Thread: Broke in N.C.

Spyder Garage

Default Broke in N.C.

Anyone know what a tri-pulley is on a 2015 F3-S? Mines in the shop and that is the suspect, it was down shifting and shuddered and quit pulling..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It wasn't the front drive pulley; was it?
    Good Luck! Please let us know what they find!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know..!!

If your on an sm or se. From the explanation sounds like a semi auto se. Quick look on the part list I didn't see that part listed. Would assume it is in the actuator or internal gear shifting or clutch system. Did they give you more or just a name..??
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well if your Spyder needs replacement parts, good luck, there aren’t any. Still waiting on my water pump for my F3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    If your on an sm or se. From the explanation sounds like a semi auto se. Quick look on the part list I didn't see that part listed. Would assume it is in the actuator or internal gear shifting or clutch system. Did they give you more or just a name..??
    Just tri-pulley, motor sounds fine and I can feel it trying to engage, I figure it is the front belt pulley, headed to the dealer now, hopefully I will know soon..SE-6..

Spyder Garage

If gear sounds would be the actuator or shift linkage if chugging slippage would be in the clutch. Could be as simple as a loose pinch bolt on the shift shaft. Let us know what they find...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dreid999 View Post
    Anyone know what a tri-pulley is on a 2015 F3-S? Mines in the shop and that is the suspect, it was down shifting and shuddered and quit pulling..
    UPDATE: Front drive sprocket stripped out at 11,500 miles, whats up BRP? Took me 6 months to get my SADDLEBAGS, hope this is a little faster 2015 F3 6ES...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Yep it was the front pulley stripped, manual calls it a SPROCKET even though it is belt driven...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    Well if your Spyder needs replacement parts, good luck, there aren’t any. Still waiting on my water pump for my F3
    I was told parts are in stock, 4-5 days...if not I am going for a loaner....its fall riding here in the blue ridges....

Spyder Garage

Picked up the SPYDER this morning. Seems tighter and shifting smoother, maybe I just had a bad sprocket to start, will finish the run to Highlands, NC I started and test it out. Down one week and was going through withdrawal pains..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Picked up the SPYDER this morning. Seems tighter and shifting smoother, maybe I just had a bad sprocket to start, will finish the run to Highlands, NC I started and test it out. Down one week and was going through withdrawal pains..

My replacement water pump for my F3 came in also and got it installed Tuesday. 6 weeks wait for my part. You were lucky!!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

all so interested if the shop made any comment on what might have caused your failure. Do you think it is something that might be a problem for future issues for current F3 owners?

Spyder Garage

Default Not the first time

That wasn't the first time I heard of this on the board. The last one had a loose sprocket nut. Maybe it's time we all took a look at our sprockets (pulleys) and checked the nuts for correct torque on a regular basis. It's not hard to do and won't take much time.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Field tested the new front sprocket with a passenger in the GREAT SMOKIES this weekend, everything fine. Seems the shifting might be a little smoother and no lost motion. Also I did not recognize no belt travel as I had before....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Front Sprocket completely stripped out, had noticed belt travel prior, shop said it would settle down. Lot better and less vibration with new sprocket. Belt probably set with new specs, haven't checked tension yet...

Spyder Garage

Cool Exactly the same problem!

UPDATE: Front drive sprocket stripped out at 11,500 miles, whats up BRP? Took me 6 months to get my SADDLEBAGS, hope this is a little faster 2015 F3 6ES...
    Last Saturday, I had exactly the same problem but I was taking off from a traffic light. Engine ran fine, shifted fine, but very little power, lots of noise and slippage. Diagnosis was front sprocket stripped. Parts are available and I pick mine up tomorrow. Of course it's 200 miles away. Nothing ever happens close to,home! I hope we aren't starting an epidemic!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jharpo View Post
    Last Saturday, I had exactly the same problem but I was taking off from a traffic light. Engine ran fine, shifted fine, but very little power, lots of noise and slippage. Diagnosis was front sprocket stripped. Parts are available and I pick mine up tomorrow. Of course it's 200 miles away. Nothing ever happens close to,home! I hope we aren't starting an epidemic!
    How many miles did you have on your F3 when this happened. Maybe at a certain mileage the sprocket gives. Is this something we can check ourselves?

Spyder Garage

Cool Same Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    How many miles did you have on your F3 when this happened. Maybe at a certain mileage the sprocket gives. Is this something we can check ourselves?
    I have a little over 17,000 miles on my F3 with many of them in the mountains of NC and Colorado. A few thousand in my home state of Florida.