Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Many good thoughts going out from us two for a speedy recovery for your wife.

Rog n Deb

Spyder Garage

Default Catalogs

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Glad to hear that she's making progress...
    If you can get her the 2016 Spyder, and 2016 Accessory catalogs; I bet that she'll heal even faster!!
    Bob we just got the accessory catalog and been looking at the website, we will e back to the dealer as they start coming in, they sold out their 2015 stock. Will be completely healed by riding season!
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

glad to hear it wasnt worse and good luck on the spyder shopping !!!!

Spyder Garage

So glad to hear your wife is doing well. This is the second group riding accident i have heard about in as many weeks. One here in town resulted in a death of a rider... I agree with what someone posted earlier....the group is only as good as its weakest rider. I don't like group rides for this very reason. Your reaction distance is GREATLY reduced and in case of a crisis, it leaves few options. Your wife was very lucky and thank goodness for good riding gear. Good luck on the Spyder shopping
    Jonny
    Jonny
    2013 Spyder RT Limited
    • TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Light
    • Spyderpops Bumpskid with TricLED LED kit
    • GloRyder Wheel Lights
    • Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    • Corbin Arm Rests
    • TricLED Turn Signals

Spyder Garage

Default Safe Group Riding

Glad you survived. All group rides should follow the safe distance rule ...... 3 to 5 seconds behind anything in front of you!

Thanks for listning. Heal fast!

r

Spyder Garage

Default Further Update

Turns out that the shoulder was worse than originally thought and she had reconstructive surgery Feb 11, she spent 8 weeks in a sling, and finally got out of that the beginning of the month a week early and began Physical therapy. She is progressing well and she will actually finish that May 5th about 2 weeks early. She has been riding passenger for about a month now and went on a 200 mile ride recently with no issues. Once cleared by the doc she will do some driving of the spyder and we will see this year how it will affect the shoulder before investing money. She can't wait for the Deadwood 3 wheel rally!
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

Spyder Garage

Default My prayers

My prayers for a quick and full recovery. She sounds like one tough trooper.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update, I would have thought the pelvis would have taken the longest to recover from, hang in there you both are troopers !

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post
    Turns out that the shoulder was worse than originally thought and she had reconstructive surgery Feb 11, she spent 8 weeks in a sling, and finally got out of that the beginning of the month a week early and began Physical therapy. She is progressing well and she will actually finish that May 5th about 2 weeks early. She has been riding passenger for about a month now and went on a 200 mile ride recently with no issues. Once cleared by the doc she will do some driving of the spyder and we will see this year how it will affect the shoulder before investing money. She can't wait for the Deadwood 3 wheel rally!
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Spyder Garage

The best of thoughts going out to your wife and yourself.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update - sure hope she comes through this with no residual issues.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzplayer2014 View Post
    I'm happy to hear everyone survived the incident I'm sorry you wife was injured but she sound as though she is already on the mend,. Give her something to look forward to aid in speedy recovery...fix her bike, replace her helmet, and any damage riding gear.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Jazzplayer2014
    2014 RT Limited
    Heated Seats
    Vented Windshield
    SM10 Headset
    SM10 (Bluetooth Dongle)

Spyder Garage

Default Glad she is on the mend

My wife Lori and i are glad that your wife is on the mend, being new riders ourselves this sounds pretty scary. We also are going to the Trike rally in Deadwood this summer for our first long ride so mayby we might meet you guys at that event. Take care you two be safe. Craig & Lori Sager
    Bad news is the bike is totaled, not replacing it with another 2 wheeler. Good news is that it's replacement will be a spyder. Patti is showing improvement daily and in another month may be using a cane instead of crutches or walker. After looking at damage to the side of the modular we became believers in a full face or good modular helmet. A few more weeks of physical therapy should improve things greatly. Thanks everyone for the prayers and kind words, what a great bunch of folks spyder owners are! P.S. we ARE riding to the Deadwood 3 wheel rally this coming July!

