Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Another point would be "should they be selling gloves that last less than 3 months?" I think not, if they are poor quality and they know it, shouldn't they not sell them? It is still my hard earned money.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT SM6 with 400 miles 5/2015, 1800 8/5/2015, 3000 8/30/2015
    Farkles: Techmount Cell Phone Holder, Drink2Go Cup Holder, Hopnel Saddlebag Liner, Hopnel Trunk Liners, Hopnel 3 Lid Net Set, Utopia Backrest, MIKE'S Brake Pedal, LED Pods Lights, LED Tip Bulbs, JT's Dash Mount & Special Selfie Stick on Bike, GoPro Camera, Bajaron Sway Bar, LED Skid Plate, Belt Protector Guard, Mike's Speakers

Spyder Garage

Anyone? Or am I a thread killer?
    Farkles: Techmount Cell Phone Holder, Drink2Go Cup Holder, Hopnel Saddlebag Liner, Hopnel Trunk Liners, Hopnel 3 Lid Net Set, Utopia Backrest, MIKE'S Brake Pedal, LED Pods Lights, LED Tip Bulbs, JT's Dash Mount & Special Selfie Stick on Bike, GoPro Camera, Bajaron Sway Bar, LED Skid Plate, Belt Protector Guard, Mike's Speakers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by beadaholic View Post
    This is the response I got from Revzilla, I feel like it is a lame one, let me know what you guys think about it.

Hi Laura,
    Thanks for the additional pictures and information! The separation at the thumb of the right glove seems to be a valid warranty issue. The other issues that you have documented would just be wear and tear, but the one valid issue makes them eligible for a warranty return.
    However, you would be responsible for the return shipping costs. The question for you would be if the low value of gloves would justify paying to ship them back. If you would like to hold on to them, I would be happy to get you a 10% discount on an alternate pair. In all honesty, you often get what you pay for with riding gear, and $40 don't usually cut it for long.
    Let me know how you would like to proceed and I would be happy to help you out!
    -Eric

I really don't know how I feel about this, from here (Mexico) he obviously knows it would be expensive for me to ship it to him, and he has me by the *^&&s so to say. I have mixed feelings, 10% is not much of anything really, $3.99.
    I think they treated you well as a customer. Gloves have never been an issue and you can see that most gloves do last more than one driving season. Your scenario played out a bit different.

The company has a pretty good reputation. I do agree with the 10% allowance--and I would take it. I read it as 10% off of what you decide on. It you get a top line pair--10% off is not bad.

You get what you pay for is true in a lot of things. Overall, I would say Revzilla gave you a positive response.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I'm not impressed with that response not so much because of the 10%/refund issue but the way those have failed suggests they would have never withstood an accident so not fit for purpose in the first place. So I just wonder about a retailer that sells crap like this and then says - well they are cheap crap so what do you expect. Would they give the same response to someone in hospital needing plastic surgery because their gloves had disintegrated in an accident?

Unfortunately I think it will just be a case of chalking it up to experience. You can't go cheap with motorcycle clothing as too much depends on it.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Send them back !

This is the response I got from Revzilla, I feel like it is a lame one, let me know what you guys think about it.

Hi Laura,
    Thanks for the additional pictures and information! The separation at the thumb of the right glove seems to be a valid warranty issue. The other issues that you have documented would just be wear and tear, but the one valid issue makes them eligible for a warranty return.
    However, you would be responsible for the return shipping costs. The question for you would be if the low value of gloves would justify paying to ship them back. If you would like to hold on to them, I would be happy to get you a 10% discount on an alternate pair. In all honesty, you often get what you pay for with riding gear, and $40 don't usually cut it for long.
    Let me know how you would like to proceed and I would be happy to help you out!
    -Eric

I really don't know how I feel about this, from here (Mexico) he obviously knows it would be expensive for me to ship it to him, and he has me by the *^&&s so to say. I have mixed feelings, 10% is not much of anything really, $3.99.
    On a personal note, I would indeed send them back with a less than subtle suggestion that he polish them up, turn them sideways, and insert them rectally. Then post his response right here on SL for the world to see.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Unless it's oil or tires

Anyone? Or am I a thread killer?
    Unless it's oil or tires, threads tend to die quickly. It's not you. I've killed many a thread. Don't take it personally.

Spyder Garage

Ha! Thanks I really didn't feel very warm and fuzzy with his respnse. I appreciate this being others defended Revzilla. I felt they just were poor overall. I am pretty careful here being I just can't pop into a store. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Count me in the "reasonable customer service" camp. They're a (good, IME) retailer, not the manufacturer-- Revzilla offers a complete range of products at low to very high prices, but at some point it's caveat emptor, particularly for a worn item that's ultimately the manufacturer's responsibility to address. Speed and Strength has a reputation (deserved, IMHO) as a "budget" product line-- you can luck out with them, but you can also not.

I'm personally in the same "you get what you pay for" camp. I admit it makes me a gear snob-- with passing seasons l've been slowly migrating from First Gear and Olympia to a growing stock of Rev'it and Dainese in the closet. But having shopped a lot of riding gear in the past few years, the difference in quality, comfort, and protection gets pretty dramatic the more you scale up, particularly at the left-hand side of the curve, e.g. $100 is better than $40 for technical riding gloves, but you'll see diminishing returns above that.

Anyway... I'd try the manufacturer if you're still unhappy... worst they can say is no. Good luck!
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Thanķs again!

