Thread: Dealers

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Do you know what was done at the 600 miler service? Since the first service on a 2014 RT is not scheduled until 3,000 miles the 600 miler could have been a courtesy service for which the PO paid little or nothing or the PO was given bum scoop and the dealer got unnecessarily into his knickers and charged for service that was not necessary. Look in your operator's guide, page 120, to see what's done in the 3K service, compare it to what was done at 600 and, if you have the proper tools and a little mechanical skill you can do the oil and filter change yourself -- it's not difficult and you'll get hands on experience tinkering with your Spyder. There are numerous threads here about doing it and Shawn Smoak has a very explanatory two part video on doing it.

If you inquire of several dealers you should get estimates of $225 - $280 (high IMO) for the 3K service with $250 being a reasonable median. Mine was $248.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Do you know what was done at the 600 miler service? Since the first service on a 2014 RT is not scheduled until 3,000 miles the 600 miler could have been a courtesy service for which the PO paid little or nothing or the PO was given bum scoop and the dealer got unnecessarily into his knickers and charged for service that was not necessary. Look in your operator's guide, page 120, to see what's done in the 3K service, compare it to what was done at 600 and, if you have the proper tools and a little mechanical skill you can do the oil and filter change yourself -- it's not difficult and you'll get hands on experience tinkering with your Spyder. There are numerous threads here about doing it and Shawn Smoak has a very explanatory two part video on doing it.

If you inquire of several dealers you should get estimates of $225 - $280 (high IMO) for the 3K service with $250 being a reasonable median. Mine was $248.
    The PO had purchased 4 pre-paid services with mountain motorsports in Marietta Ga. I found the 600 mile service paperwork. Just says 4 seadoo oil and filter for $70.95 and 600 mile service for $260. For a total of $345.95. So when should I do the next service?
    And SEMPER FI