Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Are rider floorboards adjustable

I bought my wife the 2015 STS and because of her short stature have made a couple minor mods for her. Now she tells me she wants to raise the rider floorboards an inch or so. Are these adjustable? I know the passage ones are, but just glancing over the riders set I see no adjustment. Any info or advice would be appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Default Floor Board Adjustment

I do not believe the floor boards are adjustable. This would mess up the brake peddle and the safety break-a-way for extra brake peddle travel.
    Chris Gammack
    You don't know what I don't know. I don't know what you don't know. All I can say is at my age what I don't know is huge.
    I call the Avatar "The first fifteen feet."

Spyder Garage

Smile I don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet View Post
    I bought my wife the 2015 STS and because of her short stature have made a couple minor mods for her. Now she tells me she wants to raise the rider floorboards an inch or so. Are these adjustable? I know the passage ones are, but just glancing over the riders set I see no adjustment. Any info or advice would be appreciated.
    I think that the only Spyder with adjustments is the F3.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks folks. I will think of another solution then. You saved me time.

Spyder Garage

ST passenger floorboards are adjustable up and down, just loosen the bolt and move it where you want it.
    Oops, skipped over the rider floor boards part. Sorry. DUH!!!!!
    Last edited by ingramwc; 11-11-2015 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Oops!
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Spyder Garage

Riding shoes/boots with thicker or double sole? Remove some of the foam from the seat?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Aftermarket seat. You may not want to spend the money but the proper seat will move her front and lower and it should be far more comfortable. Lots of options out there. I have an Ultimate seat and I love it as well as my passenger. As mentioned driver floor boards are not adjustable.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am short-ish too at 5'4" and "second" 900Dave's comments - I now have an ultimate reduced reach seat which suddenly makes everything "fit" - the bars, footboards, etc, all have much better ergonomics for me with this seat. So now I'm riding better, time to look seriously at shocks! lol A bit squashy for my husband - but he has his own spyder so hardly ever rides mine... OR boots with heels eg western style - might be enough.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Great info, thanks. The seat sounds like my best option right now. I'm a little concerned dropping that much money not knowing if my wife will find it comfortable, or if it will work out. But aside from major surgery I think it sounds like the best remedy. Humph, maybe Ultimate has a return policy? I think I'll call and ask them before I order. I will follow up this thread with whatever solution I go with. Thanks again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet View Post
    Great info, thanks. The seat sounds like my best option right now. I'm a little concerned dropping that much money not knowing if my wife will find it comfortable, or if it will work out. But aside from major surgery I think it sounds like the best remedy. Humph, maybe Ultimate has a return policy? I think I'll call and ask them before I order. I will follow up this thread with whatever solution I go with. Thanks again.

Did you decide which way to go?