Thread: F3 AUX LITES

Spyder Garage

Default F3 AUX LITES

I NOMINATE THE DESIGNER OF THE F3 AUXILARY LIGHT FIXTURE, THE NOBLE PRICE FOR WORSE DESIGN EVER......
    WHAT WAS THIS GUY/GAL THINKING......???????
    WHEN CHANGING THE H3 BULB, YOU ARE BETTER OFF REMOVING THE ENTIRE LIGHT ASSEMBLY FROM THE BIKE, RATHER THAN TRY TO JUST R&R THE BULB..... THE ASSEMBLE IS CHEAP AND FLIMSY TO SAY THE LEAST....
    WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO
    'KISS'....???? KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID...
    SORRY FOLKS, BUT I'M PISS'd RIGHT NOW.....
    grrrrrr......
    DAN P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

Yep, $400 and the bulb is held in with a glorified paperclip that is VERY difficult to use.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default 1 2 many

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Yep, $400 and the bulb is held in with a glorified paperclip that is VERY difficult to use.
    i think there is 1 too many "0" in the dollar figure.... these are cheaply made, and i've since seen better on AMAZON for under $100.....
    BRP,
    shame on you....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    i think there is 1 too many "0" in the dollar figure.... these are cheaply made, and i've since seen better on AMAZON for under $100.....
    BRP,
    shame on you....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R F3-S
    Is the Amazon light something that would fit well in the factory hole?

Spyder Garage

Default YES

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBwell View Post
    Is the Amazon light something that would fit well in the factory hole?
    TOM;
    SOMEWHERE ON THIS WEBSITE, IS A POST THAT TALKS ABOUT THOSE LITES.... AND IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, THEY WERE EITHER $89 OR $99 FOR A PAIR....
    DO SOME SEARCHING ON BOTH SPYD3RLOVERS AND AMAZON, AND I'M SURE YOU'LL FIND IT... I WILL ALSO LOOK, AND IF I FIND IT, I WILL AGAIN POST ON THIS LINK....
    HELP FOLKS, ANYONE KNOW WHERE THAT POST IS....????
    DAN P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

TOM;
    SOMEWHERE ON THIS WEBSITE, IS A POST THAT TALKS ABOUT THOSE LITES.... AND IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, THEY WERE EITHER $89 OR $99 FOR A PAIR....
    DO SOME SEARCHING ON BOTH SPYD3RLOVERS AND AMAZON, AND I'M SURE YOU'LL FIND IT... I WILL ALSO LOOK, AND IF I FIND IT, I WILL AGAIN POST ON THIS LINK....
    HELP FOLKS, ANYONE KNOW WHERE THAT POST IS....????
    DAN P
    SPYD3R F3-S

The housing is indeed a standard Hella fog lamp. The Spyder specific mounting brackets, harness and lighted switch are not included with the Hella lamps. Still they are WAY overpriced for what they are.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default $80 DIY Aux Lights

Here is a thread from when I did my lights. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...x-Lighting-DIY

CJ JAX

Spyder Garage

Default THX

Quote Originally Posted by zuni View Post
    Here is a thread from when I did my lights. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...x-Lighting-DIY

CJ JAX
    THANX FOR THE HELP.....
    ALWAYS APPRECIATED....
    DAN P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Installing the light bulbs themselves on the F3 Aux lights was the least of my problems. Installing the complete Aux unit was a major pain getting the units to lock into place. The light bulbs went in pretty easy for me. I changed the standard H3 bulb that came with the set to a H3 LED bulb option so that the light would be white instead of yellow. The yellow lights just did not look right next to my LED Headlight mod from XenonDepot

Spyder Garage

Default I THINK

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    Installing the light bulbs themselves on the F3 Aux lights was the least of my problems. Installing the complete Aux unit was a major pain getting the units to lock into place. The light bulbs went in pretty easy for me. I changed the standard H3 bulb that came with the set to a H3 LED bulb option so that the light would be white instead of yellow. The yellow lights just did not look right next to my LED Headlight mod from XenonDepot
    TAZZ.....
    I'M THINKING YOU CHANGED THE H-3 BULBS WHILE THE HOUSING UNIT WAS OUT OF THE BIKE.... OTHERWISE, YOU KNUCKLES WOULD BE
    CUT & SCRATCHED LIKE MINE....
    DAN P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

Didn't the modified socket work for you?
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HIspyder View Post
    Didn't the modified socket work for you?

Modified socket? I just had the 3 prong elongated screws that had to be locked in place.

