Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Zumo tire pressure monitoring caps

Any input on the caps that read the tire PSI to your Zumo?

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have them on my Spyder I thought they were very expensive for what you're getting but I do like them I don't have to crawl under the bike to check the air pressure in the rear tire which is really convenient.

ToM
    Life is Great
    Be Safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

I've not considered buying because Garmin says they are supposed to go on metal valve stems and I see no need to change them at this point. They are pricey too. The weekly manual tire pressure check is part of my routine and it helps me keep an eye on the belt and rear sprocket for junk.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I don't have the Zumo, but I have the FOBOBike TPMS (http://www.fobobikesales.com/index.php). It works off your smartphone, not your GPS. I love it. Easy to install. Seems accurate. Will send a warning to your phone (and into your helmet if you have BT) if the pressure falls below a threshold that you set. Nice not to have to get on the ground every time to check the rear tire. I agree with the periodic belt and sprocket check, but I don't do that every time I jump on, so it's still nice to know the tire pressure every time I ride.

2014 RT Limited

BajaRon sway bar, Tri-axis handlebars, shorty AM/FM antenna, Custom Dynamics HMT brake light with flash, Rivco cell phone mount, Utopia backrest w/pouch, Two Brothers exhaust. Lidlox helmet holder, FOBO TPMS, Drink2Go cup holder, WGT LED mirror light strips, Squared Away laser alignment, Kuhmo Solus 175/55 front tires.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the response. Did you do any modifications to the tires or valve stems. I've heard something about the centrifugal force of the tire tearing the valve stems?

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantula143 View Post
    Thanks for the response. Did you do any modifications to the tires or valve stems. I've heard something about the centrifugal force of the tire tearing the valve stems?
    I did not, I left the original valve stems on. I have about 8000 miles on my new Spyder with the sensors and had no problems.

ToM
    Life is Great
    Be Safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you brother. Ride safe!