Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT windshield recall

I am Spyder owner and have heard there was a recall on 2014 RT windshield hardware? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Can not say if it was a recall or not. I assume you are talking about the hardware that the windscreen pivots on. I had read that some people had the screw back out and the pivot pin fall out.

We have the same machine as you, even in the same color. I have removed our windscreen at the pivots and found no issues.

For piece of mind, you could ensure the screws are snug. DO NOT make them tight. The inner bushings are shorter than the casting and you may crack the casting or deform it creating a problem later.

It is a very simple check, and if you have the tool, not even worth the drive to the dealer.

If you are talking about the windscreen arm that raises and lowers the windscreen, if they have done a recall, this is the first I have heard about it. Those items have failed, but so far are being replaced when they fail under warranty.

PK

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes PK talking about the hardware. Had one of the screws pop out and lost on the way home from delivery. Bought it from a non cam dealer about an hour and a half from the house.

Thanks,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NC Spyder View Post
    Yes PK talking about the hardware. Had one of the screws pop out and lost on the way home from delivery. Bought it from a non cam dealer about an hour and a half from the house.

Thanks,
    Honestly, hit a True Value store or bicycle shop. Get new matching hardware in stainless. Ensure the threads are clean and use one small drop of Loc-Tite on the screw threads.

The oem design is nice but is a little weird though cosmetically is perfect.

Again, do not tighten, just snug and let the Loc-Tite retain the screw.

PK

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have not heard of a recall on anything to do with the windshield, but I will be keeping my eye open for issues.
    BTW, we need to get up, I see that you are in Cary also. We have a group of about 3 that get together to ride from time to time. I am on the southern side of Cary off 1010 rd.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

No recall that I have heard of but there maybe a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) about the screws. Unfortunately unless you know someone that can get on BRP's BOSSWeb, we cannot see those.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Would love to get together and ride anytime. Shoot me an e mail and we can get something on the books.

sgarfield@technicalprosource.com

Thanks blacklightning.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Friends have a 2014 Spyder RT. They have found that if you put windshield not quite all the way up and not all the way down there is no problem with the screws. Others in our group have had problems with
    the windshield and they put windshield all the way up and all the way down.

Spyder Garage

Default VIN Recall Lookup

Go to this link and enter your VIN to find recalls for your Spyder

http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/safety/safety-recalls-vin-lookup.html

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

I just got a new tire at the dealer and he automatically ordered the new screws for me. I don't remember if he said it was a recall or a bulletin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tony
    2014 RT

Mods: Adjustable side wind deflectors; Adjustable vented windshield; Rear and front trunk lights; Replaced the foot pegs with Web Boards; Gerbing heater controls; Garmin Zumo 390LM GPS; Fog lights; Front headlamp accent lights; Replaced the standard fender light bulbs with LEDs; BumpSkid; Frunk insert and stripes from WrapMySPyder; BajaRon Swaybar; Laser alignment.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe that there was a TSB issued about the hardware.
    Yet nothing, for the fragile center strut...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

wondering if this has something to do with the squeezing I get when I hit a bump in the road. If you hit a wash board area on the road it sounds worse. I've tried spraying some lube up there on the arms and it stops it for about a week or so and then it's back again.
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default Windshi led hardware

Think it was a service bulletin but whatever. The pin was almost out on mine the second day. My dealer replaced it and the gas cap same time.
    Never saw a hearse with a trailer hitch!

Spyder Garage

Does anyone have a picture or part number of the screw(s) and pin(s) you're talking about? What else has to come off after the windshield from the frame to check. I've been riding from the getgo with the windshield raised just a shade up from bottom stop because of the potential cracking of the movement arm on the windshield motor support assembly. Thank you.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

NOT a RECALL!

There is a Service Bulletin out on this problem.
    The parts come under warranty and you or your shop can install the new bolts and washers.

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by NC Spyder View Post

Thanks,

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black