Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Had my 2011 done.

My 2011 RTL threw some heat. Not as bad as some. I contacted my dealer and they ordered the scoop kit and installed it at no cost to me. It made a huge difference. I would recommend having it done.

Here is some info. From a previous thread that helped me with my transaction. I just emailed my dealer with this information and an explaination of my problem and they took care of everything.

Originally Posted by Sarge707

Mention TST#112333 and Kit # 219800388

Last edited by LoveMyRyde; 09-25-2015 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Adding info.

2011 Spyder RT Limited (Artie)

Spyder Garage

Default Get 'em

I would definitely get them, they should be on all of them. The difference in mine is like night and day. I used to have to leave it outside for at least 1/2 hr. for the evap. overflow to stop dripping, now I hit the door opener and drive in without stopping. I also don't feel like I have to keep one eye in the mirror watching for smoke or flames while going down the road.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Default heat

I did, because the heat was melting the glue on my right boot. It made a HUGE difference. BRP was kind enough to pick up the tab for both the parts and labor. I thanked them for that.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Do you have the part number for the scoops kit with the braces to replace the panels? Would like to order a kit for Louise new 15......

She actually complains that its much hotter than her 13 was post recall.
    http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/...P//219800388/1
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Scoops Done - Thanks Johnny K's!

Quote Originally Posted by 2RTsGV View Post
    We had the scoops installed on my wife's 2012 RTL and the glovebox area and under the seat does not get hot anymore. Additionally, the gas tank is cool to touch after a long ride and temp guage hovers around the halfway mark instead of 3/4. We have also noticed an increase in fuel mileage since both our bikes (mine = 2013 RT) are both currently getting 32-33 mpg

Our dealer contacted BRP regarding getting the scoops installed on the 2012 and was told that as we still have extended warranty BRP will pick up the tab for the installation.
    Many thanks and a big thumbs up to Anthony and the team at Johnny K's Powersports in Lodi, OH. They contacted BRP to get me the full warranty coverage for both parts and installation of the scoops on my 2012 RT Limited. Then called me to make an appointment, and got it done quickly. These guys have always done a great job keeping me happy and on the road! And the scoops look awesome on the RT!

Spyder Garage

Default Air Scoops added to Louise 2015 RT

Finished installing these yesterday...

One of the first things Louise noticed about the 2015 was how much WARMER it was than her 2013. No more.

She is also sporting a new laser alignment done right here in Houston and ready for the Hill Country Ride next weekend!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtoro1 View Post
    I did mine ,I bought mine at the dealer at US 1 motorsports in Grant florida $69 it works good
    Good to know. I moved to Palm Bay a few months ago and need to find a reputable dealer. I'll have to pop in there after Biketoberfest and see about getting this done. I want to have a sway bar and foot pegs installed anyway, might as well do it all at once. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

So do the scoops only come in black?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    So do the scoops only come in black?
    I had it done for my '12 RTL and I've only seen them in Black. The front aprox 1-1/2 inches is high gloss/smooth finish and the rest is Matte black/rough finish. But they look great on all the trykes I've seen 'em on, regardless of the color of the Spyder...
    Last edited by NorCalBud; 10-14-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

JUST MAKE SURE the dealer did the job correctly...

I have seen several 2010-2012's that got the scoops and the dealer did not remove the acoustic panel and install the proper brace that comes in the kit!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBud View Post
    I had it done for my '12 RTL and I've only seen them in Black. The front aprox 1-1/2 inches is high gloss/smooth finish and the rest is Matte black/rough finish. But they look great on all the trykes I've seen 'em on, regardless of the color of the Spyder...
    I'll bet that they'd be pretty easy to color-match...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default heat issues

I have posted several times in response to this issue. I contacted BRP regarding the heat on my 2012 RT LTD. They were GREAT. They arranged for my dealer to get the scoops and install everything for me as an accommodation at no cost to me. I was not the original owner, had no extended warranty and was beyond the two years, but they took care of everything for me. I don't think one ask for any more responsive a company than that. It has made a world of difference on my bike, and I can now drive 600 miles in 90 plus with no issues.
    Seth

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I'm doing my 2010

After reading this thread, I've decided to install the kit on my wives 2010 RT. I ordered the kit yesterday and should have it by next weekend. The dealer said they have to wait until they have a minimum of $150 to order from BRP. The scoop kit was something like $68 and I ordered a rubber grommet I'm missing from my left side tupperware for an additional $4. He said that he should have enough sales by Monday to put in the order. I'm planning on taking pictures during the install and I'll post again after the job is done.

Spyder Garage

Default Vents

Quote Originally Posted by Creepn View Post
    After reading this thread, I've decided to install the kit on my wives 2010 RT. I ordered the kit yesterday and should have it by next weekend. The dealer said they have to wait until they have a minimum of $150 to order from BRP. The scoop kit was something like $68 and I ordered a rubber grommet I'm missing from my left side tupperware for an additional $4. He said that he should have enough sales by Monday to put in the order. I'm planning on taking pictures during the install and I'll post again after the job is done.
    Would be nice to have video to follow the vent install