Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New dashboard event for me

I took a short ryde on my Spyder, stopped for just a minute, then restarted and took off. When I started the byke the second time it started right up without the me having to press the Mode button.

A block or two later I noticed the dashboard was displaying the "Read the safety card" splash screen, not displaying the usual information like MPH. When I hit the Mode button the display returned to normal. No issues afterwards.

This wasn't a problem, and I assume it was some software glitch related to the timing and sequence of events around turning the byke off then ok again. Just curious if others have seen this?
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Not sure..!!

about the the time but most will start right up if your stop and restart are short. I can usually refuel and start without the mode call. The interesting part is I have never had the mode call pop up after restarting. Must have hit that magic moment... mine is an RS with the shorter start sequence...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

mine usually goes away and doesn't pop back up like your described..

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Me too

I have had the same experience as described by the last two respondents. The mode button screen does not pop up. We can always start right back up after refueling without the mode button call!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Smile Yes

I've had the same experience a few times. I always shift into neutral when shutting down---- could it have something to do with it.???
    Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Ghosts in the machine..."

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I think that if you restart within 5 minutes it skips the mode requirement. I have noticed on mine once in awhile, the mode requirement comes up, but I am busy putting on helmet etc and it skips to the regular start screen without me hitting mode.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

The short time re-start is very common. This usually happens to me when refueling the . Have never had the safety card screen pop up after start up. It sounds like a computer glitch. If it happens frequently, time to get it checked.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Also, if you stop the engine with the cut-off switch, but do not turn the key off, you will never have to wait to restart it. Of course you wouldn't do that if you were shutting it down for an extended period, or if you were going to be away from the bike.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat