Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tag Issues??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Tag Issues??

I went to my Tag office this morning to get a tag. They denied me the tag due to the fact that the Spyder is not on the list of street legal motorcycles in the State of Georgia..... I now have to have Law Enforcement inspect the Syder and fill out an Affidavit stating that it meets all requirements. Has anyone else had this problem?

Spyder Garage

Thats the first time I've heard of that. Do they charge anything extra to do this inspection? Maybe you are the first person in Georgia to own a Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Thats the first time I've heard of that. Do they charge anything extra to do this inspection? Maybe you are the first person in Georgia to own a Spyder.
    That doesn't sound right to me. There are other Georgia riders - here is a link to a recent string (Georgia roll call). Maybe one or more of them could chime in:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=8452

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

As far as I know there are several Spyders in GA. I am waiting for a call back from my dealer to see if they can help me out. As far as charging a fee, they didn't mention one.

Spyder Garage

Numb skulls at DMV. Tipical of dittzy witches working there. At least I took advantage of them because they have no idea what a Spyder is and no blue book value on it either ... so they let me name my own price when I registered a used one. Hahaha
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Director View Post
    That doesn't sound right to me. There are other Georgia riders - here is a link to a recent string (Georgia roll call). Maybe one or more of them could chime in:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=8452

Bruce

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down DMV

I had a simular issue in Mississippi. I stood outside of the door of the clerks office for almost two hours while they checked with the Department of Highway Safety in Mississippi to determine if the State Patrol needed to inspect it for street legal use. I believe the use of the word "roadster" on some titles leaves certain groups to believe it is a modified automobile.

Spyder Garage

i dont think they know what they are talking about.... ask for a supervisor
    SPYDRRR

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for all your input. I went ahead and granted their wishes. I had it inspected and filled out all of the paperwork and got a tag ! Now I can RYYYYD again!! What a pain though.

Spyder Garage

Default girl friend

went for license on spyder in mass the inspector was so intrigued by it he had her run a short course and then talked with her for an hour about bike...
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

We ran into something similar here in Tennessee. I think it's more a matter of knowing how to look it up. They couldn't find it under Can-Am and they couldn't figure out how to spell Bombardier.

Since we'd already had our registered they just gave up, put some generic thing down on the paper and gave us our registrations.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I guess we are really looked after here in CA as the dealers take care of this for you. With all of the vehicles I have bought the dealer has always arranged for the tags, it's a normal part of business.

Spyder Garage

Everytime i go to the DMV i want to jump across the counter and strangle someone. Its just something about that place that makes me lose my cool. I guess I'll be dealing with the same craziness if i buy my there too.

By the way welcome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyGurl View Post
    Everytime i go to the DMV i want to jump across the counter and strangle someone. Its just something about that place that makes me lose my cool. I guess I'll be dealing with the same craziness if i buy my there too.
    I know how you feel. When I go, I just try to pretend I am at the circus. Where else can you see so many clowns for free? Maybe we need T-shirts..."I Survived the DMV!"
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRider2492 View Post
    I guess we are really looked after here in CA as the dealers take care of this for you. With all of the vehicles I have bought the dealer has always arranged for the tags, it's a normal part of business.
    I think it is universal for the dealer to take care of the initial registration. It is the re-registration process where you have to deal with DMV that you run into issues.

My question was, if the vehicle was already registered for 1 year, what is the problem? The problem is that the DMV can't find our Spyder in the list of legal, approved road vehicles. If it isn't authorized by your state to be operated on the street then you can't get registration.

But the Spyder must be on that list or the Dealer would not have been able to register it when you purchased it. So it really boils down to incompetence at the DMV.

But when dealing with the DMV (or government in general) there are 4 important rules that you must keep in mind.

1- If it is your fault you're going to pay dearly.
    2- If it is the Governments fault you are going to pay dearly.
    3- If there is no fault at all you are going to pay dearly.
    4- It is never the governments fault

Don't even ask me what happend when I tried to register my beautiful, slightly used Honda Valkyrie in California!!! You probably would not believe me if I told you anyway.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Hahaha .... it doesn't happen often but I did put the screw to my DMV when I registered my Spyder. Saved 40% on tax simply because they have no clue what it is and don't know what the blue book value is to even put up an argument. Slam dunked them on that one because of their ignorance. Weeeeeeeee
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

'But when dealing with the DMV (or government in general) there are 4 important rules that you must keep in mind.

4- It is never the governments fault'

I agree with you statement above, here is a few items picked from the reviews of some DMV/Goverment staff.

