Spyder Garage

Default Newbie in the f3 market needs help with mods

I am enjoying my new f3s just as I expected and just started modifying it. Nothing major so far just the aggressive handlebars and the harness for the battery tender to avoid having to change the battery like I did with my first spyder Sts when it went dead . So far so good but I have some questions for upcoming mods and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1) I love the look and height of the blue ridge windshield and Riding without a shield is brutal. My question is given that I have the aggressive handlebars would the blue ridge windshield be ok given that with those handlebars the riding position is lower as far as my torso and upper body goes? Also I saw a company that offers tinted replicas . How do tinted windshields stack up at night as far as visibility is concerned?

2) I hate the look of the rear fender on the f3. It is too bulky in my opinion. I am looking into removing it and just having the license plate relocated to under the passenger seat. Does anybody know of any website or any license plate set that I can use and that is easy to install with no major modifications?

3) I have a white f3s and I love the two tone paint color against the orange frame color. I believe the front trunk should have been black from the factory but then again that's just my opinion. Lol. I am definitely thinking about changing the color of the trunk to black , my only concern is I don't want to have it painted like I had done with my previous Sts just in case I decide to trade/ sell it . I am looking for a place that offers great wrapping vynil products. I would like to try that first before trying to paint it. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

4) and last but not least the stereo system. I am definitely pleased with the reviews I've read about the shark sound system. My only concern is the subwoofer they offer on their site. I am looking into getting the 1400 watt system and not sure if I should get the subwoofer they are offering on their site . So my question is ... Does anybody have the subwoofer installed on their bike and if they do how does it sound? Is is a good product or should I look for another alternative as far as the subwoofer is concerned?

I know there are lots of info out there and that maybe somebody might have already asked the same exact questions. I did look all over the web and I noticed that so far there are limited products for the f3's and I always like to ask people who tried the products rather than go with what the manufacturer of the product states. With that said... I appreciate any help or assistance in this matter. Thanks

Spyder Garage

can't answer other than #3 on your hit parade: Wrap my Spyder will fit the bill for color or other changes in appearance you might want to make. Sponsor on the site also. Go to home and scroll through the sponsors. Pete will take care of you
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    can't answer other than #3 on your hit parade: Wrap my Spyder will fit the bill for color or other changes in appearance you might want to make. Sponsor on the site also. Go to home and scroll through the sponsors. Pete will take care of you
    Thanks!! I will check them out

Spyder Garage

I'm new to the F3 also. Got the black and chrome one. about 6 weeks ago. Thinking about adding some red stripes and ground effect / wheel lighting. There's a previous post about grill painting too. Definitely need a radio though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Newbie in the f3 market needs help with mods

I have the SHK7800 amp (1400 watts) installed in the frunk with 2 X 300 watt shark bullet speakers and don't feel the need for the subwoofer they offer. I use the wired remote and generally Bluetooth my Iphone6 plus to the amp as my music source.
    I think you should look into the Madstad adjustable windshield as their bracket offers me the perfect place to mount my IPhone above the dash for GPS use also. [url]Www.madstad.com. I don't know your height but most males have posted dissatisfaction with the Blueridge OEM shield as too short. There are now several options over the BRP offerings. Good luck.

Last edited by Blickdave; 10-25-2015 at 10:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

Wait until BRP releases the new 2016 accessories. They will have a rear fender available and it's just the way you describe what you're looking for.

http://www.publications.brp.com/doc/...2015090101/#76
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ttuswtut View Post
    I'm new to the F3 also. Got the black and chrome one. about 6 weeks ago. Thinking about adding some red stripes and ground effect / wheel lighting. There's a previous post about grill painting too. Definitely need a radio though.

congrats on the new bike. The black and chrome was my first choice but after further thinking I decided to go with the white one just because of the vision I had in mind of what I wanted to do to it . There are lots of things that I would love to do to it it's just a matter of finding the time and the money to get it done lol.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HIspyder View Post
    Wait until BRP releases the new 2016 accessories. They will have a rear fender available and it's just the way you describe what you're looking for.

http://www.publications.brp.com/doc/...2015090101/#76
    That is definitely what I want of course minus the crazy ass price lol but most likely that is justified because that way I won't have to worry about getting all wet especially in fl where it rains almost every day. Thanks again for the update.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blickdave View Post
    I have the SHK7800 amp (1400 watts) installed in the frunk with 2 X 300 watt shark bullet speakers and don't feel the need for the subwoofer they offer. I use the wired remote and generally Bluetooth my Iphone6 plus to the amp as my music source.
    I think you should look into the Madstad adjustable windshield as their bracket offers me the perfect place to mount my IPhone above the dash for GPS use also. [url]Www.madstad.com. I don't know your height but most males have posted dissatisfaction with the Blueridge OEM shield as too short. There are now several options over the BRP offerings. Good luck.

I am 5'11" and I really like the brp windshield look. I looked at the madstad and I definitely don't like the lines. I am almost sure that the blue ridge will be fine because even when I had my Sts I rarely had it all the way up. I had it always set to the lowest point and it did the job. I don't mind a little bit of wind. As for the shark system I guess I will start with the speakers first and see where I go from there. After all I can add the subwoofer in case I need more bass. Thanks for the input. Greatly appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Samir221 View Post
    I am 5'11" and I really like the brp windshield look. I looked at the madstad and I definitely don't like the lines. I am almost sure that the blue ridge will be fine because even when I had my Sts I rarely had it all the way up. I had it always set to the lowest point and it did the job. I don't mind a little bit of wind. As for the shark system I guess I will start with the speakers first and see where I go from there. After all I can add the subwoofer in case I need more bass. Thanks for the input. Greatly appreciated.
    I am also 5'-11" and the BR is horrible. It will direct the wind straight into your face and the wind buffeting in your ears will drive you crazy. I initially added an Xcreen which worked great but have since replaced it and the BR with a new windshield from Bikescreens.com. They will sell you a windshield that uses the OEM BR mounting brackets.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...led-Windsheild Check out this thread. The Bikescreen windshield maintains the same "lines" as the BR.

Rick
    Last edited by stebrock; 10-25-2015 at 11:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stebrock View Post
    I am also 5'-11" and the BR is horrible. It will direct the wind straight into your face and the wind buffeting in your ears will drive you crazy. I initially added an Xcreen which worked great but have since replaced it and the BR with a new windshield from Bikescreens.com. They will sell you a windshield that uses the OEM BR mounting brackets.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...led-Windsheild Check out this thread. The Bikescreen windshield maintains the same "lines" as the BR.

Rick
    i did look at those windshields. I like the fact that they offer tinted ones along with being able to order different sizes. my only issue is I do not have the hardware for it. I also had a question about the tinted ones. Are they ok for evening rides as far as visibility?
    Thanks

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Samir221 View Post
    i did look at those windshields. I like the fact that they offer tinted ones along with being able to order different sizes. my only issue is I do not have the hardware for it. I also had a question about the tinted ones. Are they ok for evening rides as far as visibility?
    Thanks
    You don't ride looking through the windshield. Most I've owned, your eyes are just above the top. The tint is more for looks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Re: A sub-woofer as part of a bike audio system. If you intend to listen to the system
    principally while on the move then IMHO a sub is a waste of money. Bass frequencies
    just won't be sufficiently audible at normal riding speeds. The mid range and treble is all you will hear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    Re: A sub-woofer as part of a bike audio system. If you intend to listen to the system
    principally while on the move then IMHO a sub is a waste of money. Bass frequencies
    just won't be sufficiently audible at normal riding speeds. The mid range and treble is all you will hear.
    Thanks