Spyder Garage

Question The Dirtiest Ever!

Tell about the time you got your Spyder the dirtiest it's ever been.....how'd it happen?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since I'm of the opinion that a dirty bike; is a bike being ridden... mine gets washed infrequently. A bath often happens about when the collection of bug corpses on the windshield gets thick enough to be mistaken for a VERY dark tint-job!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

THe worst mine gets is usually lots of gnats & light dirt. i wash once a week & clean the gnats off every ride

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A ride in a downpour through mud filled pot holes in Clovis, NM had been my dirtiest ride ever until we ride to Alaska. The lock on the rear trunk was so full of mud and grit that the key would barely turn. The top of my trailer had balls of mud the size of quarters all over it I am still finding dirt from the trip each time I wash it.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Yep! The Alaska Grunge will get ya.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Dirty

We had taken the old Highway 14 last summer out of Gillette Wyoming on our way West to Sheridan and hit about 20 miles of torn up pavement when a thunderstorm hit us. The Spyders were tracking sidway half the time in the mud , sometimes we had to get off and push through the mud, then climb back on. We thought we had it bad untill we were about half way through and ran on to a group of Harleyseading to Sturgis, When we got out the other side about 10 miles down the road we got hit by another thunder storm that dumped enough rain that almost completly cleaned the bikes off, We foungd a car wash in Sheridan and finished cleaning the bikes and we hosed each other off. FUN TIMES !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Default Alrighty then....

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    A ride in a downpour through mud filled pot holes in Clovis, NM had been my dirtiest ride ever until we ride to Alaska. The lock on the rear trunk was so full of mud and grit that the key would barely turn. The top of my trailer had balls of mud the size of quarters all over it I am still finding dirt from the trip each time I wash it.

You win...!!..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default I'm out..!!

I clean her after most rydes and when traveling....leave clean clean her when I get there and when I get home.... embarassing I know..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5

Spyder Garage

I am with Ann on this one. On our way back we stopped early one day in BC and I found a coin operated car wash that also allowed you to run it and pay at the end.
    After washing the Spyder and trailer off to the point of being able to see that it was white I went to pay. Only cost me $34.00

Like Ann I am still finding Alaska dirt
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Wash? Not this season or last....

but I've kinda been grounded by my wife's multiple health issues this year. But I managed to get a ride in last night... 30 minutes to the VFW post, 2 hours to drink a beer and shoot the breeze, 30 minutes to home. It felt good!
    Last edited by Mick N; 10-27-2015 at 10:00 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

on labor day 3 years ago. I rode my 2008 yellow spyder from Fontana dam tn to ponte vedra beach fl in a nonstop rain storm. it rained on 10 of us for 13 hours without stopping. everything was wet and dirty.

Spyder Garage

Guess riding in rain wont count as a bath? I know I dont clean it enough. Too busy ryding. Just before spyderfest I added new decal to rear fender & shared here, comments were made as why I only cleaned 1/2 the fender?

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    I clean her after most rydes and when traveling....leave clean clean her when I get there and when I get home.... embarassing I know..
    I want to move next door to you and we can trade bikes when mine needs a wash
    Now 2014 RT Limited Cognac
    Was 2008 GS SM5

Don Garbarino

Cup Holder
    GPS locking holder
    Mud flap
    Modified KNOTT grill
    Phone holder and charger
    Trailer hitch
    Dual air horn
    Auxiliary fuse box with relays
    Heated clothing controller
    volt/oil pressure gauge
    Sequential signals in mirror
    Tri Axis Handle bars
    Baja Ron anti sway bar/heim links
    shorty antenna
    And many more

Spyder Garage

Thing is, you do it this way and all it is is a wipe down with some pledge. ..lemon...I wait longer and it takes elbow grease. ..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5

Spyder Garage

I would say riding down the west side of Glacier National park during a heavy down pour and the pavement was removed and riding on clay. I still have red clay stained on exhaust pipes and other areas from being baked on.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    I am with Ann on this one. On our way back we stopped early one day in BC and I found a coin operated car wash that also allowed you to run it and pay at the end.
    After washing the Spyder and trailer off to the point of being able to see that it was white I went to pay. Only cost me $34.00

Now I think back on how Roger cleaned his bike each night and I'm thinking maybe he wasn't so crazy after all. Each night we would get to our hotel and he would take 2 garbage cans from the room and put soapy water in one and clean water in the other.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Ann,

I agree, but I just could not get Roger to clean my bike - an I asked many times
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Now I think back on how Roger cleaned his bike each night and I'm thinking maybe he wasn't so crazy after all. Each night we would get to our hotel and he would take 2 garbage cans from the room and put soapy water in one and clean water in the other.

I have to agree with you guys. My trailer looked just like Ann's; I did the coin-op car wash (but didn't spend so much) because I was afraid people wouldn't even see the rig as I was going down the road in Canada. It was becoming the same color as the country-side! I'm still finding Alaska dirt in nooks and crannies on my Spyder and trailer.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Dirtiest after trailering Brand New

The dirtiest my Bike ever got was just after I bought it November 2014. Trailered the bike home over 300 miles in an ice storm in Texas. Thought I never was going to get it clean again.
    2016 RTS Special Triple Black, BRP Freedom Trailer, Spyder Pops Rear Lighting Kit, Spyder Pops Full view Turn Signals, Trunk Light, Rivco Highway Pegs. Doc's Spring Tensioners, Trunk Organizer, Magic Mirrors, Foam Grips, back to Stock Windsheild, Lamonsters cat delete, Bajaron sway bar, More Farkles to come !!

Spyder Garage

I think I might be fanaticall about cleaning my spyder but every time it is ridden it is washed. Even my car,bought new, 1985 Mercedes Benz grand touring sport coup could get washed several times between uses if it collects dust in the garage. Crazy, could be but I do enjoy it.
    Roger
    2012 RT Limited
    Vertika Floor boards
    Painted rear fender & dash
    Carbon fiber panels
    Utopia back rest
    Baker air wings
    Elka shocks and relocaters
    CB radio
    ISO hand grips
    Tric LED fender light
    Turn signal lights in mirrors

Spyder Garage

Default Fortunately this did not happen to me, but

A touring group I belong to was on a ride near Sequoia Natl Park and got stuck behind a cattle drive going down the highway. They tried to dodge the cow pies, unsuccessfully . They said the "stuff" was flying everywhere. Now 3 years later they are still finding "stuff" in the nooks and crannies of their bikes and trailers.

2015 Spyder RT-S
    2008 Honda Goldwing
    2004 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    We had taken the old Highway 14 last summer out of Gillette Wyoming on our way West to Sheridan and hit about 20 miles of torn up pavement when a thunderstorm hit us. The Spyders were tracking sidway half the time in the mud , sometimes we had to get off and push through the mud, then climb back on. We thought we had it bad untill we were about half way through and ran on to a group of Harleyseading to Sturgis, When we got out the other side about 10 miles down the road we got hit by another thunder storm that dumped enough rain that almost completly cleaned the bikes off, We foungd a car wash in Sheridan and finished cleaning the bikes and we hosed each other off. FUN TIMES !
    Hit a forest rat near Arvada on my Harley coming back from Sturgis in 2009. Didn't go down but did about $1000 damage. Still was able to ride home though!
    No mud, just deer blood!!!

Neil
    Last edited by SpyderNeil; 10-27-2015 at 04:53 PM.
    2020 Harley Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2017 F3-T SE6 White / BRP Backrest / Nuvi 58 LM / Polaris Spring Spacers / CALSCI 22" Shield
    2016 RTE6 , Black