Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Is the F3 a sales success?

I have been looking around for sales figures with no luck. The more units sold the better for owners. I also wonder if other manufacturers have taken notice of the three wheel phenomenon.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Keep looking...!!

And if you find any data please post it here...not much is public I guess, the only thing I have seen is that they reached the 100,000 units sold mark but not even a break down...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

http://www.brp.com/en-us/company/new...r-2015-results

No sales numbers, but the figures for 'year round products' are interesting.

Spyder Garage

Default Jay Leno

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    And if you find any data please post it here...not much is public I guess, the only thing I have seen is that they reached the 100,000 units sold mark but not even a break down...
    Didn't they give Jay Leno the first Spyder built and 100,000 thousandth Spyder built? Sure I read something about this recently, but I could be totally wrong.
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know..!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren111 View Post
    Didn't they give Jay Leno the first Spyder built and 100,000 thousandth Spyder built? Sure I read something about this recently, but I could be totally wrong.
    Do know he got the first one...yellow..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I recall the 100,000 spyder, which was an F3 I believe, was presented to a fire-fighter at a function a few months' ago - so Leno missed out it seems.

Sales figures would be very interesting.

Here's what I've found - hoping somebody can find more -

Recalls 08 - 10 GS/RS = 9,600

Recalls 08-10 GS/RS and 10-12 RT = 33,700 (logically includes the 9,600 above)

Recalls 13 RT = 5,165 USA, 1,375 Canada, plus elsewhere to a total of > 7,000

Spyder annual sales exceed US$300m

It's my guess that the 33,700 figure above is US or US/Can total, not "elsewhere"

SO I've found sales of 33,700 + 7,000 = 40,700. IF 33,700 excludes non-US/Can, it could be increased by a fair bit I'd think.

So sales of 60,000 "missing"... ST, all 2014-15 sales, ...

Anyone?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    I have been looking around for sales figures with no luck. The more units sold the better for owners. I also wonder if other manufacturers have taken notice of the three wheel phenomenon.
    Not according to Ride Now Motorsports. (36+ dealerships throughout the USA) Stopped at the Ina store here in Tucson and they are sitting all over the floor. I would guess 8-10. No RT's in site with one black Freedom trailer. Several management people said F3 sales are slow and not moving as expected.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Not according to Ride Now Motorsports. (36+ dealerships throughout the USA) Stopped at the Ina store here in Tucson and they are sitting all over the floor. I would guess 8-10. No RT's in site with one black Freedom trailer. Several management people said F3 sales are slow and not moving as expected.

Jack
    I got that same feeling from my dealer. He has several F3s left over and would love to have a bunch of RTs to sell. He said that at the dealer show they told him to order lots of RTs for 16 as that is where the demand is.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Sales to dealer vs sales to end user?

I would think can am only reports sales to dealers not the end user, but could be wrong. Are they publicly traded?

Spyder Garage

I have seen a number of Trikes traded in on RTs. The new owners like the ele. assisted stearing and the SE transmissions and better ride. (Owner comments)
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I do not know about totals but the 100,000th Spyder was delivered to its owner at SPYDERFEST this year. It was an F3s
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Spyder Garage

I know the F3 converted me. I sat on Spyders most every time I went to a dealer over the years and took test rides twice but never found a riding position that agreed with me. When I sat on a F3 with the orange U-Fit thing that let you try all the different positions I finally found a Spyder that worked for me. I have owned dozens of motorcycles of which zero were cruisers but the F3 works for me. I'm sure there are plenty on dealers floor next to all the other Spyders.

In my opinion the key was the factory incentive when I bought mine in August. It was up to $3,000 off but the F3 only got $1,000. That leads me to believe they were less concerned about moving the F3 than other models which which received higher incentives.