Spyder Garage

Modified socket? I just had the 3 prong elongated screws that had to be locked in place.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ctions-missing

Skip down to #7

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SPYD3R;1053520]TAZZ.....
    I'M THINKING YOU CHANGED THE H-3 BULBS WHILE THE HOUSING UNIT WAS OUT OF THE BIKE.... OTHERWISE, YOU KNUCKLES WOULD BE
    CUT & SCRATCHED LIKE MINE....
    DAN P
    SPYD3R F3-S
    [/QUOT

One bulb I replaced before install and then one I did after the install, just so I could tell the difference between the standard H3 and the H3 LED in color and brightness. The little latch was easy for me to get to but then I had the advantage of knowing how it worked because I had the whole unit out so I could get a close inspection of how everything operated.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HIspyder View Post
    Oh yeah I did make one of those but it started tearing the plastic tabs on the AUX unit. I used a variety of other tools and some curse words and once I greased where the tabs turn into place, it locked.

Spyder Garage

Default EMBARRASSED

BRP SHOULD BE EMBARRASSED TO HAVE PURCHASED THESE AUX LIGHTS FROM HELLA, AND HELLA SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT EVERY TURN BY PEOPLE THAT WANT QUALITY PRODUCTS FOR THEIR SPYD3RS......

i just got done taking my AUX LIGHTS completely off my F3-S... and these lights are nothing short of a piece of , if you ask me... for $400, BRP should ONLY deal with the absolute best products... instead, i paid $400 for lights that aren't worth $2.00 USD.....

SHAME ON YOU BRP, SHAME SHAME SHAME.....
    DAN P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have the aux lights and like them. They were difficult to install but what I did was pop off the white caps on the bolts. Then install the frame. It is much easier to lock the keyed turn buckles without the light attached. Then put the light back in and tap the covers onto the opposite piece. The covers lock the lights to the frame. I replaced the bulbs a couple of days ago...no big deal. Remove the side panels, remove rubber boots, lift up metal latch, pull out old bulb and replace. It is a keyed fit, so just wiggle the bulb a little to get it done. The lights wire assembly is professionally OEM quality with the included switch. I agree they are over priced but I got mine on eBay for much less. Central Powersports in Orlando was the seller. You'll never buy another light that will fit and connect effortlessly to the bikes electric system without a lot of effort. By the way, the lights work and look great. My 2 cents...

Spyder Garage

Default OBVIOUSLY

Quote Originally Posted by arp35 View Post
    I have the aux lights and like them. They were difficult to install but what I did was pop off the white caps on the bolts. Then install the frame. It is much easier to lock the keyed turn buckles without the light attached. Then put the light back in and tap the covers onto the opposite piece. The covers lock the lights to the frame. I replaced the bulbs a couple of days ago...no big deal. Remove the side panels, remove rubber boots, lift up metal latch, pull out old bulb and replace. It is a keyed fit, so just wiggle the bulb a little to get it done. The lights wire assembly is professionally OEM quality with the included switch. I agree they are over priced but I got mine on eBay for much less. Central Powersports in Orlando was the seller. You'll never buy another light that will fit and connect effortlessly to the bikes electric system without a lot of effort. By the way, the lights work and look great. My 2 cents...

OBVIOUSLY, you
    DID NOT purchase the CAN AM OEM AUX LIGHTS....
    you state "lift up metal latch".... this metal latch is just a bit thicker than aluminum foil... bends and twist with extremely little effort...
    glad you bought good ones.... wish i did... i'll
    NEVER go to HELLA again....
    Dan P
    SPY3R F3-S

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

OBVIOUSLY, you
    DID NOT purchase the CAN AM OEM AUX LIGHTS....
    you state "lift up metal latch".... this metal latch is just a bit thicker than aluminum foil... bends and twist with extremely little effort...
    glad you bought good ones.... wish i did... i'll
    NEVER go to HELLA again....
    Dan P
    SPY3R F3-S
    Yes, they were the OEM Can Am Aux Lights. I think your issue misleads others thinking of buying the lights. I would definitely buy them again. Yes, they were difficult to install but not as difficult as replacing your main headlights. Have you tried that yet? When anything says less than an hour to install, I plan on three. The key is patience and the right tools. Trying shortcuts or incorrect tools makes any installation difficult.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I’m no expert but the F3 BRP AUX light unit seems good quality to me. Very solid which accounts for the hard install. Absolutely no flex in any of the materials. Overpriced but what BRP accessory isn’t? I found changing the light bulb pretty easy. Understanding how the clip holds the bulb in and unlatching it is hard to see in such a tight space but once learned its pretty easy.

Spyder Garage