Spyder Garage

Default A seat for pressure relief

First of all hello to all the Spyderlovers. I've been doing research on all types of trikes. I wandered into my nearest Can-Am dealership sat on the F3 and said this is it. It just felt right. A question I have is about the seat. Being paralyzed my rear end has disappeared and I'm worried about pressure sores. Is the stock seat good or is there an aftermarket seat better suited for being in the saddle for extended periods of time. Any help would be appreciated. Thx and keep riding

Spyder Garage

You can try an air hawk r seat cushion. Google air hawk and see for yourself if that would be something that you would like. It might keep you from getting sores. Hope this info helps.
    2013 RT SE5
    Bajaron sway bar
    Bajaron heim links
    laser alignment from dealer
    Inspector Gadget floor boards
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Grip Puppies
    HEAT RECALL COMPLETED

Spyder Garage

Airhawk is probably the way to go to avoid pressure sores.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default 6000+

Quote Originally Posted by GIMP410 View Post
    First of all hello to all the Spyderlovers. I've been doing research on all types of trikes. I wandered into my nearest Can-Am dealership sat on the F3 and said this is it. It just felt right. A question I have is about the seat. Being paralyzed my rear end has disappeared and I'm worried about pressure sores. Is the stock seat good or is there an aftermarket seat better suited for being in the saddle for extended periods of time. Any help would be appreciated. Thx and keep riding
    i did a 6000+ miles (of smiles) ride this past July, with NO issues with my F3-S seat....
    if you think you really need additional padding... there are a number of good choices out there that will help....
    ride like you stole it....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

You may want to contact Motorcycledave. He is a supporting vendor of this site. Before he started
    dealing with motorcycle seats he first was dealing with hospitals, nursing homes, etc. in the 1970s.
    Still has a company that deals with these type of facilities.

http://www.motorcycledave.com/
    Last edited by Gordon; 09-19-2015 at 10:13 PM.

Spyder Garage

+1 on Dave. His main business is still fixing wheel chair seats for people who are confined to wheel Chairs.Call him on the phone and visit with him and explain your situation. He is great to talk to and will spend time with you to get you a solution.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    You may want to contact Motorcycledave. He is a supporting vendor of this site. Before he started
    dealing with motorcycle seats he first was dealing with hospitals, nursing homes, etc. in the 1970s.
    Still has a company that deals with these type of facilities.

http://www.motorcycledave.com/
    . Great to know bit of referance thx
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I am guessing you have been in a Hospital....

And while you were there in a bed for days and days on end you found out all the good things
    about Medical GEL, they have been using it in hospitals for years to stop bed sores, pressure points and
    pain, I got the idea of installing Gel into motorcycle seats about 30 years ago long before "I think" anyone
    else, I have always had it in stock for use in hospitals, I am also owner of Valley Medical Repair so this was
    a no brainer, I installed it in my own seat and WOW what a difference.
    Since then I have done it in several hundred seats and everyone who has it loves it as far as I know.
    I have the DO IT YOURSELF kits in stock that has everything you need to install the Gel into your seat,
    it takes about 1 or 2 hours depending how brave you are to cut the old foam out of your seat and replace it with
    the gel, Check out my website photos section there you will see how easy it is to do... the kit is $79.95
    Ride Safe
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by GIMP410 View Post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 09-19-2015 at 11:58 PM.

Spyder Garage

I have had custom seats made for every bike I have owned for the last 25 yrs. I can say without a doubt the Russell All Day Seats makes the best most somcortable seat on the market......

matk
    Bullies are sad pathetic People

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nyparrothead View Post
    I have had custom seats made for every bike I have owned for the last 25 yrs. I can say without a doubt the Russell All Day Seats makes the best most somcortable seat on the market......

matk
    Ny just beat me to it. There are a lot of things that you can put on your seat and there are a lot of great seat makers but I believe at the end of the day most long distance riders agree the Russell Day Long Saddle is the very best. It has side bolsters that may also help keep you in place.