Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Laser alignment warning

13 RT LIMITED I went East Tennessee ATV which is also a spyder dealer that advertises that they do the laser alignment. We they made the steering worse and put 45 lbs of air in the back tire and involved them working on it from 1pm till 6:30PM . DO NOT TAKE YOUR SPYDER THERE. Now I will have to take it to a different dealer to try and have it done right. What was $150 will cost me another $150.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kkcrew89 View Post
    13 RT LIMITED I went East Tennessee ATV which is also a spyder dealer that advertises that they do the laser alignment. We they made the steering worse and put 45 lbs of air in the back tire and involved them working on it from 1pm till 6:30PM . DO NOT TAKE YOUR SPYDER THERE. Now I will have to take it to a different dealer to try and have it done right. What was $150 will cost me another $150.

I note that you are a first time poster.

EDIT: The other side of the story appears on page 2 of this thread. At first glance things appeared in one direction. Dealer has replied with their side of the story.

This particular dealer has proven to have a good reputation, so that must be taken into consideration.

Lesson: Quick replies without all the facts--not good.

See post #37 from the dealer--
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-08-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Your right I had 28 lbs in the tire before I left home to go there. They admitted they had used the same laser on a slingshot before we got there. Avoid them at all cost. Due to them putting 45lbs in the back tire I will not let them touch my spyder again.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If there's a bright side to this...

...It's best that you found it out now.
    Good luck with finding a shop that can do it right; it makes a heckuva difference in how the bikes handle!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That is awful. Come on out to Las Vegas and we will get you squared away.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Wow..!!

Really out there. They should check your rear wheel alignment via belt runout and set you tire pressure to what you ryde with before they do the alignment. It should not take more than an hour...hope they reset your sensors with buds or you will have other issues...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Coming out to LV?

[Ann:

Do you know of any good shops a little closer to us south-east types than Vegas?

Seriously.

Anyone had good luck anywhere near northeast Georgia? I'm looking for some recommendations.

Pete, in Alto, GA

QUOTE=SpyderAnn01;1043526]That is awful. Come on out to Las Vegas and we will get you squared away.[/QUOTE]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by motoswami View Post
    [Ann:

Do you know of any good shops a little closer to us south-east types than Vegas?

Seriously.

Anyone had good luck anywhere near northeast Georgia? I'm looking for some recommendations.

Pete, in Alto, GA

QUOTE=SpyderAnn01;1043526]That is awful. Come on out to Las Vegas and we will get you squared away.
    [/QUOTE]

I am not Ann, but you can find lists of dealers and independents by going to www.spydercomfort.com/dealers

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[Ann:

Seriously.

Pete, in Alto, GA

QUOTE=SpyderAnn01;1043526]That is awful. Come on out to Las Vegas and we will get you squared away.
    [/QUOTE]

I think Doc Humphreys might be in your area.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I think Doc Humphreys might be in your area.[/QUOTE]

It's doc Riverside. Here is his web page: http://spyderlaseralignmentplusbuds....ecochran.shtml

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Sounds like you ran into a rookie dealer or a rookie alignment person. 45# of rear tire pressure is a red flag clue that something is not right. The rear tire is not a part of the alignment that I know of though. ????

I note that you are a first time poster.
    & thats just the info you know of. They had bike that long,no telling whayelse they may have accidently done. Try to stick with certified dealers & ones you have info on. If stuck out on trip is whole nother situation. Glad they stopped @45 & didnt blow your tire. Would be good idea to have techs give a good look over for rookie mistakes & such befor you put on too many miles.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

[Ann:

Seriously.

Pete, in Alto, GA

[/QUOTE]
    You could move to Missouri to get closer to Pit Bull I am lucky just about two and half hours away from the best

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

No I am in Ohio so I'm going to try my luck at Jackson Ohio. Hopefully this time it will turn out to be a good experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

You could move to Missouri to get closer to Pit Bull I am lucky just about two and half hours away from the best[/QUOTE]

I'm really lucky....15 minutes from Pitbull

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well hopefully Jackson will turn out good. If not I'm back to the drawing board.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

I'm sorry this happened and glad you caught it quickly

assuming you charged the payment for service on a credit card,
    dispute it and push to refuse to pay for such unsatisfactory service

good luck
    let's ride safe & be careful out there,
    Mike in Nawlins'
    2014 Black SE6 Limited "Charlotte"
    New Orleans Ride Captain
    Patriot Guard Riders

Spyder Garage

Default Ride it now surprise

Just got full service and a laser alignment at Ride it Now (22nd Street) Tucson Arizona. Pleasantly surprised it was a GREAT experience. Oscar in service was more than helpful. I'm new at this Spyder thing. The alignment made a big difference in cornering as well as holding a straight line.
    Thanks
    Frankie C

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Glad it worked out well for you. I guess I will find out on the 16th if this is worth while. It is becoming very expensive.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am not Ann, but you can find lists of dealers and independents by going to www.spydercomfort.com/dealers
    Gray Ghost, I checked this link, but you were not listed. Do you do these alignments in Harper? I've been considering a trip up there to get my right-side "pull" corrected, as my dealer couldn't make it any better. My 2012 went straight, but not this new one, not even after 3300 miles now.
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

East TN ATV was my dealer when I lived in Greeneville and they were the best out of the three I could have gone to. I'm sorry you had a bad experience there but that is not the norm for them. I still highly recommend this dealer to anyone who ask that's in the area. I happen to talk to the owner Eddy yesterday about talking to my son who's getting out of the Air Force in a couple of weeks about a job. He mentioned this post and how he would like to talk to you and see what they can do to make it right. Every dealer screws up from time to time, they have employees and employees are not owners and they may not always perform 100%. It's how the dealer handles it after the fact that makes the difference. Give them a chance to make it right is all I'm saying. They are a good dealer, one of the best from my experience and how I've seen them treat their customers.

Spyder Garage

East TN ATV installed the BajaRon bar and billet links for me, recommended by BajaRon. They did a great job, only took about an hour, staff was very helpful and courteous.
    I will go back to them for service when necessary.
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Spyder Garage

Report them to BRP...they need to hear this stuff.
    Go back and ask for a full refund.... if they refuse, stop payment on check/credit card.
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

I tend to be very skeptical when somebody shows up here for the first or second time just to complain about a business. We don't know much about the OP and these kinds of posts can be very damaging to a business. Lamont, as you are already in touch with this dealer, please confirm this is at least a real complaint and that there was actually a service done.

This may be a very legitimate complaint, but as a business owner I've seen these kinds of things from the other side and they are often not as they are portrayed.

In any event, I do hope this is not only resolved, but that if there was really this kind of a service issue that it is cleaned up in the future.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Default Jackson dealer

You won't be disappointed with Jackson Honda . Spyder tech def knows his stuff . I have all my spyder work done there . Nice thing about it is that they are willing to talk and explain everything going on . They don't hesitate to get BRP involved ....I give them 10 stars.

Spyder Garage

I am very sorry to see this thread. I'm not saying it isn't true. Anything can happen on a one time basis. But I can say that I use East Tennessee ATV and I've always been treated well and had very good results. I have recommend this dealership for service because I believe in them.

If this situation did happen (and again, I am not saying that it did not because I don't know) then I hope the OP will give ET-ATV a chance to make it right. Even good dealerships have bad days.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...