GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Break Failure orange

Help
    I'm getting a brakes failure orange light. The brakes seem work fine.
    Brakes fluid seem to be ok.

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ruthie View Post
    Help
    I'm getting a brakes failure orange light. The brakes seem work fine.
    Brakes fluid seem to be ok.
    Ruthie

Brake failure light generally means low fluid, even if it is a teaspoon low it could trigger the warning sensor. Be sure to fill it with "DOT 4" fluid and make sure the arrow on the brake fluid reservoir caps are pointing up (towards the rear of the bike) after you fill them. As you ride your spyder and the brakes wear down a little bit it takes more fluid to activate them.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks. Picked DOT 4 today and will fill the reservoirs tomorrow

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Spyder Garage

Be sure to clean any trash away from the caps before you open them to prevent any contamination getting into the reservoir.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I found that by using an eyedropper to add fluid; I'm better able to NOT make a mess out of everything...
    (The stuff is pretty caustic, and will ruin the paint!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

They got you covered. Most of the time, it is low fluid. A small amount fixes the orange screen.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The system is pretty fussy; six drops low, and the light seems to come on...

Spyder Garage

If adding the fluid does not clear the warning. Pull the code and let us know. We can help diagnose further.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Getting the same orange screen on my 2014 RT LTD. Would only pop up after going for a ride, turn it off, start it up again after 5 or so minutes. Never while riding & using the brakes. Took it in & dealer did two updates on it & thought they would stop the orange screen. They did not, as upon riding 35 miles, not getting it while using brakes, I got home shut it down, waited 5 minutes, started it up & there is was again displayed. Did not get any error codes. Even on BUDS when the dealer hooked her up & checked for them. Dealer recommended adding brake fluid if necessary and see if I get it again. DOT 4 only, let him know the results.. Will try that in the next couple of days if I get a minute. Brake fluid does not look low to me but will add a little to see if it fixes the problem.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As I said previously; pick yourself up an eyedropper... you can be very precise, and mess-free!
    Good luck!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    As I said previously; pick yourself up an eyedropper... you can be very precise, and mess-free!
    Good luck!
    Hi Bob, and thank you. I am experiencing this and made a short video for the visual learners like myself.

JW. Metro Atlanta. 2012 RT SE-5, TircLed mirror turn signals, run/turn saddlebag lights, ring of fire, and fender tip lights, ShowChrome backrest,chrome (wide) foot pegs, SpyderPops spyclops, A-arm LED's, JT's USB Port, Digital Voltmeter ( Ebay) and Performance Powersports Scoops.

Spyder Garage

hey j-w thanks for the tube video , the inside floats { I think that is what they are ? } the front one is loose as mine is , the one in back is that one suppose too be as loose as the front one ? I noticed on the vid , that the back one isn`t so movable { as mine is like yours , doesn`t move , or doesn`t move easy , I did not force it ... as not too break it } thanks