Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Day trip from the Raleigh area to Boone and the BRP on 10/10

I know that spyders in the smokies is scheduled for 2 weeks later, but I feel like that might be a little late to catch the leaves in full color. So, I have decided to make our annual mountain trip on 10/10. We will be meeting somewhere in the Cary area and heading out on 421 towards Boone, N.C. Once there, we will hop on the BRP and take that down to Little Switzerland. Then we will do the Diamondback Loop, and head down towards Marion. Once we got to I-40, we will just grab another bite to eat, and then head home. This is about a 450-500 mile round trip. We will probably be leaving early on saturday morning (around 7), and should be getting home just after dark. It should be a great ride, and we do plan on taking plenty of stops as to not wear anyone out. If you are interested in going, please post up.

Thanks,

Keith
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default Ride 10/10

At what point are you getting on the BRP? I can meet up with you at Cross Roads Harley Davidson in Wilksboro on 421. I'm about 2 hrs from Wilksboro. What time do you think you'll be Wilksboro?
    Never lost, just different roads!!!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hdspyder View Post
    At what point are you getting on the BRP? I can meet up with you at Cross Roads Harley Davidson in Wilksboro on 421. I'm about 2 hrs from Wilksboro. What time do you think you'll be Wilksboro?
    We will be getting on where 421 crosses the brp. I will post up times as we get closer to the date. We normally stop just past Winston Salem for breakfast, and then gas up 1 last time in Wilksboro. I will post my cell before we go so we can plan on a meeting place.

Spyder Garage

Default Ride 10/10

Sounds like a plan.

thanks,
    Never lost, just different roads!!!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Looks like I might be in your neck of the woods that weekend so I will try to make it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmChris View Post
    Looks like I might be in your neck of the woods that weekend so I will try to make it.
    Great talking to you today. I hope you are able to make it on this ride. I will post up final details about a meet time and place on Thursday night.

Spyder Garage

Well, it seems like there could be some possible rain heading our way for friday night. Although some say it could linger into saturday morning, I am going to believe that it will not. The plan for now is to still meet in the parking lot at Lowe's hardware in Cary at 7:15, and we will be leaving at 7:30. The weather should actually be getting better the further we go west and north. If it seems like it will be wet, at or around leave time, I will post up. I hope things work out. I talked to my daughter today (she is in Boone), and she says the leaves are getting really pretty, but she thinks that they may be gone by the following weekend.

Spyder Garage

If everything works out Friday afternoon, I will be able to join you. I'll let you know Friday night. I got a little lost scouting that Lowe's parking lot tonight and ended up in Raleigh. I am pretty sure I can find it again though.

Spyder Garage

Well, it is currently rainig in Boone, and light rain is headed this way. So I have decided to cancel the day trip to the BRP for today. Sorry, but I prefere to be safe and not sorry, besides, if my wife got wet, I would never live it down.