Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Wish me luck as I may take the plunge to Spyder ownership Tomorrow!

I will be taking the Wife to 'Pitt Bull Powersports,' in Springfield, MO, Saturday

My wife always wants comfort and Luxury so I just know which model she will like best

I tend to like the 'Sporty' stuff but she's a Goldwing type woman and likes the nicer things

I'll report back on what happens.

Sam
    2021 Spyder RT ES6 PETROL metallic. Carthage, Missouri 64836

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck with tomorrow. My wife picked mine out for me and I love our RTL.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman 2012 View Post

I tend to like the 'Sporty' stuff but she's a Goldwing type woman and likes the nicer things

Sam
    As they say....Happy Wife, happy life

Spyder Garage

Default Good Luck

Good luck for tomorrow
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You've got to keep your "Best-Half" happy...
    But then; you already know that!
    Happy Shopping, and the best of luck! Please stop back in, and let us know what happens!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Happy shopping!!

(Whispers: Pssst, get the RT)

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Good luck, you might need...two!
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

You are going to the # 1 Dealer in the world.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pampurrs View Post
    Happy shopping!!

(Whispers: Pssst, get the RT)

Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    You are going to the # 1 Dealer in the world.

Cruzr Joe
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Great dealer choice!

Putbull will take very good care of you, at time of sale, and more importantly, after the sale!
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Spyder Garage

Well, you can surprise us with your color choice anyway.

Pat

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

resistance is futile!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You should definitely go along with the wife's choice. But an alternative would be to get one for each of you. Then you could both be happy!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446863482.740918.jpg go all in... My girl wanted the RTL... And that is what we ryde
    Jonny
    2013 Spyder RT Limited
    • TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Light
    • Spyderpops Bumpskid with TricLED LED kit
    • GloRyder Wheel Lights
    • Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    • Corbin Arm Rests
    • TricLED Turn Signals

Spyder Garage

My wife enjoys the comfort of the RT. We have had many memorable trips together on it. It is a great ride.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Default Way to go...!!

you don'tneed luck...just money and a helmet.. someone is ryding it home...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Gratz on your new RT that you're going to buy tomorrow

-Fratzba

Spyder Garage

With the RT your wife picks out have them install the Ron bar and better shocks along with the laser alignment and that RT will handle better then a stock RS so you will have the best of both worlds
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Hope your signing papers right now, i am in the process with an RT right now myself. i really ride 2 up on the spyder 90% of the time (ride my yamaha when alone) so the RT was the logical choice and my wife and daughter love the back area, i didnt see enough features that meant anything to me to be worth $3000 for the S or even more for the LT. I would have liked the push button shock adjuster but didnt care about tiny pieces of chrome or black rims and dont need heated grips here
    awaiting the results with everyone else. Im guessing black RTS
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

Shop ping

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Get two

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    You should definitely go along with the wife's choice. But an alternative would be to get one for each of you. Then you could both be happy!
    Patty is right. Get her what she wants, get what you want. 😄
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Default Can't really go wrong can you?

Your in a win win situation. Hope you get the ride you want.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    With the RT your wife picks out have them install the Ron bar and better shocks along with the laser alignment and that RT will handle better then a stock RS so you will have the best of both worlds
    With the RT riding 2 up the Baja Ron sway bar and links would be nice to start with right out of the door. Better front shocks would also be nice.

With the F3 the Baja Ron sway bar and links and a better rear shock if riding 2 up would be recomended.

Either one will be a great machine for you. They both have that wonderful triple 1330 motor at their heart.

Spyder Garage

Well, I had a paradigm shift in my preconceived thoughts about 3 wheel luxury and sophistication as a result of our visit to 'Pitt bull' Powersports yesterday

As I had anticipated, my wife just naturally gravitated to the most comfortable and luxurious looking Spyder on the showroom floor, the RT-S Special Series, in a beautiful 'Intense Red Pearl Paint,' with the 'Burgundy' seat, Fog lights and all the bells and whistles. The first comment was if she didn't notice the 2 front wheels she would have sworn she was on our recently sold 2012 Goldwing.

