Spyder Garage

Default Newfoundland and Labrador Trip

Was wondering if anyone has been here on their Spyder's. My husband and I are planning a trip next July to go. He has a GS BMW and I have a Spyder RT. So was wondering how the RT performs up there. We would be leaving from South Carolina. I have the bump/Skid plate and belt guard on. I know we will run into some gravel roads. So just needed some addition info. I know they r paving some of the Lab Hwy but some of it is still gravel. So has anyone been on their Spyder?

Lois

2015 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Probably not relevant to your question but, I was up there in 98. I had no place to tell the story until 07. I know there has been road improvements made (not if you're an adv rider) if Goosebay is one of your destinations but, can't confirm if it'd be Spyder friendly. Back in 98, I'd say no way.

New Foundland itself, no problem mostly paved roads.

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=17214&Number=1729 42#Post172942

Some info here in this write up with contact numbers, not sure how may are still current.
    http://www.mortonsbmw.com/planning.html

Pat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is a spyderlover in Newfoundland, maybe he will chime in. We are looking at going in 2017 in conjunction with the 10th Anniversary Owner's Event in Quebec.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I've had one person tell me that in Labrador many of the roads are unpaved. Large trucks hauling butt on these roads kick up a lot of dust and when they have gone past you pretty much want to pull over till you can see the next truck coming at you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

The wife and I went to Newfoundland and across to Labrador a few years ago. All the roads we traveled on in Newfoundland were good paved. Labrador, when you get off the ferry from Newfoundland, if you turn left you are in Blanc Sablon Quebec,turn right and you are in Labrador and you can travel up the coast to Red Bay, it is only a short distance. After that it is all long distance gravel which I do not think you would want to venture out on even in a cage. Newfoundland/Labrador is worth the adventure.
    Roger
    2012 RT Limited
    Vertika Floor boards
    Painted rear fender & dash
    Carbon fiber panels
    Utopia back rest
    Baker air wings
    Elka shocks and relocaters
    CB radio
    ISO hand grips
    Tric LED fender light
    Turn signal lights in mirrors

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    There is a spyderlover in Newfoundland, maybe he will chime in. We are looking at going in 2017 in conjunction with the 10th Anniversary Owner's Event in Quebec.
    If you are thinking of doing Newfoundland in the month of August of 2017 my wife and I may be interested in joining a small group for the trip.

We were planning a trip in late summer of 2017 to the "rock" . Probably 2 or 3 weeks actually on the island. We have started planning but would be interested to see if any other Spyder Lovers would be interested in joining us for the trip.

PM if you may be interested in a trip to Newfoundland summer 2017.
    Last edited by Mr. Bill; 11-04-2015 at 08:03 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd. Black Currant, SpyderPops Bump Skid & Belt Guard, Bajarons Sway Bar & Heim Joints, BRP. Trailer Hitch, Trailer Hitch Luggage Carrier, Cat By-Pass, Wrapped pipes, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake light & Dual Brightsides, F4 Customs Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy seat & back rest, Rivco Armrests, LED mirror lights, Lidlox Helmet locks, Elka Stage 2 Frt. Shocks., Clearwater "Darla" LED driving lights, Tricled LED headlights & fog lights, Tricled fender LED lights.