Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Riding with spouse

After Demo riding a 2014 RTS we decided to buy one trading in my cruiser that I could no longer ride due to medical issues. She has her own 2 wheeler and on local or short rides (Under 300 miles) she often takes hers. For trips we ride 2 up on the Spyder and alternate driving since I had the tri-ax handlebars installed at time of purchase so the bike could be adjusted to fit her. By alternating one doesn't get as fatigued and makes things more enjoyable for both to be able to just sit back and enjoy for awhile. We both have MC endoresments and have been through the 3 wheel course. I am as comfortable with her driving as she is mine. We are already booked to attend the Deadwood 3 wheel rally next July and that will be the longest trip we have done so alternating driving will help alot. My wife shares my love of MC and we have spent many happy miles together.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

my wife just loves to sit in the back and look around,point out when i miss a turn and fall asleep when she is supposed to be telling me where to go.
    so pretty much the same as when we are in my truck

Spyder Garage

Although my wife has her motorcycle endorsement she rather ride with me. Lately we have been discussing getting her a bike but the only stipulation I have is that it has to have the 1330 engine with a SE6 tranny. So that limits her choices to the F3 or a version of the RT. The dealership I bought our RTL has a 2015 black F3 that is sharp and a Pearl White RTL, Also a 2015. They are reduced about 3K each and come with the 3 year warranty. With my back, I pretty much prefer the RTL that we have. It is a 2014 cognac in color. She likes the F3 but also likes the comfort of the RTL, so it is a waiting game for now. We have a lot of fun riding together so I am not sure she will ever come out and say she wants one of her own. Now that I said that, she will tell me tomorrow she wants one. Lol

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Try letting her take an active role in choosing your destinations and routes.

That's never a problem here. My wife tells me where to go all the time!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know what you mean... My Missus enjoys her role as "Navigator" a bit too well...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Two up and" Yes Dear I'll turn here". Lol
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I guess I owe my good times on a Spyder to my wife Camille. She has ridden with me on her own M/C for years and has her endorsement. When my knees began to bother me a lot we had several friends with Spyders and Camille kept bringing up the Spyder thing. I finally bought one and It did take me a while before I began to appreciate it for what it is. I still love and ride two wheels. Just bought another 2015 BMW R1200R and love it.

Camille and I took our HoneyMoon on a GoldWing to YellowStone park and she did not start to ride her own until 2003, a Harley. We swap off driving on long trips and I do not mind riding behind her. She uses good "judgement" which is tantamount in this game. She has no interest in buying her own Spyder. I wish she did but I certainly enjoy having her along even as a passenger or to spell me with the driving duties.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Jack,
    When she reminds you of just how lucky you are to be married to her; she's absolutely right!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

After ryding 1 year on the back of our 2014 RTS, my wife wanted to drive more. I did not want to increase my ryding on the back, so we added a 2nd Spyder to the family...a 2014 ST Limited. Maria misses the closeness of ryding 2-up (must be due to my awesomeness), but loves the view from driving her own Spyder. She has control, which she loves, but the view from behind my giant helmet was not ideal. We just completed a 1,600 mile trip to Arkansas from Omaha, NE...she had her MC license for 3 weeks, so it was baptism by fire. She's conservative, understandably so, but I have full confidence in her abilities.

Her driving was her idea. I think this was key to our success. We love it and truly enjoy the Spyder experience.

Husker

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default spouse first

that is why I let my Wife get a Spyder first then it was a piece of cake to get mine! and who doesn't like cake.