The Salesman, a Mr. James Wood, seemed very knowledgeable, friendly and took his time to show us all of the features. I was shocked myself as I had no idea that the product line has evolved to such an impressive state that I believe surpasses the features and utility of the Goldwing or the top BMW touring bike I had in the past. I was astounded to see that the available storage space was larger than the GW too. To say the least, I was impressed!

Of course when we found out the price, there was a little 'sticker shock,' as the unit we liked topped out at over $30,000 However, they did offer over $3,000 off. All of their Spyder's receive the mandatory 'Laser alignment,' and this one included a vented windshield and a supposedly a very thorough PDI treatment. I priced out lesser ones down to $18,500 out the door but---less is always less Oui???

I watched one of their salesmen take a new happy couple out to their new RT SS, thoroughly go over everything before the couple was allowed to ride off into the beautiful Nirvana of the Ozarks.

The only negative was that my wife and I were a little cramped together which was nice for me having a well padded backrest to enjoy but she was less pleased. For something this nice to look forward to I bet we'd both be willing to go on a diet!!!!!!

I did not do a test ride as I was afraid that my incurable addiction to anything with wheels would force me to buy it on the spot. Money isn't the issue but I do have a practically new 2012 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster and a 2012 Burgman 650 Executive and a 2005 Burgman 650 so something's got to go. I guess I have until Spring to figure something out.

Sam
    Last edited by Rocketman 2012; 11-08-2015 at 01:49 PM.
    2021 Spyder RT ES6 PETROL metallic. Carthage, Missouri 64836

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for update

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman 2012 View Post
    Well, I had a paradigm shift in my preconceived thoughts about 3 wheel luxury and sophistication as a result of our visit to 'Pitt bull' Powersports yesterday

As I had anticipated, my wife just naturally gravitated to the most comfortable and luxurious looking Spyder on the showroom floor, the RT-S Special Series, in a beautiful 'Intense Red Pearl Paint,' with the 'Burgundy' seat, Fog lights and all the bells and whistles. The first comment was if she didn't notice the 2 front wheels she would have sworn she was on our recently sold 2012 Goldwing.

The Salesman, a Mr. James Wood, seemed very knowledgeable, friendly and took his time to show us all of the features. I was shocked myself as I had no idea that the product line has evolved to such an impressive state that I believe surpasses the features and utility of the Goldwing or the top BMW touring bike I had in the past. I was astounded to see that the available storage space was larger than the GW too. To say the least, I was impressed!

Of course when we found out the price, there was a little 'sticker shock,' as the unit we liked topped out at over $30,000 However, they did offer over $3,000 off. All of their Spyder's receive the mandatory 'Laser alignment,' and supposedly a very thorough PDI treatment. I priced out lesser ones down to $18,500 out the door but---less is always less Oui???

I watched one of their salesmen take a new happy couple out to their new RT SS, thoroughly go over everything before the couple was allowed to ride off into the beautiful Nirvana of the Ozarks.

The only negative was that my wife and I were a little cramped together which was nice for me having a well padded backrest to enjoy but she was less pleased. For something this nice to look forward to I bet we'd both be willing to go on a diet!!!!!!

I did not do a test ride as I was afraid that my incurable addiction to anything with wheels would force me to buy it on the spot. Money isn't the issue but I do have a practically new 2012 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster and a 2012 Burgman 650 Executive and a 2005 Burgman 650 so something's got to go. I guess I have until Spring to figure something out.

Sam
    I have been waiting to read your post "after" the trip to Pitbull. I am a verrrrry happy Pitbull customer (I live 2000 miles from their front door)...the main reason being they assembly our Spyders correctly (and after 2 Spyders and 100+k miles) I have learned how critical this is..Another key reason is their pricing has always been the best. And they are great folks to deal with..stay with Spyderlovers.com...so much to learn here from some incredible (and opinionated ) Spyderlovers. That intense red is my favorite...didn't have when I bought my current ryde. Oh yeah and the issue of the 2 up ryde being a little tight....buy 2 .. Never drove any kind of motorcycle...fell in love with the Spyder and the rest is history...(as they say !!)
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5