Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Minnesota October Ride

It doesn't seem possible but Saturday, October 10th, will be our last "scheduled" ride!

We will meet up at Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN at 9am to sign in and draw your final card for the best poker hand. The ride will leave promptly at 10am heading out into our beautiful fall countryside for brunch.

We are eating early on the ride so that we will all have room in our bellies for the potluck. Our plan is to be back to Mora around 3pm, so if you can't make the ride hopefully you can make it up for the pot luck gathering. Les and Kaye will be providing the meat and buns part of the meal, so the rest of us will fill in with our favorite pot luck side dishes and desserts. If you have something to keep warm or cold we can bring them up to the car shed and take care of that before the ride.

There will be the presentation of the Best Poker Hand, the winner of the Scavenger Hunt, and other fun things. Also, if you have photos from rides or have forgotten to send me your scavenger hunt photos, please do so soon that I can compile them on to a flash drive for our viewing pleasure during the pot luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Hi Paula,
    My wife and l are new to our Spyder. We've had it a month, but we have 2800 miles on already!
    Are new people allowed to join a ride at the end of the season? If it's OK we'd love to join if the weather cooperates.

Thanks,
    Mike
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    Hi Paula,
    My wife and l are new to our Spyder. We've had it a month, but we have 2800 miles on already!
    Are new people allowed to join a ride at the end of the season? If it's OK we'd love to join if the weather cooperates.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Hi Mike (and Wife) --
    We would love to have you join us...any time you can. We are an informal group that meet at least once a month from April thru October, but if the weather is good the other months we will post that there is a ride gathering at Caswell Cycle in Mora and at specified date and time and whoever can make it makes it.
    If you are coming note that we are going to eat at brunch time and return to Mora for a pot luck meal to be eaten around 4-5ish. Please come and meet some other Minnesota SpyderLovers.
    Paula

Spyder Garage

OK, thanks. Hope to see you there!

Mike & Val

Spyder Garage

Default twin city

Anyone going for the ride Saturday, when are you leaving, and what route are you taking. I finally got everything to fall together to go on a ride. just looking for partners.

2014 RT LTD Cognac ; Stanless Steel Kott Grilles , BajaRon Swaybar ,
    Belt Guard , Cargo Nets for storage , Ride N Go Cup Holder , Spyderpops Bumpskid.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PScott07 View Post
    Anyone going for the ride Saturday, when are you leaving, and what route are you taking. I finally got everything to fall together to go on a ride. just looking for partners.
    We are going. Leaving St Bonifacius at 7:00 AM sharp. We take 25 out to Big Lake and then back roads all the way to Hyw 23 and then 23 to 65 at Mora. Your welcome to join us (Kathy and Les), but from Rosemount that will add about 40 min to your drive.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default I'm going

I'll be heading up from Eagan leaving around 7:30am at the latest. It's a 90 minute ride from my house. I typically take I35-E up through St. Paul. The highway is clear at that time of the morning on a Saturday. Then I35 to North Branch, Hwy 95 to Cambridge, Hwy 65 to Mora. But I'm flexible on the route if you don't like the freeway. A good 2nd choice (for me) is Hwy 10 over to Spring Lake Park, then Hwy 65. But that route has way more traffic lights.

I'd be happy to ryde with you. I plan to stick around for the Potluck dinner afterwards, so it'll be a full day for me.

Out with the old - Blue 2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    In with the new - Black/Silver 2015 RTS SE6
    Special Series
    Blue 2012 RT622 Trailer - now vinyl wrapped as Black/Silver

Spyder Garage

We will be leaving Rockford about 7 ish. Gonna have a little breakfast B4 arrival. We take 101N to 169N to 23E to 65N. I ride a 2014 Silver RTL with trailer. Come on along, we always have a blast. CYA L8R

Grandpa Pete w/Kim the missus
    Grandpa Pete
    Peter & Kim Pontinen
    2020 RTL Dark Marsala

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    We are going. Leaving St Bonifacius at 7:00 AM sharp. We take 25 out to Big Lake and then back roads all the way to Hyw 23 and then 23 to 65 at Mora. Your welcome to join us (Kathy and Les), but from Rosemount that will add about 40 min to your drive.
    thanks, but I will meet you guys in Mora.

Belt Guard , Cargo Nets for storage , Ride N Go Cup Holder , Spyderpops Bumpskid.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedDBA View Post
    I'll be heading up from Eagan leaving around 7:30am at the latest. It's a 90 minute ride from my house. I typically take I35-E up through St. Paul. The highway is clear at that time of the morning on a Saturday. Then I35 to North Branch, Hwy 95 to Cambridge, Hwy 65 to Mora. But I'm flexible on the route if you don't like the freeway. A good 2nd choice (for me) is Hwy 10 over to Spring Lake Park, then Hwy 65. But that route has way more traffic lights.

I'd be happy to ryde with you. I plan to stick around for the Potluck dinner afterwards, so it'll be a full day for me.
    That would be great, I have no problem with the highway, name a time and place and I will meet you there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Pete View Post
    We will be leaving Rockford about 7 ish. Gonna have a little breakfast B4 arrival. We take 101N to 169N to 23E to 65N. I ride a 2014 Silver RTL with trailer. Come on along, we always have a blast. CYA L8R

Grandpa Pete w/Kim the missus
    Thanks guys, but I will meet you in Mora also, I look forward to meeting more friends, I've been trying to get to the monthly rides for a year now, and finally everything came together.

Spyder Garage

That would be great, I have no problem with the highway, name a time and place and I will meet you there.
    Hey Chuck, do you know if Jim&Teresa are going ?

Spyder Garage

Default We are going!

Hi Patrick,

We are going to leave around 7:30am from Woodbury. Let us know if you want to join us.....

Maybe we'll see you with Chuck as we ride up.....we will be taking a similar route!
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 10-09-2015 at 01:20 PM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&Teresa View Post
    Hi Patrick,

We are going leaving around 7:30am from Woodbury. Let us know if you want to join us.....

Maybe we'll see you with Chuck as we ride up.....we will be taking a similar route!
    Hey guys, finally get in on a ride, anyway maybe we will see you on the way up, or at Mora.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey guys, finally get in on a ride, anyway maybe we will see you on the way up, or at Mora.
    Glad to hear it! See you there!

Spyder Garage

Val and I had a great time! We'll definitely be back.
    Thanks everybody!
    Mike and Val

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

We had 24 Spyders with 32 people attend our last scheduled ride and pot luck. It was a beautiful day filled with great riding, good eats, and wonderful friends.
    The winner if the poker hand was Chuck, with a full house....he won a GoPro camera! Debbie and Kathy were very close taking the prize too.
    Our scavenger hunt raised $75 in entry fees which were meet by Caswell Cycle for a total of $150 in prize money. The 1st place winner was, Gary, he made it to every single destination on the list, earning a $100 gift certificate to Caswell Cycle. Second place went to Peter, who went all but 3 destinations earning a $50 gift certificate!
    Thanks to everyone for making this a great group and we look forward to next year!