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by beadaholic; 10-02-2015 at 06:02 PM.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 2 years on my gel leather gloves

I am on the second season for my gloves. They are fingerless and have gel inserts. They are very comfortable to wear now. They actually pretty much stay in the riding position now. Putting them on is like shaking hands with a good old friend. We sell them for about $20.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Fingerless gloves...
    While fully realizing that everybody has the right to their own choices; have you ever had a bee commit suicide on your knuckles at 60 mph?
    But the gel inserts do intrigue me; are they offered in a "fingerful" version?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Firstgear sedonas or summer gloves under $20 usually last me at least 3 years

Norm H Austin Tx
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Fingerless gloves...
    While fully realizing that everybody has the right to their own choices; have you ever had a bee commit suicide on your knuckles at 60 mph?
    Any flavor gloves can be had with gel. Nice on those long rides. They absorb road vibration. I have both fingerless (my 70 degrees plus gloves) and fingered with gel.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AbNormy View Post
    Firstgear sedonas or summer gloves under $20 usually last me at least 3 years

Norm H Austin Tx
    they seem to not be made any more.Everyone shows them out of stock

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I got my cortech gloves yesterday and these fit me nicer, but I feel they are even more cheaply made! There is no knuckle protection which sorta surprised me, you can't compare the knuckle protectors that are on theh Speed and Strength which were massive and seemed well done to me with what is on the Cortech. But at least I have some gloves. I am in very hot weather so I am looking for cool gloves, not winter ones, I don't mind spending more, but being there is nothing feminine out there motorcycle wise for us women at least the color of gloves, helmets help a tad, this may be not important, but I like being a girl. I wish there was more choice.

Spyder Garage

I got my cortech gloves yesterday and these fit me nicer, but I feel they are even more cheaply made! There is no knuckle protection which sorta surprised me, you can't compare the knuckle protectors that are on theh Speed and Strength which were massive and seemed well done to me with what is on the Cortech. But at least I have some gloves. I am in very hot weather so I am looking for cool gloves, not winter ones, I don't mind spending more, but being there is nothing feminine out there motorcycle wise for us women at least the color of gloves, helmets help a tad, this may be not important, but I like being a girl. I wish there was more choice.
    One of my sets of fingerless had red flames on them. About 6 seasons old--so I have no idea where I got them. Try my favorite go to place. Motorcycle Superstore. Most of the finds I like are found perusing the "cruiser" gear.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-02-2015 at 03:48 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Fingerless gloves...
    I think we do, Bob. Only yellow though. June bugs hurt more than Bees to me. Don't hurt my hands much. Now getting hit in the face does really sting!

I'll check tomorrow......They are about $25 with shipping.

Spyder Garage

I get my gloves at either Tractor Supply Company or Bass Pro. Go to the work gloves section and root around for their unlined deerskin gloves. $30 at either place. Last for years. Natural yellow-tan, cooler in hot weather than black gloves.

Currently on sale at Tractor Supply for $16. They have women's selection too.

Yeah, I'm cheap........

Spyder Garage

I've used a pair of Mechanix Wear M-Pact3 for a year now and really like how they feel.
    http://www.mechanix.com/tactical/m-pact-3

I found mine on Amazon for about $30
    Last edited by OkieDoc; 10-02-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Spyder Garage

Revzilla is awesome. I've spent thousands of dollars with them and will continue to do so. I think their response on these gloves is relative to the cost of the gloves. They didn't have to do anything actually.

They have a phenomenal return policy, and back it up. I don't think I've dealt with any online shopping experience that promotes and does what they do.
    2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default a lesson in "get 'em while you can"

my favorite warm weather glove is
    FirstGear MeshTex Generation 1's

the later Gen 2's had a different knuckle design that felt tighter on my hand that I disliked

at that point, I purchased 3 more sets of the gen 1's knowing they would soon be gone...I was getting a couple of years use out of each pair plus I made an effort to repair them as needed

very comfortable for my hands and a good amount of protection

the newest version look like they are an improved design, though

my favorite supplier of gear for many reasons is Texas's www.motorcyclegear.com , previously newenough.com
    Last edited by PatriotRider; 10-03-2015 at 12:30 PM.
    let's ride safe & be careful out there,
    Mike in Nawlins'
    2014 Black SE6 Limited "Charlotte"
    New Orleans Ride Captain
    Patriot Guard Riders

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have had gloves for 20 plus years..And are still in use..I always like a good quality leather glove or slightly cooler weather a good deer skin glove.. Gauntlet gloves for real cold riding

Recently bought a pair of heated gloves but now that the spyder has heated grips I ditched the heated gloves for now..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question: There's no doubt that keeping your gloves dry, helps them to keep looking good, and last longer...
    I've never tried to "resuscitate" a pair that had gotten wet; any suggestions for this?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

A little lexol conditioner on the gloves (smooth leather--not suede). Take em for a ride and wear em. That will take the stiffness out of them.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You have a problem in that any "summer weight" glove made out of mesh or textile is going to fail at its weakest point; that being the fabric / leather stitch line. Textile gloves are a "one crash" glove, or a throwaway glove if it starts to unravel. For me, it's perforated leather gloves with armor even in the hottest days. Then again I don't suffer from sweaty palms like some other riders. I've run through textile gloves in as little as one season, and have had leather ones last as much as 5 seasons. Unfortunately it's most often a "you get what you pay for" deal with most motorcycle gear.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow