15 F3-S on Saturday, managed $4k off the top, could be better deals out there but I was happy enough with it. Had to do a bunch of shopping around and at the end of the day I had to travel about 3hrs.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SmoovOpRatoR View Post
    I will be getting my '15 F3-S on Saturday, managed $4k off the top, could be better deals out there but I was happy enough with it. Had to do a bunch of shopping around and at the end of the day I had to travel about 3hrs.
    Congratulations from the UK
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If sales had really been slow this year I wouldn't be seeing so few 2015s, other than F3s, in the online new inventory listings of various dealers all around the country. And there are almost no used 2014 RTs in their inventories and pretty much zero left over 2014s.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    If sales had really been slow this year I wouldn't be seeing so few 2015s, other than F3s, in the online new inventory listings of various dealers all around the country. And there are almost no used 2014 RTs in their inventories and pretty much zero left over 2014s.
    The last time I stopped by the local dealership, it looked like they were taking $5000 off most 2015 models. I looked at their web site over the weekend, and it logs like most of the 2015s are still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Anyone know what the overall Spyder sales are like? A lot of the dealerships I called are saying sales are slow this year.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Yup! As much as I like my dealer; I only believe what I can independently verify... [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

• Garmin XT (I would be lost without it)
      Driving Lights (Very bright to improve my sight)
      Floorboard Lights and Turn Signals (I like to be seen)
      Passenger Armrests (So my wife doesn't fall off)
      Trailer Hitch (So we can bring more stuff with us)
      Chrome Wheels (Because the beautiful stock wheels just weren't good enough)
      Front Fender Sequential Reflector Lights (I was wondering what to do with my paycheck)

Spyder Garage

seems like there are a lot of posts about people getting new spyders, including me. So if you figure only a fraction of the people who buy them come on here it cant be too bad. All i know is i hope they keep going, dealers are already to few and far between and i dont want to see any stop selling spyders or have to travel 500 miles to get it worked on.
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JCWeatherman View Post
    The last time I stopped by the local dealership, it looked like they were taking $5000 off most 2015 models. I looked at their web site over the weekend, and it logs like most of the 2015s are still there.
    Which dealer is that? Almost all, if not all, dealers who show stock quantities and prices on their websites are showing discounts like you saw, on the order of $4000 to $8000 off MSRP. I believe those prices all include the current dealer and customer rebates. I don't know what kind of discounts are being offered by the dealers who only have a Request Quote button on their web page. It looks like inventories are higher in the East than they are in the West by and large. Of course all of the below numbers are predicated on the dealers actually showing somewhat realistic numbers on their web sites, a somewhat safe bet I think.

Here's what I find in your area, which is typical of what I find wherever I look. Unless noted otherwise these are all 2015s that the dealer lists as being in stock. I saw no new 2014s listed.

Hollinger's - 7 total, 2 RTs

J & J Powersports - none

Don's Kawasaki - new inventory not listed

Blackman's - doesn't list specifically what new is in stock, 2 Spyders in the pre-owned inventory

Leisure Sports & Turf - 3 in stock

Schaeffer's - 11 in stock, 6 F3, 1 ST, 4 RT

Crossroad - 7 in stock, 3 F3, 3 RT-L, 1 ST

Smith Marine - apparently some new RT and F3 in stock but no specific numbers shown

Some of the best prices I've come across are from Power Motorsports in Sublimity, OR. They are showing 2 RT-Ls at $22,999 and 3 RT-Ss at $20,999. They show 18 total, the most by far I see anywhere.

These numbers contrast a lot with what the local dealer in Boise, ID had in stock last year. As I recall it was on the order of 15 to 20 Spyders, including both 2013 and 2014, and I think 1 or 2 2012s. They show 0 Spyders in stock now.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 11-12-2015 at 08:48 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)