Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I took 'Nid wading!

Who could resist just going ahead and driving through this bit of shallow water? Especially when I wanted to get close to the river that runs just a few feet beyond this crossing. And with those concrete pavers in the bottom getting stuck in mud was not going to happen. The water was only about 3" or 4" deep.

I couldn't resist it! So I took 'Nid wading!

Not one of my better ideas! Just after I came back across the engine slowed down, sputtered, and died. I waited a couple of minutes and after several false starts the engine finally fired off on one cylinder, then two, then revved up good. I was OK! I also dropped one of my gloves in the water and had to come back and wade barefooted to retrieve it! I sure didn't want to ride the rest of the day with soaked boots!

If you're tempted to cross water with your Spyder make sure it's no more than about 4" deep and drive real sloooooooowwww so you don't splash water up onto the engine or electronics. A Sea Doo a Spyder ain't!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 09-28-2015 at 01:14 AM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear..!!

you made it through with only one wet glove.. Generally avoid deep water but do find it strange that you stalled out. Have ryden some serious rain with standing water and she never sputtered... alls well that ends well...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Wading Across The Ford

In May I was on a ride with a few members from the local Spyder riding group and we went to Lehigh Game Preserve, NW of Allentown, PA. They have an area called "The Ford" where the road is always underwater. The Jordan Creek runs over top of the road. They close the road when the creek rises and kids go swimming on the road.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Novel way to wash ones wheels.

Regards
    Kenn

Spyder Garage

Spyder, water, electronics. They just don't seem to like each other.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

have had mine through, ever so slowly, water up to mid wheel when out riding with friends on their two wheelers. No sputter, miss, nary a cough. Just alot of steam coming up off the exhaust!!
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

it seems 'Nid took you wading too !!

osm