Spyder Garage

Default What to do and see in PA

Going out out the Spyders for a week starting on Monday 28th Sept. The only thing planned is a hotel in Carlisle PA on Wednesday and Thursday night. Planning to take in the automotive swap meet. So there are a couple days to fill before and after. Any suggestions for roads to drive. Sites to see. Food to eat.

Thanks

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm not as familiar with Pennsylvania...
    But here's a real great place to visit, if you happen to pop over into New York...

http://www.classiccarmuseum.org/

If you like cars; THIS place is a must-see!
    (Perhaps another trip??)

Have a safe and memorable trip!!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 09-24-2015 at 01:03 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Places around Carlisle

If you want places to visit, you have Gettysburg Battlefield and Amish country in Lancaster, PA. Both of these are southeast of Carlisle with beautiful scenery and things to do. If you head west from Carlisle into Perry and Juniata counties there is great scenery and mountain roads, but not as much to do. Being from that area originally I do miss the scenery of the mountains and the fields, though I love the all year riding here in the desert.
    2013 RT Limited
    Tucson, AZ

Spyder Garage

Depending on how far away from Carlisle and what direction your coming from or going too. Wellsboro(up closer to ny border) probably about 3 hours north of Carlisle. It is pa's grand canyon. A lot of awesome rides up there for sure. Leaves are just starting to change colors in the mountains of northern pa. More browns and dark reds right now.

If your wanting to stay closer to Carlisle there are a lot of spyder ryders out there that would love to ride with you.

Shady maple is an amazing buffet and a must do. Its about 1.5 hours east of Carlisle. www.shady-maple.com

Spyder Garage

Thanks for ideas. PA's grand canyon looks like it would be worth a look. The car museum maybe on the way home. Amish country would almost feel like home dodging horse poo on the road. All great ideas.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Perry County!!! & Hyner Ridge!!!

Darn, we live in Cent. PA, but will be out of town all next week. I wish we could be there and show you a few great rides. I would suggest some of the roads through Perry County, which is just north of Carlisle. In addition, a place further north of Carlisle, nearer to the PA Grand Canyon is a place called Hyner Ridge (Just between Renovo and Lock Haven). It gives a great overlook view of the Juniata Valley and surrounding mountains. They hang glide off of the ridge also. You can find it on Map Quest. If you go from Carlisle north to the Grand Canyon take the back roads. They will climb the mountains and offer the best scenery. I hope you have a great time no matter where you ride in PA, and be safe. The deer are becoming more active around here this time of year.

LEEB

2014 RT-S Pearl White - 'Miss Pearl'

Spyder Garage

Default Pa grand canyon

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Thanks for ideas. PA's grand canyon looks like it would be worth a look. The car museum maybe on the way home. Amish country would almost feel like home dodging horse poo on the road. All great ideas.
    Hi. I live 2 miles from Leonard Harrison lookout at the grand canyon. It is very nice and has a little store. You ride through farm country. The west rim up to Colton Point lookout is a much nicer ride..switchbacks through the forest. It is a short trip to both lookouts from wellsboro. There are several places to stay in wellsboro and Mansfeild. Beep your horn if you see my Jeff Pier Plumbing sighn on your way. If you are a GOS member my wife is Karen A Kreger Pier.
    Traded 2013 rt s se5 for pearl white 2015 RTS se6 .
    Gloryder hubs
    622 trailer
    bumpskid
    Wife and I have been a couple since 1980
    32 years of wedded bliss

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LEEB View Post
    Darn, we live in Cent. PA, but will be out of town all next week. I wish we could be there and show you a few great rides. I would suggest some of the roads through Perry County, which is just north of Carlisle. In addition, a place further north of Carlisle, nearer to the PA Grand Canyon is a place called Hyner Ridge (Just between Renovo and Lock Haven). It gives a great overlook view of the Juniata Valley and surrounding mountains. They hang glide off of the ridge also. You can find it on Map Quest. If you go from Carlisle north to the Grand Canyon take the back roads. They will climb the mountains and offer the best scenery. I hope you have a great time no matter where you ride in PA, and be safe. The deer are becoming more active around here this time of year.

LEEB

link to Hyner View with some pictures...and its the west branch of the Susquehanna river...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    link to Hyner View with some pictures...and its the west branch of the Susquehanna river...

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1T...sch&gws_rd=ssl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Here is a link for the best motorcycle roads in PA...Some may find this interesting

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    This looks like a great resource thanks.

2018 F3 LIMITED