Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Arrow Computer reboot problem?

I have a 2014 ST-S with about 1K on it. Over the last two weeks I have noticed that the computer will sometimes reboot right after I start the engine. The engine stays on but I have to acknowledge the safety warning again. Anyone had this issue? Is it a sign of a bigger problem? Thanks in advance. Bill

Spyder Garage

Our 2014 ST-L does not do that.
    Wife has a 2014 ST-L
    2014 ST Limited , Silver Platinum Satin

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2014 sts

I have 2014 sts that turned 30,000 miles today and mine does. I asked the dealer and they said that it happens. So knowing my dealer I know it's not right and they don't want to deal with it. Good luck!!

Spyder Garage

Might be worth checking that your battery terminals are tight?!? Loose connections there could cause momentary power loss when the 'extra drain' of starting happens, making the computer want to reset....

Might help, might not, just sayin'

Spyder Garage

Default Computer reboot problem

I have a 2015 RT Limited and mine does it but while riding it does it continuos , my dealer opened a case ,I will bring it in for them to check it . I think it's a heat issue cause mine only does it when it's really hot day 100 degree , it has not acted up since it cooled off so I don't think they will fine anything wrong .

Spyder Garage

Get thee to thy dealer.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I have seen this happen on used Spyders that are started and moved every day. When this happens we charge the battery. Check the state of charge on your battery. You should use a float charger if your Spyder sets for a few days. What happens as the engine starts it had drawn enough current to reset the computer. Good luck.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Lancaster PA transplant (Southern born and bred)
    Spyder Garage

This was happening to my 2009 RS when I was beginning to have battery problems. Eventually, the battery caused a Limp Home Mode. New battery.....end of problem.

2015 F3-S SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mine has done it from day one and I have had it just over a year now and bought it new. But I have to say my poor spyder is not a happy one if there is something that will go wrong mine will have done it20150709_103647.jpg pic of mine running telling me to hit mode.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Still...

Thanks everyone for your replies....it is now doing it every time. I have checked the connections and they are solid. I have it on the Battery Tender now.... Kind of disappointing for a not so inexpensive toy. Fingers crossed the BT does the trick Thanks gain.

Spyder Garage

This is a case for a well-trained, very patient technician. It sounds like you are losing power to the main board. It should be covered under warranty; the sooner the better. Intermittent surges can lead to even more, and bigger, problems.
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

• Garmin XT (I would be lost without it)
      Driving Lights (Very bright to improve my sight)
      Floorboard Lights and Turn Signals (I like to be seen)
      Passenger Armrests (So my wife doesn't fall off)
      Trailer Hitch (So we can bring more stuff with us)
      Chrome Wheels (Because the beautiful stock wheels just weren't good enough)
      Front Fender Sequential Reflector Lights (I was wondering what to do with my paycheck)

Spyder Garage

I agree with Deer Slayer, It sounds like your battery is low and/or your connections on your battery are loose. I just got a battery tender and was shocked to see how loose the nuts were on the battery. The battery charged a long time and once charged fully, the boot up time was noticeably shorter. I had been wondering why it took so long to boot up.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

might want to think about adding toothed washers to your connections; much less likely to reloosen after tightening
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White