Spyder Garage

Default New Air Deflectors Available

We just got some new Air Deflectors in from Big Bike Parts. These should work well for a lot of people.

Above and Below Mirror Air Deflectors, Can-Am Spyder RT, 10+

Below and available Above Mirror Air Deflectors are a must have comfort accessory.

They easily mount to the existing OEM deflectors by attaching chrome hardware that essentially extends the OEM deflectors to Air Deflectors that really work.

These new Air Deflectors give control of air by deflecting away or pivoting up to 130 degrees to divert air directly into the riding pocket to help keep the rider cool.

The
    Above Mirror Air Deflectors are 4’’ x 7’’ while the Below Mirror Air Deflectors are 5’’ x 6’’, both made from clear acrylic to match the OEM.

Fits 2010 and newer Can-Am Spyder RT.

Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Interesting idea...
    Do they just clamp on; or do you drill through the OEM pieces, and run a bolt through them?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Interesting idea...
    Do they just clamp on; or do you drill through the OEM pieces, and run a bolt through them?
    That is a very good question. That is the first thing I asked also when I heard about these from Big Bike Parts.

You will have to drill two holes for mounting in each Deflector that these are attaching to. If not I do not believe these new Deflectors would be secure enough.
    I am going to mount an Upper Set on our own RT. Since our RT is a 2013 and has the air scoops now installed we will not be able to install the Below Mirror Air Deflectors on it.
    Thanks for the question.
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Let us know how hard it is to drill the holes and any tips in doing so.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Larry rt View Post
    Let us know how hard it is to drill the holes and any tips in doing so.
    It is very easy to drill two holes in each of the OEM Deflectors. The instructions give some good dimensions on where to put your holes.
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Question Lower Deflector Questions

Quote Originally Posted by rick_w View Post
    We just got some new Air Deflectors in from Big Bike Parts. These should work well for a lot of people.

Above and Below Mirror Air Deflectors, Can-Am Spyder RT, 10+

Below and available Above Mirror Air Deflectors are a must have comfort accessory.

They easily mount to the existing OEM deflectors by attaching chrome hardware that essentially extends the OEM deflectors to Air Deflectors that really work.

These new Air Deflectors give control of air by deflecting away or pivoting up to 130 degrees to divert air directly into the riding pocket to help keep the rider cool.

The
    Above Mirror Air Deflectors are 4’’ x 7’’ while the Below Mirror Air Deflectors are 5’’ x 6’’, both made from clear acrylic to match the OEM.

Fits 2010 and newer Can-Am Spyder RT.

I have on my 14' RT-S the BRP adjustable "not-clear" plastic wind deflectors. Will these add-on lower deflectors work with my set-up? Does the hardware come in Black? Or Satin finish? (Because my RT-S is black.) The upper add-on deflector looks too high above the mirror IMO. (Also its outer and upper edges don't seem to flow with the other body lines of the glass or mirrors. Maybe becuase they rotate I'm guessing.) The Ideas is great though!
    Andy S. a.k.a. SpyderRT

2014 Black RT-S with SE6, Tri-Axis handlebars, Rear Trunk liner and shelf, Travel Cover, Heated Comfort seat, Driver Backrest, Akrapovic Silencer, 25 inch Adjustable Vent windshield, Adjustable Side Wind deflectors. BajaRon Swaybar and links. KOTT grills.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Can The Attachment Point Be Changed

I also have the optional BRP opaque adjustable lower vents. I'm not sure how these BBP adjustable lowers would work with this setup. I wonder if the uppers could be mounted lower so to close the gap to the mirror???????
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRT View Post
    I have on my 14' RT-S the BRP adjustable "not-clear" plastic wind deflectors. Will these add-on lower deflectors work with my set-up? Does the hardware come in Black? Or Satin finish? (Because my RT-S is black.) The upper add-on deflector looks too high above the mirror IMO. (Also its outer and upper edges don't seem to flow with the other body lines of the glass or mirrors. Maybe becuase they rotate I'm guessing.) The Ideas is great though!

The Lower Deflectors are designed as shown in the picture to work with the stock deflector (not adjustable). Hardware is as shown in the pictures.
    I'm sure we will be having people try these in a few different ways.
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories