Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I Appreciate what you are saying but I don't think the venue was an issue at all. Robbinsville is great but I much prefer the more isolated and beautiful surroundings of Fontana. I know a lot of people stayed in Robbinsville and commuted but I loved my room at Fontana. I have done stayed there many times and will definetley stay there again. The breakfast bar did suck though.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderwoman View Post
    I usually try to stay out of all negative postings about people/events but I do have to chime in on this one. Chef you are spot on about the SITS events. I loved meeting all the people, loved the weather and great riding but the event organizer scammed a lot of people out of money. BRP gave this man $10000 to help out with this event and he probably made a good $7000 or more for the entertainment tickets he made us buy to get the "free meal" ticket from BRP. In case you were not there the 4 man band supposedly backed out at the last minute...yet he could not give us a refund because he is filing a lawsuit against the band. Slim Shady he is! All I can say is shame on him for claiming to be all God like and then steal money from good people such as the Spyder community. Don't let this one event keep you from others. I've been to a lot since 2008 and have never been disappointed with the organization until this one. There are good, hard working people out there, such as Lamont, that does events for the love of the product and the people who buy them. I would shoot an email to BRP and let them know how we were scammed and I even filed a dispute with Paypal. I doubt if I get my money back, but if enough of us bother Paypal, maybe they will at least remove his business from their services.

I believe this says it all. It would be hard for any event to fail in that area of the country. I'm so sad people are feeling duped out of their money and expectations in what should have and could have been a memorable event. After Larry's other event earlier in the Spring I can't say I'm surprised. Please, to those of you who attended a rally for this first time, this is not normal at any other rally or event. Don't judge future events on this experience.

Spyder Garage

We went last year and had a fabulous time - because we hung out with current and new GOS friends, didn't attend any over priced events and had our meals in the restaurant - just like Larry. Mmmmhmmm, while his guests were outside freezing and eating overpriced Taco's he was inside the restaurant enjoying a nice warm meal with a group of his friends. No, we won't attend any functions he's associated with but we sure had fun with with our GOS buddies ...
    Last edited by JacqueTanis; 10-27-2015 at 01:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

Poor Larry. Ride leaders DID show up; I was one of them. We did lead Thursday's ride. He probably got his drawers in a wad because we couldn't lead every ride. Regina's bike desperately needed alignment, so that is what we did Friday morning. My sister Regina is taking over the rally, but because Larry 'owns' so many website names, we have to think of a new one. That's another thing - he wanted Gina to 'buy him out'. That's something else that he is probably pissed about. That was a big no. I really could not think of what she would get for her money, and neither could anyone else. Maybe a few jackets?

We might suck at this. We might suck badly. But we don't want to make one darned dime, and we will improve with experience.

You know, I have tried and tried to give Larry the benefit of the doubt, and have been nice to him despite the money irregularities (I figured that I could choose what I would pay for), but him saying that NO ride leaders showed, after we led a ride that neither of us had been on, and him wanting money for this proposition, I am done. We actually found out that the rally was being 'given' to Gina when everyone else did. Later, she was asked for money, and to lay a little guilt trip on her, he said that he would leave the amount to be paid between her and god. Yep, I am done.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SpyderDuck; 10-27-2015 at 04:49 PM.

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Let me know how I can help

With 30 years of hotel, event planning and foodservice experience, I am sure I can contribute in some way. Thanks for responding to my post. Thanks to everyone! Great group! Can't wait to meet more of you.
    Greg Gorgone
    Franklin, TN
    gpg28712@gmail.com
    828-708-2681

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDuck View Post
    Screw Larry. Ride leaders DID show up; I was one of them. We did lead Thursday's ride. He probably got his drawers in a wad because we couldn't lead every ride. Regina's bike desperately needed alignment, so that is what we did Friday morning. My sister Regina is taking over the rally, but because Larry 'owns' so many website names, we have to think of a new one. That's another thing - he wanted Gina to 'buy him out'. That's something else that he is probably pissed about. That was a big hell no.

We might suck at this. We might suck bad. But we don't want to make one darned dime, and we will improve with experience.

That is awesome!! You need to start a new thread and ask for names!! And completely divorce Larry from everything. In fact, he should be banned from any further events. Kathy and I are excited that Regina is taking over!! Again, offer her our help in any way we can!! I think that as long as Count Larry aka "Vendor Vampire" is out of the picture, the event there will still be successful, regardless of what it's called.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I have mostly stopped POSTING....However - for this ...I ALMOST went to it....but after reading the " fine print " and remembering that this was the same person who Engineered the " MYRTLE BEACH " fiasco. I decided not to.. And I'm very glad I didn't because after what you and others have said .....my fears were verified I hope BRP gets the reviews on this failure " EVENT "..............Don't be turned off by this experience, it is definitely not the NORM...........and I hope in the future Lamont refuses all advertising of anything this individual promotes....... jmho ..Mike
    I've been refusing him for 5 years now. He's been booted off this site under various names for this very reason and more. I'm sorry some did not have a good time but you got to love the riding in that area and the Spyder owners who show up apart from the event.

