Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I just received the code while out riding tonight. Is it safe to ride with this code?
    The code cleared after I parked, and turned the spyder off and back on. I'm about 30 minutes from home. Its getting pretty cold out. BRP is supposed to be scheduling a tow, but I haven't heard back regarding the scheduled tow in about 30 min

Spyder Garage

Generic C0042 Meaning
    The Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module monitors the Brake Pedal Position Sensor. The ABS Module sets the code when the Brake Pedal Position Sensor is not to factory specifications.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry for the ignorance but does that mean no o shouldn't ride?

Spyder Garage

Welp,
    Decided to ride her home. The fault didn't return. I'll take another ride tomorrow and try to get to the dealership to have them take a look.

Spyder Garage

Check brake fluid level......... it's suprisingly sensitive.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have posted about this previously. It is caused by the low pressure switch. There is a procedure for resetting it and must be done any time you bleed the brakes and turn the key on before pumping the brakes up hard. NEVER turn the key on during the bleeding process unless you have BUDS. If you do, you will get that code and need to go thru the reset procedure. I am not sure of the procedure now, but it is in the service manual.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

That's the crazy part for me. I haven't done any brake work. I have about 220 miles on it. I guess it could be low brake fluid though. Thanks All!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Try this.
    1 turn on ignition.
    2 push brake pedal down as far as possible(should hear 2 clicks) and hold it
    3 turn off ignition
    4 release pedal
    5 wait 30 sec then turn ignition back on. Fault code for LPS should be cleared.

This is straight out of the service manual
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Thanks. I dropped it off at the shop the next day to have them take a look. while there, I'm having them take a look at a few other things. so, it will be there for a few days. passenger heated seat isn't heating. so, they'll look at that. Also, will address the fitment issues.
    The other thing that I failed to mention is that after I pulled over, I engaged the parking brake, but it wouldn't disengage after pressing the button multiple times. I power cycled the ignition and the parking brake disengaged. Not sure if that is related or not, but just something to note.

Spyder Garage

So, it happened again last night in a parking lot. This time it was similar to a post where someone said it happened to their dad or someone and the parking brake engaged. Mine did the same. I wasn't traveling fast. I was at a rolling speed(less than 5mph). Someone mentioned a sensor reading and brake fluid levels. Not sure about that. This was the 4th time I've experienced this code C0042 since owning the spyder, and 2nd time since getting it out of the shop.
    It is due for the 600 mile service. So I will bring it to the shop's attention again when I'm there.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You should find another dealer. There is no 600 mile service on a 2020 RT.

3000 miles. Owners Guide, page 113.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238