" This employee is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot "

" He would argue with a signpost "

" If he were any more stupid he would have to be watered twice a week"

" If you gave him a penny for his thoughts you would get change "

" If you stand too close to him you can hear the ocean "

" Works well under constant supervision and cornerd like a rat "

" When his IQ reaches 50, he should sell "

" This young lady has delusions of adequacy "

and finally the last two,

" I would not allow this employee to breed "

" I would like to go hunting with him sometime"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigTspyderGA View Post
    I went to my Tag office this morning to get a tag. They denied me the tag due to the fact that the Spyder is not on the list of street legal motorcycles in the State of Georgia..... I now have to have Law Enforcement inspect the Syder and fill out an Affidavit stating that it meets all requirements. Has anyone else had this problem?
    When I registered my Spyder. I took my Certificate of orgin and my Bill of Sale to my local DMV ( Gwinnett Co, Ga.) There is a lady who knows me there, as they are used to registering UNUSUAL motorcycles for me. several Boss Hoss's. I was told as you it wasn't on the list. Boss Hoss isn't also. But the only thing it means to me was I would't have my title in the usual week to 10 days, would take 4 to 6 weeks. IN about a month I had my title. Was given my tag and registration immediatly.

Wayne

Forgot to mention, I was told the same thin when I registered my Honda Rune. there were only 2 to 3 thousand of these made in there 2 years of production. Honda will never tell.
    Last edited by jwfranklin; 01-28-2009 at 06:16 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M2Wild View Post
    Numb skulls at DMV. Tipical of dittzy witches working there. At least I took advantage of them because they have no idea what a Spyder is and no blue book value on it either ... so they let me name my own price when I registered a used one. Hahaha
    To bad you don't live in Kansas.. My daughter just happens to work at the DMV & she didn't have any problem whatsoever in getting my Spyder registered.
    You should hear some of the stories she comes home & tells about the idiots from the other side of the counter.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Talking

'But when dealing with the DMV (or government in general) there are 4 important rules that you must keep in mind.

I agree with you statement above, here is a few items picked from the reviews of some DMV/Goverment staff.

" This employee is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot "

" He would argue with a signpost "

" If he were any more stupid he would have to be watered twice a week"

" If you gave him a penny for his thoughts you would get change "

" If you stand too close to him you can hear the ocean "

" Works well under constant supervision and cornerd like a rat "

" When his IQ reaches 50, he should sell "

" This young lady has delusions of adequacy "

and finally the last two,

" I would not allow this employee to breed "

" I would like to go hunting with him sometime"

Spyder Garage

I'll Amen that Bro!

Spyder Garage

Default ga tags

i did not have any problem at all , not in jonesboro, ga. maybe there are a bunch of knucleheads at your tag office(aka dumb azzezz).

Spyder Garage

New Jersey DMV is like being diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

First park the car in greatest door dinging test area of all time, Then wind ur way inside where u wil be treated as follows...How many people can we divide up into silos so that our counter staff knows nothing of the end to end process just the next (hopfully in sequence) transaction task.If the answer is alot we could have these folks as company all day!

Then we go to the two seniors who ask u what u would like ,you say motorcycle permit ...they say six points of identification. I show them my Federal FAA pilots license which allows them to say two things...!. good ID and @ You must be a risk taker so be very careful on your bike

I then take the written test that is interactive touch screen and by this time in its unwashed week it is rivalling a huge electronically green petri dish that just happens to be mounted on a terminal. My fingers are sacrificed for the cause.

Endure it all knowing that it has been alot worse and that the people that have been putting up with all this are now hitting the road and the pucker factor goes up for the trip home.

The NJDMV..We're Not Happy..Until You're not happy.

How long to spring? did the hog come out and see his shadow.? How much do we pay him to stay in at a super bowl party?

Northramp

Spyder Garage

Now that was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by northramp View Post
    New Jersey DMV is like being diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

First park the car in greatest door dinging test area of all time, Then wind ur way inside where u wil be treated as follows...How many people can we divide up into silos so that our counter staff knows nothing of the end to end process just the next (hopfully in sequence) transaction task.If the answer is alot we could have these folks as company all day!

Then we go to the two seniors who ask u what u would like ,you say motorcycle permit ...they say six points of identification. I show them my Federal FAA pilots license which allows them to say two things...!. good ID and @ You must be a risk taker so be very careful on your bike

I then take the written test that is interactive touch screen and by this time in its unwashed week it is rivalling a huge electronically green petri dish that just happens to be mounted on a terminal. My fingers are sacrificed for the cause.

Endure it all knowing that it has been alot worse and that the people that have been putting up with all this are now hitting the road and the pucker factor goes up for the trip home.

The NJDMV..We're Not Happy..Until You're not happy.

How long to spring? did the hog come out and see his shadow.? How much do we pay him to stay in at a super bowl party?

Northramp
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Default Oregon DMV

Last time I went to the DMV I was instructed to take a number and wait for my turn - Sounds reasonable but I was the only customer in the place.