Thread: Got her home

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Got her home

Brought home my F3 SE6 today. Put about 35 miles on it and I love it. Great power, smooth and just a blast to ride. I'm a short guy so I ordered the short reach bars which I think will make it a bit more comfy. I foresee a windshield, any suggestions appreciated, and a backrest. If there is anyone in my neck of the woods that would like to meet up for a ride, just let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

2013 RT SE5
    Bajaron sway bar
    Bajaron heim links
    laser alignment from dealer
    Inspector Gadget floor boards
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Grip Puppies
    HEAT RECALL COMPLETED

Spyder Garage

Nice ryde! I'm not looking for one, but I drove one for a brief period just today. You're certainly right about the power!

2014 RT Limited

BajaRon sway bar, Tri-axis handlebars, shorty AM/FM antenna, Custom Dynamics HMT brake light with flash, Rivco cell phone mount, Utopia backrest w/pouch, Two Brothers exhaust. Lidlox helmet holder, FOBO TPMS, Drink2Go cup holder, WGT LED mirror light strips, Squared Away laser alignment, Kuhmo Solus 175/55 front tires.

Spyder Garage

Enjoy your new ride.

2016 F3 Limited Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..!! Welcome..!!

and congrats on the new ryde..!! you can check on the home page upper left for groups and clubs and the membership for others in your area...not all post here...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the F3 club!! You're really gonna want a windshield come late fall/ winter time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EricD View Post
    Brought home my F3 SE6 today. Put about 35 miles on it and I love it. Great power, smooth and just a blast to ride. I'm a short guy so I ordered the short reach bars which I think will make it a bit more comfy. I foresee a windshield, any suggestions appreciated, and a backrest. If there is anyone in my neck of the woods that would like to meet up for a ride, just let me know.
    I am having a blueridge windshield when I get mine. When I went to see a dealer 158 Performance Matt showed me one on a customers F3 and it looked great.
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Spyder Garage

I have a Madstad windshield. Works great and is very adjustable. Welcome to the zoo!

Spyder Garage

Windshield? YES!! I put an F4 28" on mine and I am very pleased. I look just over the top with it in the "down" position. (I, too, am a bit vertically challenged at 5'6"! ) But one thing I added that was a surprise as to how much it improved the ride was rider floor boards, maybe especially for us lesser tall folks! You can really move your feet around and find several comfy positions. I also added the hood decal that makes it GO FASTER! Good luck and enjoy!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default lucky me

First off, thanks to all for their input. A shield is a must above 70 mph, regardless of the temp. Was riding her this morning and found it impossible to get into first gear after starting it up. Had to go reverse first and then it would engage first gear. After a bit more riding, "check transmission" scrolled across the display. Called the dealer, told him about the issue. He checked somewhere and I guess there is a transmission bulletin on the machine. Something to do with a tranny switch or something. He is going to pick it up at my home and get it fixed. So no riding for me until, hopefully, next weekend. Lucky me, spend $18k, and cant use it.

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear. I have a Madstad shield, and like that it's easy to take on and off.

Spyder Garage

First off, thanks to all for their input. A shield is a must above 70 mph, regardless of the temp. Was riding her this morning and found it impossible to get into first gear after starting it up. Had to go reverse first and then it would engage first gear. After a bit more riding, "check transmission" scrolled across the display. Called the dealer, told him about the issue. He checked somewhere and I guess there is a transmission bulletin on the machine. Something to do with a tranny switch or something. He is going to pick it up at my home and get it fixed. So no riding for me until, hopefully, next weekend. Lucky me, spend $18k, and cant use it.
    on your new ride. Recommend trying the boot up/start up process again. If you try to rush the process, sometimes the takes control and does "things." This is a new machine so the computer is "learning" the mechanics.

Get on bike, turn on key--wait until all the buzzing and burping is quiet. The screen should be telling you to press the MODE button. Put your foot on the brake, push mode, you should get a different screen. The tranny usually goes to N at this point. Keep foot on brake, push START and the engine should fire.

Shift to either R or 1--depending. The motor will start with higher than normal rpm's. Thirty seconds or so and it will idle down to normal.

That first shift will give you a loud CLUNK--that is normal. It gets quieter when the warms up.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    on your new ride. Recommend trying the boot up/start up process again. If you try to rush the process, sometimes the takes control and does "things." This is a new machine so the computer is "learning" the mechanics.

Get on bike, turn on key--wait until all the buzzing and burping is quiet. The screen should be telling you to press the MODE button. Put your foot on the brake, push mode, you should get a different screen. The tranny usually goes to N at this point. Keep foot on brake, push START and the engine should fire.

Shift to either R or 1--depending. The motor will start with higher than normal rpm's. Thirty seconds or so and it will idle down to normal.

That first shift will give you a loud CLUNK--that is normal. It gets quieter when the warms up.
    I am going to give that a shot. thank you very much.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post

Gave it a try, but no luck. Now the tranny is stuck in reverse and it won't start. Darn.

Spyder Garage

Gave it a try, but no luck. Now the tranny is stuck in reverse and it won't start. Darn.
    Sometimes the easy thing works. Guess its going to be Plan B--let the dealer fix it under warranty--as you already were planning.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Congrats on your new Spyder and sorry to hear about the tranny. In 2008 I bought a new BMW M3 and had a transmission issue the first day. They picked it up, did an update and I never had another problem. Hopefully yours will work out the same.

I have the Route 129 windshield on mine. It takes the blast off your chest so you don't have to keep a death grip on the grips but your head is still in the wind. I love it.

Hope you you get your ride back soon,
    Tommy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Eric,
    , and I'm sorry to hear that the dealer has to take a closer look at what's going on with your bike...
    Once you get it back; come on up into Sullivan County, and we'll show you some fun roads!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBwell View Post
    Congrats on your new Spyder and sorry to hear about the tranny. In 2008 I bought a new BMW M3 and had a transmission issue the first day. They picked it up, did an update and I never had another problem. Hopefully yours will work out the same.

I have the Route 129 windshield on mine. It takes the blast off your chest so you don't have to keep a death grip on the grips but your head is still in the wind. I love it.

Hope you you get your ride back soon,
    Tommy
    thanks for the encouragement, i have little doubt that it will be fixed soon. I'm a short guy, 5 foot 5, will I be able to see over the blue ridge shield? I don't mind if it hits my helmet, that would be ok, but looking through the shield is unacceptable to me.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Hi Eric,
    , and I'm sorry to hear that the dealer has to take a closer look at what's going on with your bike...
    Once you get it back; come on up into Sullivan County, and we'll show you some fun roads!
    I would love to. My wife knows Grahmsville like the back of her hand, she works up there a lot. We are from the Walden area. I'll contact you once the ride is fixed.

Spyder Garage

on your new ride. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    on your new ride. Deanna
    Thank you, Deanna

Spyder Garage

When the f3 I was driving seemed to be stuck in reverse I had hit the kill switch

Spyder Garage