My BBQ was tied into the events in this area and the last BBQ we had at my place fed 650 people and there was no charge, all donations. I was just asked to promote another event there next year but it would be hard not living there now but I am considering it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDuck View Post
    Poor Larry. Ride leaders DID show up; I was one of them. We did lead Thursday's ride. He probably got his drawers in a wad because we couldn't lead every ride. Regina's bike desperately needed alignment, so that is what we did Friday morning. My sister Regina is taking over the rally, but because Larry 'owns' so many website names, we have to think of a new one. That's another thing - he wanted Gina to 'buy him out'. That's something else that he is probably pissed about. That was a big no. I really could not think of what she would get for her money, and neither could anyone else. Maybe a few jackets?

We might suck at this. We might suck badly. But we don't want to make one darned dime, and we will improve with experience.

You know, I have tried and tried to give Larry the benefit of the doubt, and have been nice to him despite the money irregularities (I figured that I could choose what I would pay for), but him saying that NO ride leaders showed, after we led a ride that neither of us had been on, and him wanting money for this proposition, I am done. We actually found out that the rally was being 'given' to Gina when everyone else did. Later, she was asked for money, and to lay a little guilt trip on her, he said that he would leave the amount to be paid between her and god. Yep, I am done.

I wish you the best of success, as Lamont said it is hard to have an event fail in such an awesome area for riding. Just as Spyderfest has the MOGang you need to recruit a TN/NCGang to help you with your event.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Although work often gets in the way, I will help how ever I can Lamont
    Last edited by pwm; 10-27-2015 at 07:33 PM.
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pwm View Post
    Although work often gets in the way, I will help how ever I can Lamont
    Thanks. I still have three boys that live near by so that would be another good excuse for doing it. We did have a some great times

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Exactly, you were never asked for any money because you didn't attend his event, you attended the event that arose from other's experiences last year.
    I don't understand the above statement. I attended what was announced as a free spyder event that was held in my area. As I see it, if there was an official dinner or something there could be a charge, but I am not about that anyway. So, with anything else, look before you leap and things will work out. Sorry this situation got you so upset. BTW, did you even attend?
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Thanks. I still have three boys that live near by so that would be another good excuse for doing it. We did have a some great times
    I didn't get my spyder until september of 2014, but after meeting and talking to you for the brief while in maggie valley this past june, I am sure any event you put together will be a success. Even though I am in the middle of the state, I would help any way I physically can to make the event a success.
    BTW, thanks again for letting me test out your F3.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

That's another thing - he wanted Gina to 'buy him out'.

The nerve of him. But not surprising.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

I am so pleased to hear that people are offering to help in organizing another event in the Smokies. Count me in. I live in Maggie Valley during the summer and fall months so I am very familiar with the area, the great rides, and its ammentities.

Spyder Garage

When someone gives their 'testimony' and then minutes later for the lame hairy man contest, ask the ladies to remove their shirts, that just showed me he's not what he said he was.
    Somehow I ended up with two each of the concert and dinner tickets for Saturday night? His website for the event was not computer dummy proof and confusing.
    The vendors were nice but then I don't go to buy stuff but to see the area and do some riding.
    The prices asked for lodging at the event were way above what I was willing to pay. I stayed at the Tumbling Waters Campground about 19 miles away. I looked forward to returning to the campground each day/night to socialize with the other campers. My heated cabin was $40 a night too. I plan to return and stay there sometime soon when they open back up next Spring. Great bunch of folks I met there and that run the place!
    I was pretty disappointed with the event but went ONLY because BRP was supposed to be there? The BRP reb bain out early we were told.
    Because I had a registration number under a certain number, I got a BRP Event pin for the event.
    I was told that the guy in charge ran a poor event but I took a chance anyway. I won't pay to attend that event again.

Spyder Garage

Default Soap box.

