Thread: ultimate seat

Spyder Garage

Default ultimate seat

Anyone in the central ohio area have the ultimate seat installed on an RT ? Would like to try one out before going to Spyders in the Smokies this month . Don't want to go all the way down if I find I don't like the seat feel ahead of time.

Spyder Garage

Ultimate Seats is suppose to be at Spyder's in the Smokies, http://www.smokymountainspyderrally.com/vendorlist.htm. You can have one installed while you are there, go riding and see how you like it. If you don't like it return it while you are there (http://ultimateseats.ca/extended-test-ride-program) and they will reinstall your original seat.

I have an Ultimate seat and my wife and enjoy it much better than the stock seat.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

Default Good Idea

Test riding with the seat at an event is probably a good idea. I went to Spyderquest with the idea of hopefully getting an Ultimate Tall Boy seat, but after sitting on one, I found out that it didn't give me enough leg room. I have noticeably more with my BRP Comfort Seat (which isn't all that comfortable). I'd love to find a nice comfy aftermarket seat that will give me more leg room.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Default can't ride

Trouble is with the weather around here it probably won't be ridable weather one way or the other and it's a 450 mile trip. That was one reason I wanted to try one before even going down .

Spyder Garage

Wish i could help you out.I have the Ultimate seat.I,m 5ft 8 in and really like the seat.It,s not the tall boy but i sit a bit higher and closer than the stock seat that is junk.
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

Default Bought the ultimate

Went to Spyders in the Smokies rally and bought the seat . Tried a Corbin while I was there and didn't care for it and the owner said he wished he would have bought the Ultimate due to the hardness of the Corbin. Installed the seat ( tallboy ) and put 200 miles on it and really like it . Stock junk seat got very uncomfortable after about 70 miles . I like riding tank to tank and think it won't be a problem with the Ultimate. Tallboy doesn't seem to affect the corider comfort either .THe only problem I have with the seat is it's very slippery and hope that with a little wear the slipperiness goes away , hard to lockdown when riding the twistys.

And yes , vendors do read the comments on Spyderlovers . When I mentioned where I was from the vendor asked if I was the one that posted the seat question on Spyderlovers .

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Comfort Seat or tall boy and co-Ryder

I am new to the Spyder and I have read that the comfort seat and the tall boy afford the ryder a little more leg room by moving the seat back 1.5 to 2 inches. This would by logic mean that it leaves the passenger with less room. Does this equate correctly?
    Any words from experience would be helpful, do the passengers lose space and do they feel pinched?

Thanks in advance for your help!

U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Default Tallboy seat

The seat supposedly gives more leg room but I haven't noticed that much of a difference .The 200 miles I rode so far was def a lot more comfortable than the stock seat .I rode tank to tank and wasn't a bit sore .More support in the butt area with a firmer cushion and the seat is flat compared to the stock seat . A corbin was def too hard for my liking .I just saw where Mustang came out with a seat for the spyder but don't know anything about it other than it seems to be the choice for a lot of Harley riders. We also tried out the spyder comfort seat and wife didn't like it .

Wife has only sat on the seat before purchasing and said she has plenty of room so now we'll' have to see on a long trip.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions , you can always pm me too. If you happen to be in the area let me know and you can try my seat out .

Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate Seat

I have an Ultimate seat and it made riding a lot more enjoyable. The stock seat was very uncomfortable for short and long rides.
    Note, I am 5'10" and did not get the tall boy Ultimate.....the regular Ultimate fit me just fine.

On that note I have a stock seat rider back rest like new, will let go to anyone who makes a fair offer!

Spyder Garage

Default Visit to Ultimate Seat Showroom

My wife and I visited the store yesterday and were able to sit on an RT with the tall boy and we both loved it. My wife could tell a big difference with the passenger backrest from the OEM not pushing her forward. I like sitting back farther and love the backrest. We bought the Tallboy with Ebony Croc they had just hung on the wall. Very friendly folks and enjoyed visiting with them. Already received an email the seat shipped.

Now off to Disney Hollywood.

Spyder Garage

The Tall Boy seat gives you 1 1/2 inches more room but the passenger only looses 1/2 inch due to the passenger backrest being thinner than stock. My wife likes it a lot better it don't pitch her forward like the stock backrest did.

Spyder Garage

As for the OEM comfort seat, it gives you a full 2" more room, but the passenger only loses one inch. The other inch is absorbed in the shorter "step" behind the driver. You can see the difference in the picture below. The comfort seat is the one not yet installed on the bike.

Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    As for the OEM comfort seat, it gives you a full 2" more room, but the passenger only loses one inch. The other inch is absorbed in the shorter "step" behind the driver. You can see the difference in the picture below. The comfort seat is the one not yet installed on the bike.

Rob,

Thanks for posting that picture, it answers a concern I have about the comfort seat. Can you tell me where the opening is for the backrest bracket is on the comfort seat? If it's too far back, it doesn't resolve our problem. Most people can just barely fit on the back of my stock seat because of the position of the backrest.

I would consider purchasing the comfort seat so we can have heat, which is not available in the stock seat.

Thanks,

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Pam,

I cannot answer that question definitively, as I have the 2013 seat that had no backrest. The pictures are also the 2013 seat, of course. While the seat pan is the same as yours, the upholstery will be slightly different.

That said, I would imagine the backrest on the current comfort seat would mount a little further back so as to accommodate the altered driver position, which is also further back. I think to get more room for the passenger, you'd have to re-upholster the passenger backrest to make it thinner. That actually shouldn't be too hard to do with the proper tools (or take it to an auto upholstery guy).
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Im on the ultimate site and do not see a seat for tallboy in ST limited, only mid rider.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate seat

I have an Ultimate seat tall boy. I love the feel of the seat and the material is a little slippery, especially in turns/curves. I got a piece of black drawer liner, cut it to size and velcro'd it to the seat and it works well for me. I've tried cleaning it with different cleaners but nothing helped. I even called the company and they didn't have any suggestions.

Spyder Garage

Default Seat Size Offering...

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Im on the ultimate site and do not see a seat for tallboy in ST limited, only mid rider.
    We don't offer a Tall Boy for the ST. Just GS/RS and RT.

Thanks,
    Dave
    www.ultimateseats.com
    877-672-0288
    348 Destination Daytona Lane
    Ormond Beach, FL 32174