Spyder Garage

Default Oh Crap Moment

Quote Originally Posted by threefingers2 View Post
    My wife Lori and i are glad that your wife is on the mend, being new riders ourselves this sounds pretty scary. We also are going to the Trike rally in Deadwood this summer for our first long ride so mayby we might meet you guys at that event. Take care you two be safe. Craig & Lori Sager
    Thanks, your bike is distinctive so it will be easy to look for, most of our rides have been less than 300 miles so this will be our first long trip as well, we aren't pushing it and allowed several days each way for going over and back from what appears to be one awsum event from what I have seen thus far. Patti is doing good, has driven the spyder around the block with no observed issues and goes in May 6th for PT re-evaluation and looks like may be done with that, May 23rd she sees the ortho doc and should be released to normal activity. The remainder of this year will be used to let her drive the one we have to see if it will cause issues, if not we will get another spyder in the spring to replace her totalled 2-wheeler. I like the distinctive looks of your bike and was tastefully done, ours is fairly distinctive as well so hopefully we will meet up.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Meet up in Deadwood.

I like the distinctive looks of your bike and was tastefully done, ours is fairly distinctive as well so hopefully we will meet up.

Mine isn't all that distinctive; plain black with a couple of stickers here and there. I still hope to meet up with both of you in Deadwood. Somebody should set a meeting place....
    ~Sandee~

(PS - Sounds like some good mending is going on. Keep it up!)

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

Wow, "oh crap" sounds like an understatement! So glad your wife got away with bumps and bruises, but alive and will be ok! Praying for a full recovery for her.
    2015 Spyder F3-S SM6

Spyder Garage

Default Oh Crap Moment-Released

Thanks, your bike is distinctive so it will be easy to look for, most of our rides have been less than 300 miles so this will be our first long trip as well, we aren't pushing it and allowed several days each way for going over and back from what appears to be one awsum event from what I have seen thus far. Patti is doing good, has driven the spyder around the block with no observed issues and goes in May 6th for PT re-evaluation and looks like may be done with that, May 23rd she sees the ortho doc and should be released to normal activity. The remainder of this year will be used to let her drive the one we have to see if it will cause issues, if not we will get another spyder in the spring to replace her totalled 2-wheeler. I like the distinctive looks of your bike and was tastefully done, ours is fairly distinctive as well so hopefully we will meet up.
    Had the ortho doc appt this morning for the shoulder evaluation, he is satisfied with the shoulder after testing and released Patti back to normal activity including driving the spyder. She goes back in, June 6th for eval on the pelvis as one fracture hasn't completely fused, the rest have. If it was a 2 wheeler she couldn't operate a bike yet with the weight limits on the left side lifting the bike off the kickstand would put too much pressure on, with the spyder there isn't that issue. We will see how the trip to Deadwood goes, then look at either a 2017 or a 2016 carryover.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Oh Crap Moment-Released

Update to last years MC accident, 2 of the 4 breaks to the pelvis did not heal. One just has to have pins in it and the other has enough separation that a plate has to be put in. She goes in this coming monday exactly 1 year after the accident on the same Date, October 17th. We did manage to ride to Deadwood this summer for the 3 wheel rally and had a blast, however it was not without pain. At least we can get this done over the winter in hopes for another riding season. This next year won't include any rallies as medical expenses are adding up but we will manage. Good news is she has one of the best surgeons in this field in the Northwest so thats a plus. For those that may be new to the forum, my wife was involved in a motorcycle accident last Oct 17th that left her with a broken pelvis in 4 places, a shoulder that required surgery to put back together and badly bruised knee and other abrasions etc. She ended up losing her job and benefits when FMLA ran out and is unable to work. Anyway we are looking forward to riding again in the spring however 2 wheelers are a thing of the past.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,

Spyder Garage

Default get well

Soon - I pray.

Spyder Garage

I didn't see this anywhere but then haven't read this thread real close in a long time. Was there any settlement from the rider who hit your wife?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

wow a year has gone by , hope she is pretty mobile , and the she hasn`t turned into a weather person , { colder weather aches pains of old guys like us } you guys are troopers , give-um hell , and have fun while you can !

Spyder Garage

Default Oh Crap Moment

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I didn't see this anywhere but then haven't read this thread real close in a long time. Was there any settlement from the rider who hit your wife?
    It hasn't went to court yet, her lawyers are fighting it. Now it will be after the 1st of the year sometime before it goes, have not gotten a difinitive date yet but we have a strong case. It will be a couple of months before she is physically able to even go.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,