Spyder Garage

I would bet that they haven't moved as many F3's as they thought they would. It seems to me like most of the people that buy these things are buying them to tour.......older retiree types. I know that that is not totally the case but i would bet that that is mostly the case. I know for me I bought the F3 because I have always wanted a motorcycle but never could have one growing up and my wife wasn't keen on me learning to ride a two wheeler when we have young kids at home etc. For me I am perfectly happy just driving back and forth to work and maybe the occasional 2-3 hr ride but I don't think that the majority of the people that are seriously considering a spyder have that same mindset......they want to tour. I love the F3 but I think that most people seriously considering a spyder are at a point in life where the RT is more appealing. I think that will change though with the introduction of the F3-T. Time will tell.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Darren111 View Post
    Jay got the first Spyder--serial #001--according to legend.

The 100,000th was shown at Spyderfest, I believe, and it went to a "regular" person.

They will correct me if I have misspoken.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-10-2015 at 02:39 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Got the same response from the local dealer here in So Dak, F3 not moving fast. Sure happy with mine, tho!

Spyder Garage

RE: F3 popularity.

It appears to be designed for those who want the "cruiser" look. The new F3 S Touring and Limited seem to fit the bill pretty good.

It will be interesting to see if they win over the "black leather" crowd with the new Triple Black version. It did not seem to explode the way they wanted it to at Sturgis.

The current demographic seems to want mostly luxury and touring ameneties. The RT fills the bill moreso than the F3.

I have now owned three RT versions and two RS versions. I looked at F3 last year, and was not moved enough to jump.

The 2016 F3 Limited has tweeked my interest (Intense Red Pearl). I like the Cruiser (F6B/Harley Road King) look. Not in need of a full blown touring any more--so if the dealer works with me--I will have one in the spring.

We will still have the 2014 RT-S in the stable--so will have one of each from two different perspectives.

Even have a set of black leather to ride in (jackets, chaps, NON CYCLE BRANDED) so I already have the duds to be dressed for the cruiser "look."

From another thread, I will wear my FirstGear "clown suit" when I drive the RT-S.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-10-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Jay got the first Spyder--serial #001--according to legend.

The 100,000th was shown at Spyderfest, I believe, and it went to a "regular" person.

They will correct me if I have misspoken.
    I was there when it was presented. And yes went to a deserving young fellow. Nice to watch. Right Lamont?

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JkRbbt View Post
    Got the same response from the local dealer here in So Dak, F3 not moving fast. Sure happy with mine, tho!
    I think it depends on where you live and also the dealer. My dealership sold every F3 that they could get their hands on.

Spyder Garage

Funny you should post this. Stopped at my dealer this week and I didn't have to ask. He volunteered the info. The F3 is a bust. He is selling Rt's very well. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Plenty of f3s here in new york.

Not seeing many new rts around

Spyder Garage

I know the Spydie crowd leans to touring interests. I have ridden H/D Ultras, a Goldwing and a couple of Beemers. The most comfortable H/D for my stature was a 2002 Deuce, a cruiser. Having owned a couple of RTs and now an F3, the F3 just fits better. Sure I like the storage better on the RT, but for just pure comfort going down the road, it seems the F3 does a better job for me. Hopefully the F3 attracts more attention because I certainly would like to see it thrive!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was at a large dealer (large meaning they sold multiple brands of bikes and all Can-Am product as well as tractors) in New Hampshire last month. They had a great Spyder display set up. I was talking to one of the sales guy there about "sleds" (snowmobiles for those of you not in the know), asked him how Spyder sales were. He said they were decent. They sold 15 Spyders this year. Not one of them was an F3. I bet if someone was looking they could work a sweet deal on one there. They has 3 on the floor, not sure how many out back in crates?

He didn't tell what they sales breakdown was but he did say RT's were most of them.

Spyder Garage

Default F3

While at my local dealer getting a new rear tire Installed, I was talking to the sales person and was told that the F3's didn't sell very good In our area this year..
    2013 Viper Red RT S-SE5 All 48 states on a Gold Wing now I'm working on getting all on a

Spyder Garage

I think if they put a touring windshield on it on the display floor and the new handbags, they would sell more. They are all displayed with no windshield and look naked. JMO Then they are told what the windshield would cost and they go "Holy Moses" what else do I have to buy. $5000 dollars later they say "hell I might just as well buy an RT".

Jack
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The two dealers near me have several F3s in stock and very few RTs. I think only one ryder in the local SRA chapter is an F3 owner.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)