We are Tarheels in North Carolina. This means we stick to it. I know if Gina calls any of us,. we will step up and as Larry says "Git er done". See ya'll.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thank You

Chef G's backseat driver here. Your comments support the main thing we left the Smokey Weekend with - what a great bunch of people! The weather, the rides, and the friendly folks - we couldn't have asked for better - and those memories will last far longer than.....what was his name again? A big shout out to Dan and Marcia for taking the reins and leading a large Motley crew on some gorgeous rides. Chef G and I are looking forward to meeting more of you as this adventure unfolds. Thanks so much.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SITS

Thanks Lamont for chiming in here. I attended two of Lamonts BBQ's before he left TN and I can honestly say they were so much fun. I have made life long friends from those BBQs. I hope you can manage another BBQ in the area. I bet you would have more help than you can imagine.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    We are Tarheels in North Carolina. This means we stick to it. I know if Gina calls any of us,. we will step up and as Larry says "Git er done". See ya'll.
    That's right. Count us in.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Default Lamont event

If Lamont puts on any kind of event in the area you can bet I'll be there . His BBQ's were the best . Met a LOT of fun people and had some real good rides . I was really disappointed when he moved away . Anywhere in the Greenville or Maggie Valley area would be great .........absolutely some of the greatest spyder roads to ride. Me and a friend spent a week in the area this past summer and are already planning a trip this summer ......another event would be a good reason to go twice.

Spyder Garage

Default In as well

You can count me in as well.

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The tone, tempo and topics on forum environments seldom disappoint my interests and sometimes warped curiosities. . What does consistently disappoint me is the all too frequent public attacks on people. Sadly, this thread may be the "best" example yet.
    I'm knowledgeable of the topic to the degree I registered to attend, but a situation on the Homefront precluded it. As a registrant, I received the emails, event materials, etc..
    What I don't know is any of the details concerning the behind the scene activities that went into planning SITS. I dare say few, if anyone, has any information of those details. Yet, some posters have , as I interpret their words, made allegations of intentional deception and "theft" and/or "unfair" financial gain at the expense of the attendees and even BRP.
    In my opinion, such comments are rather serious. The dissatisfaction at one or more of the aspects of the event may be true and heartfelt. But, to use a forum thread to accuse the promoter of such deeds without facts and figures to fully back them up is flat out wrong and repugnant.
    The event may have been poorly planned and or executed, some folks may be disgruntled, some might be unhappy with any given part, but nowhere do I read evidence remotely proving the allegations..
    I am not making light of anyone's feelings, nor am I taking sides. I am saying
    Allegations made out of frustration, unhappiness or otherwise, without knowledge and facts, are patently unfair and in today's society maybe even litigious.

Sent from my little piece of paradise!
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tofriendscreek View Post
    The tone, tempo and topics on forum environments seldom disappoint my interests and sometimes warped curiosities. . What does consistently disappoint me is the all too frequent public attacks on people. Sadly, this thread may be the "best" example yet.
    I'm knowledgeable of the topic to the degree I registered to attend, but a situation on the Homefront precluded it. As a registrant, I received the emails, event materials, etc..
    What I don't know is any of the details concerning the behind the scene activities that went into planning SITS. I dare say few, if anyone, has any information of those details. Yet, some posters have , as I interpret their words, made allegations of intentional deception and "theft" and/or "unfair" financial gain at the expense of the attendees and even BRP.
    In my opinion, such comments are rather serious. The dissatisfaction at one or more of the aspects of the event may be true and heartfelt. But, to use a forum thread to accuse the promoter of such deeds without facts and figures to fully back them up is flat out wrong and repugnant.
    The event may have been poorly planned and or executed, some folks may be disgruntled, some might be unhappy with any given part, but nowhere do I read evidence remotely proving the allegations..
    I am not making light of anyone's feelings, nor am I taking sides. I am saying
    Allegations made out of frustration, unhappiness or otherwise, without knowledge and facts, are patently unfair and in today's society maybe even litigious.

Sent from my little piece of paradise!
    I don't have all the details, of course. I am sure it is quite an undertaking.

But, there were discontented murmurs about something Saturday night, and as just about everything he said was a bit of a shock, I can't remember what the issue was, but he flat out told the crowd that they could take the problem up with Gina. Somebody here will probably remember the details. Nobody approached her about it, so they were probably just as shocked as we were that he was so ready to throw her under the bus. AND he wanted her to pay for the privilege. That infuriated me.

She has been wanting to do something with the Spyder community for a long time, but refrained because she didn't want to step on anyone's toes. So, when Larry decided to step down, she thought it would be a good opportunity for her to step in and follow her dream. I am behind her 100%, so although this is her show, we are in this together. There is nothing she loves more than our Spyder community and it's comraderie. She wants everyone to have a good time, and will knock herself out to accomplish that. On her behalf, I want to thank everyone who wants to help, and I am sure that we will be calling on you when the time comes.

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)