I had the 3000 mile first service done on my 2015 RT yesterday. I did my oil change my self. I have done all of them on my 2011 so I figured it would be easy! I put the bike up on the lift and wow, there is very little clearance to reach under and work, especially if the catch pan is under. I removed the short drain plug on the drivers right side and let it drain. When it was done draining, I moved the catch pan under the longer drain plug (drivers left) with the two orings and backed to off enough to let the oils drain very slowly and walked into my house. When I returned a couple of hours later, I discover at least 3 gts of oil must have "puked" out of the right side where the drain pan had been removed! I figured that side was done draining! What a mess, 3-4 qts of used oil covered my lift and the floor of the garage! It was certainly a learning opportunity for me. I am considering using a dremel and enlarging the openings in the plastic covers underneath to make this job easier and less messy. Has anyone tried this?? I simply removed the cover on my 2011 but getting this sucker off is MUCH more work!!

Ideas anyone??